💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Johnny's Auto Parts
1475 River Rd, Pittston, PA 18640
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
This family-owned junkyard offers a wide selection of second-hand parts in very good shape for all makes and models. With a commitment to customer satisfaction, they provide reliable and cheap solutions for your auto repair needs. Whether you're in need of a specific part or just browsing, their knowledgeable staff is ready to assist you.
"I been down on my luck lately with my car my back tire locked up on me as I was driving to to Johnnys auto and this man from Johnny's auto came through in the clutch for me without me even asking..."more
22. Cash For Cars - Scranton
210 McAlpine St Ste B, Duryea, PA 18642
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts auto buyer
The finest way to economize hundreds of dollars on spare parts for your auto is by visiting this junkyard in the Duryea neighborhood, this is a superb choice. More information: This junkyard opening schedule info is not available yet.Additionally, you may read 3 thoughts left by other users.
"Cars for cash gave me the best price for my van. They made the process relatively easy (Although you do need to be there in person So an extra road trip was necessary.) Everyone involved..."more
33. James Tabit & Sons
1151 Washington Ave, Plymouth, PA 18651
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard part installation service
Located in the heart of the city, this junkyard offers a smoothly experience for those looking to dispose of scrap metal and old appliances. The friendly staff is always ready to provide helpful information and ensure a smooth transaction. Customers appreciate the fair pricing and convenient process, making it their go-to spot for waste disposal.
"Very nice guys. First thing in the morning, and they were both very friendly. Easy in and out. No problems. Seemed fair to me, didn't have to pay the trash company extra for removal of a stove..."more
44. Malak's Auto
2 Salonsky Rd, Shavertown, PA 18708
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard
This junkyard offers a extensive variety of new and used vehicle parts at reasonable prices. Customers appreciate the knowledgeable staff and the ease of finding what they need without any issues. Whether you're looking for a specific part or just browsing, this business has everything you need to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
"Very knowledgeable reasonable pricing new and used vehicles."more
55. EMR Hazleton
580 Transportation Dr, Hazleton, PA 18201
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center offers exceptional service, thanks to their dedicated and professional team. Customers appreciate the kindness and respect shown by employees like Tommy, who go above and beyond to make the recycling process easy and stress-free. Their commitment to customer satisfaction sets them apart in the industry.
"I been a customer of this place for a few years now. I would like to thank each of the employees there, especially Tommy for always being kind, respectful and very professional at what he does..."more
66. Masleys Auto Wreckers
36 Terrace Rd, Freeland, PA 18224junkyard
This salvage yard aims to offer a very qualified service at lower prices, gathering a large breadth of supply and with the warranties requested by its buyers. Users can locate this salvage yard near the city of Freeland (Pennsylvania). Additional information: The Masleys Auto Wreckers schedule information is not available but you can check their website.
77. Charles W Spencer Junk Yard
142 Sawmill Rd, Hunlock Creek, PA 18621
3/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard
The junkyard you are looking here is settled in Hunlock Creek (Pennsylvania) and it's providing the greatest value vehicle spares to its eventual customers near the environs. If you need to request a valuation for your old auto or plead for a particular used piece, you can get in touch with them using phone. This company has been voted 2 times by previous users.
"Good parts and lots of fun to talk to the workers 5 stars :)."more
88. General Metal Auto Recycling
108 Garden Dr, Hunlock Creek, PA 18621junkyard
Purchasers have the possibility to reach this junkyard close to the neighborhood of the town of Hunlock Creek (Pennsylvania). Its preeminent business model is the sale of auto spare parts with the most incredible prices in the state but without giving up all the warranties that you could require. If you are aimed to contact them, you can do this by these means: phone.
99. Tnt Auto Recycling Incorporated
7601 Blue Ridge Trl, Wapwallopen, PA 18660junkyard
Do you have sleeping in the garage a junk car or are you looking for cheap pieces for your vehicle? This site advise you a visit to this junkyard in Wapwallopen, since it owns a gargantuan inventory. This salvage yard opening schedule information is not available yet.
1010. Brenner Recycling & Brenner Core Group
282 S Wyoming St, Hazleton, PA 18201
2.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
At this recycling center, customers can expect friendly and informative service. The staff is dedicated to providing guidance on how to properly recycle materials and maximize efficiency. Whether dropping off electronic waste, glass, paper, or plastic, customers appreciate the helpful advice provided by the knowledgeable team.
"The man working at the scale was very nice and helpful. He took time to explain how to make my next trip more efficient and profitable."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Luzerne County, PA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Luzerne County, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Luzerne County, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Luzerne County, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Luzerne County, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Luzerne County, PA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.