💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Trashy McGee’s Junkyard
740 King Hill Rd, New London, NH 03257
5/5 - 1 reviewsrecycling center used auto, truck & classic car parts used motorcycle & atv parts junk car removal towing service
Citizens of the New London area have the opportunity to obtain a wide stock of second-hand spare-parts that can fit with their vehicles in this salvage yard. You can contact them using: phone. In addition, you can check 1 reviews left by other users.
"Will you take anything from cars to appliances! Anything you want to drop off except ordinary day to day trash."more
22. Harding Metals Inc
42 Harding Dr, Northwood, NH 03261
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center self service junk car removal towing service
If you are in the task of looking for the cheapest second hand parts in the Northwood neighborhood, this junkyard is a great pick to buy them at a low price. You can get in touch with them using: phone. More info: This salvage yard opening schedule info cannot be found yet.This salvage yard has been rated 3 times by our users.
"Overall great. I've been going here for half a year. The forklift operator is respectful and is more than willing to explain how or why something is being graded as it is and is willing to..."more
33. Weber Auto & Truck Parts Corp
135 Island Pond Rd, Derry, NH 03038
3.3/5 - 6 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
This family-owned salvage yard is the go-to destination for anyone in need of used parts. With outstanding service and fair prices, they treat all customers like part of the family. No need to look any further for a reliable and courteous salvage yard experience.
"Its a family run salvage yard. Every time I call them the service has been outstanding. They track down the parts,and have them waiting for me when I arrive.There all friendly and..."more
44. Benoit's Auto Cores&Recycling
600 Main St, Lancaster, NH 03584
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts auto buyer
Inhabitants of the Lancaster surroundings have the opportunity to purchase an extensive stock of used parts that will fit with their vehicles in this junkyard. You can contact them via: phone. This company has been voted 3 times by our visitors.
"I have always had a wonderful experience working with Benoits, they treat you like family. They are some of the most respectful and Courteous people I know. In the north country this is a..."more
55. General Auto Salvage Co
239 Old Newport Rd, Claremont, NH 03743
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service shipping available
This salvage yard offers a self-serve option for those in need of car parts. Customers have praised the yard for having a wide selection of parts at economical prices, and appreciate the attentive customer service provided by the staff. Whether it's finding an exact part or receiving fast shipping, this business aims to meet the needs of its customers.
"Place is amazing. Got my exact part (rear slider with glass) for my ford. Worth the hour drive cheapest prices around. Thanks guys!."more
66. Gilpatric Metal Recycling
201 Abel Rd, Bristol, NH 03222
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center towing service
This junkyard wich operates near the city of Bristol (New Hampshire), offers a very competent service to its buyers, delivering attractive offers but with the expected quality and an extensive diversity of catalog. Contact them by: phone. This company has been voted 3 times by our visitors.
"We’ve had cars towed from our home, driver quick and polite. Been to the yard and they are helpful, fast efficient. Prices are always competitive. Highly recommended."more
112 Maple Rd, Tamworth, NH 03886
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center towing service
The finest way to avoid wasting a lot of money on used pieces for your vehicle is by visiting this junkyard in the Tamworth surroundings, this is a very good election. The Armetals is open Monday to Saturday.Other customers have left 3 reviews about this business.
"THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!! EVERYONE HELPS OUT, AND YOU ARE IN AND OUT IN A FLASH!!! I CAME IN ON A DAY THAT WAS RAINING VERY BAD AND EVERYONE GOT TOGETHER TO HELP ME GET BACK ON THE ROAD..."more
88. Murray's Auto Recycling Ctr
55 Hall Rd, Londonderry, NH 03053
5/5 - 4 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
This junkyard in Massachusetts offers a wide variety of car parts at reasonable prices. Customers have praised the helpful and friendly staff for their efficient service and quick delivery of parts. With a large selection of cars, this business is a go-to place for anyone looking for economic automotive components.
"I had called Murrays to get a set of 4 tires and they had 2 different sets in the size I needed. I was told a price for all 4 and thats what it was. Two gentlemen loaded them into my car no..."more
99. P3's auto salvage
256 Hurricane Rd, Belmont, NH 03220
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
Are you the owner of an used vehicle or are you looking for second-hand pieces for your car? This directory suggest a visit to this salvage yard in Belmont, since it offers an extensive stock. This salvage yard has been voted 3 times by previous visitors.
"My experience was great. The guy, which I forgot his name now, was extremely kind and understanding. Not knowing I showed up 5 minutes before he was closing. He finished what he was doing and..."more
1010. Money For Metals
426 Fitchburg Rd, Greenville, NH 03048
3.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard auto buyer
The perfect approach to save large amounts of money on spare parts suitable for your vehicle is by visiting this junkyard in the Greenville surroundings, this is an attractive election. Additionally, you can check 3 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"Quick and easy, just wished they were open a little later."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in New Hampshire
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in New Hampshire?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in New Hampshire, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Hampshire Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the New Hampshire DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Hampshire DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in New Hampshire?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in New Hampshire?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in New Hampshire?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in New Hampshire that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in New Hampshire may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.