11. Johnny Castillo Wrecker Service
4120 Convent Ave, Laredo, TX 78041
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
The junkyard specializes in salvaging and selling old car parts, including hard-to-find items like rack and pinion for a Ford Fusion 2010. Their extensive inventory and knowledgeable staff make it a key location for car enthusiasts and mechanics looking for cost-effective options to keep vehicles running smoothly.
Rack and pinion
"Busco rack and pinion ford fusion 2010."more
22. Cardenas & Sons Inc.
3015 US-83, Carrizo Springs, TX 78834
69.9 miles 3.3/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker
This salvage yard wich operates close to the town of Carrizo Springs (Texas), offers an highly qualified service to its buyers, providing attractive bargains but without giving up the best quality and an immense diversity of supply. Contact them by: phone. Other customers have shared 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"im regards to the bad review. our shop was closed from February through September due to my fathers health issues. phone lines were not being answered. i gave nobody that high quote for 75 mile..."more
33. Wilkinson Gary iron and metal
917 S U.S. Hwy 281, Alice, TX 78332
86.7 miles 4.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer used auto parts
Looking for used parts or need to get rid of some old metal? This junkyard is the perfect place for both. With a wide selection of recycled parts and competitive prices, customers can find what they need and even make some extra cash by selling their scrap metal.
"A place that you can take metal and get money...win win!!! Cleaning the grounds and making money!! Winning!!!."more
44. Wilkinson Iron and Metal
1041 FM1556, Carrizo Springs, TX 78834
71.2 miles 5/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer
Users have the possibility to find this junkyard close to the proximity of the town of Carrizo Springs (Texas). Its main business area is the sale of auto spare parts at the most incredible prices in the vicinity but without giving up all the warranties that you may wish. In case you are aimed to contact them, you can achieve this this way: phone. This business has been voted 3 times by previous users.
"Outstanding outfit. Customer service outstanding, outstanding people."more
55. Cindy's Wrecker Services
2000 Energy Ave, Alice, TX 78332
89.1 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts towing service
The auto wrecker provides prompt and compassionate service to those in need of towing and vehicle recovery. Customers have praised the helpful and informative approach of the staff during difficult situations, making it easier to handle accidents or unexpected breakdowns. Their commitment to customer service and affordability makes them a reliable choice for automotive assistance.
"My nephew was in an accident and Cindy and her employees were very helpful in the process of retrieving the truck and helpful in me getting the payment to them from over 500 miles away. This was..."more
66. Andys Auto Wrecking
3648 US-277, Eagle Pass, TX 78852
105.6 miles 4.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
With a vast selection of used parts available, this salvage yard is the perfect place to find what you need for your vehicle. The friendly and helpful staff are dedicated to ensuring that customers receive the assistance they need to locate the right part, making it a go-to destination for car repairs.
"Amazing people always go outta there way to make sure everything is done right ! Definitely would recommend, great workers ask for andy great customer service."more
77. Kingsville Recycling
708 S 6th St, Kingsville, TX 78363
98.8 miles 5/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center
Customers rave about this recycling center's fast and friendly service. The staff is known for being helpful and attentive, making the experience of dropping off recyclables a positive one. With a commitment to keeping the community clean and green, this center is a great option for anyone looking to do their part for the environment.
"Very nice employees and thank you for keeping kingsville up."more
88. Texas Auto Salvage
2874 Bi 35 East, Pearsall, TX 78061
99.2 miles 5/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center
This salvage yard situated near the surroundings of Pearsall (Texas), delivers a very competent service to its customers, delivering tremendous offers but with the best quality and an immense diversity of catalog. Contact them by: phone. This business has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"They are really nice folk's."more
99. Tres Estrellas Auto Salvage
4309 W Mile 7 Rd, Mission, TX 78574
108.3 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard
With an extensive inventory of salvaged vehicles and parts, this salvage yard is the go-to place for car enthusiasts and mechanics alike. The friendly staff provides great customer service, helping customers find the right parts they need. Whether it's for repairs or custom projects, this place has what you're looking for.
"Great customer service."more
1010. Newell Recycling of Eagle Pass
2910 N Veterans Blvd, Eagle Pass, TX 78852
103.8 miles 3/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center
Newly rebranded, this recycling center is committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. With a focus on diverting waste from landfills, they accept a broad range of materials for recycling, including paper, plastic, glass, and metal. The friendly staff is dedicated to making the recycling process easy and convenient for all customers.
"Este lugar cambio de administración y nombre ahora se llama Maverick Recycling."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Laredo
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Laredo, TX?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Laredo, TX, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Laredo, TX DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Texas DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Laredo, TX?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Laredo, TX that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Laredo, TX may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Laredo, TX?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Laredo, TX?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.