💵 Want to sell your car in Texas?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Dyer Auto Salvage
10880 Dyer St, El Paso, TX 79934
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts shipping available junk car removal
Visit this salvage yard for a wide selection of used parts and excellent customer service. The staff is friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to find the part you need at a competitive price. Whether it's for selling your old vehicle or finding replacement parts, this place has got you covered.
"Well this 2 day a week quest that started on the 17th of July has ended with a 500.00 sale of my 2005 Ford ranger I called they came with cash and I did not have to give these guys a power..."
22. Lane Recyclers of Jacksonville
9653 FM 347, Jacksonville, TX 75766
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal
Customers can reach this junkyard near the proximity of the town of Jacksonville (Texas). Its main business model is the marketing of vehicle spares with the best prices in the surroundings and with all the warranties that you may request. If you need to reach them, you can achieve it by these means: phone. This salvage yard has been rated 3 times by previous users.
"This place was “GREAT”. I would recommend it to anyone. They were very helpful in finding the part I needed. I was very impressed with their system with numbers on the vehicle, being in..."
33. Hacienda Salvage & Metal Co
3725 E Main St, Uvalde, TX 78801
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
This salvage yard wich operates in the city of Uvalde (Texas), distributes a very professional service to its shoppers, with tremendous bargains but with the best excellency and an extensive variety of catalog. Contact them by: phone. Additionally, you can read 3 reviews left by our visitors.
"Rob and Roland are the owners of the salvage yard. These two guys are a few of the most honest people that you'll ever meet in your life. Super hospitable and honest! If you want to make a great..."
44. A-1 Salvage, LLC
4008 Pine St, Abilene, TX 79601
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts self service junk car removal
Customers have the opportunity to talk with the attentive manager of this salvage yard using these means: phone. In order to acquire the best quality auto spares in the town of Abilene (Texas), they are an incredible pick. More info: This salvage yard timetable info does not appear in our database, despite this you have the possibility to check its web.Other visitors have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"Stopped by to sell an old cat. I was in and out within 2 minutes with cash in hand. The price for my cat was highest here than at the other two scrap yards I tried before. Everyone was friendly..."
55. Daley Salvage
1618 Smith Rau Rd, Columbus, TX 78934
4.4/5 - 8 reviewssalvage yard used auto, truck & classic car parts
The ideal way to economize large amounts of money on spare parts for your vehicle is to contact this junkyard in the Columbus location, this is an outstanding option. More information: They're open Monday to Saturday.Other users have shared 8 thoughts about this business.
The best days of my life!!!
"I remember the good old days when I could ride along to the junk yard... I was 14 & pregnant, married to Clarence & the idea of a great day for me was to go to Daley's. This family kindness to..."
66. Jackpot Iron & Metal Inc.
744 FM609, La Grange, TX 78945
5/5 - 1 reviews opens at 7 AMscrap metal dealer used auto parts part installation service junk car removal
The junkyard we show here is wich operates near La Grange (Texas) and it's offering incredible performance auto pieces to its possible clients close to the neighborhood. If you want to demand a quote for your used auto or plead for a precise second-hand part, please contact them via phone. This company has been voted 1 times by previous users.
"This scrap yard has been in business for years however it has a new owner that's just starting out growing a business. Amazing guys up there and the owner is not new to the scrapping business..."
77. CTC Auto Ranch
3077 Memory Ln, Denton, TX 76207
5/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto, truck & classic car parts used motorcycle parts shipping available
This salvage yard settled close to the town of Denton (Texas), delivers an highly qualified service to its customers, with attractive discounts but without giving up the expected quality and a substantial breadth of inventory. Contact them by: phone or email. Additionally, you can check 5 reviews left by other users.
"I was looking for the Unicorn of parts (65 Fury, wiper motor) for weeks and all over the internet. Someone suggested CT Auto Ranch to me, within 30 minutes of emailing them on Monday, they..."
88. Pick and Pull San Antonio
11795 Applewhite Rd Bldg 16, San Antonio, TX 78224
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto & classic car parts self service
Find the used parts you need with ease at this junkyard. Offering a self-serve option, the organized and clean yard makes it easy to locate what you're looking for. With a vast selection of vehicle parts, this is the first stop for those in search of quality and economic used car components.
"Hands down the best price for parts from a used part place or a junkyard. Although you must be the first few people to get to the car if you want to get the part that you want. The best way to..."
99. Snyder Auto Salvage
24549 State Hwy 95, Holland, TX 76534
4.5/5 - 4 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts shipping available
This junkyard wich operates in the city of Holland (Texas), provides a very specialized and competent service to its purchasers, offering tremendous bargains but without giving up the expected excellency and a substantial breadth of catalog. Contact them by: email or phone. Other visitors have shared 4 opinions about this business.
"I really appreciate JP Padron going the extra mile and taking the time to help resolve the issues that arose with my order of a transmission. He took the time to make the necessary arrangements..."
1010. Jim Wilkinson Iron & Metal Inc
3145 E 14th St, Brownsville, TX 78521
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts junk car removal
Discover a diverse selection of used parts at this reliable junkyard. In addition to saving money, customers can help reduce waste and contribute positively to the environment by recycling their unwanted metal products. Choose sustainability and affordability when looking for auto parts at this establishment.
"Fast easy and great people to deal with. The price is the price it was scrap and in the way for me. Now it's there issue and I have 270 in my pocket."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Texas?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Texas, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Texas DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Texas DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Texas?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Texas?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Texas?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Texas that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Texas may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.