11. Pick and Pull San Antonio
11795 Applewhite Rd Bldg 16, San Antonio, TX 78224
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto & classic car parts self service
Find the used parts you need with ease at this junkyard. Offering a self-serve option, the organized and clean yard makes it easy to locate what you're looking for. With a vast selection of vehicle parts, this is the first stop for those in search of quality and economic used car components.
"Hands down the best price for parts from a used part place or a junkyard. Although you must be the first few people to get to the car if you want to get the part that you want. The best way to..."more
22. A-1 Truck Salvage
9643 New Laredo Hwy, San Antonio, TX 78211
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts self service
Need a reliable source of cost-effective used car parts? Take a look at this self-serve junkyard. Featuring a wide variety of parts for different makes and models, customers can count on friendly and helpful staff to assist with finding the right part. Get your vehicle back on the road without breaking the bank.
"Excellent customer service. Mike and Paloma went out of the way to make sure the part was right and worked out perfect in the end. They both deserve praise and a BIG Raise. I sure hope the..."more
33. Nick's Auto Parts
10407 Roosevelt Ave, San Antonio, TX 78214
3.8/5 - 5 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts self service
Visit a well-maintained salvage yard offering an impressive selection of used car parts. With a self-serve option, you can explore our organized inventory to find what you need. Serving San Antonio since 1949, this local business specializes in older model vehicles from the 1930s onwards. Located half a mile south of Loop 410 on Roosevelt, this place has exactly what you're looking for.
"Awesome yard of vehicles and if you been to others this place looks clean no mess of bolts on the ground the selection is not all gutted to bones so you leave with nothing found everyuplus more..."more
44. San Antonio Truck & Equipment
10702 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78211
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Get the parts you need at this self-serve salvage yard. With a wide selection of used parts and friendly staff, it's the perfect spot for car enthusiasts to find what they're looking for without breaking the bank. Whether you're a local or just passing through, this place is worth a stop.
"Friendly people knowledgeable about parts. I'm not from the area but I will take time to stop and pick up spare parts to keep my old 99 9400 on the road. They are also very reasonable on price too..."more
55. Bubies Wrecker Service
1319 Drury Ln, San Antonio, TX 78221
5/5 - 4 reviewsauto wrecker towing service
This family owned auto wrecker is known for their honest and helpful service. Customers appreciate the friendly and quick assistance, with one even comparing the owner to Santa Claus. Whether you're in need of a pickup or looking for spare parts, this business offers reliable and personable service.
"The gentleman that picked us up was very friendly and he looked like Santa Claus. He got there quick. Will definitely call them again."more
66. Texas Auto Salvage
609 Somerset Rd, San Antonio, TX 78211
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts junk car removal
Find a wide selection of used parts at this junkyard. Cash in your old metal, cars, aluminum frames, cans, radiators, clean copper, dirty copper, batteries, and brass for quick payment. The friendly staff is here to help with all your junk-related needs.
"Fast ca$h ???? ????, bring in old metal,????cars, aluminum frames, cans, radiator, clean copper or dirty copper, batteries, brass, etc …."more
77. Bracken Recycling
19068 Marbach Ln, San Antonio, TX 78266
4.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts self service
Welcome to the self-serve recycling center where you can find a wide selection of used parts for your next project. Customers praise the friendly and careful service they receive when removing scrap metal from their vehicles. The center offers an easy process and fair prices, making it a top choice for all your recycling needs.
"I've never scrapped metal before and I had a bunch of old car parts from a old project that were just laying around. Rims, suspension components, and a muffler. Easy process. Just drove in and..."more
88. Junk Car Boys - Cash For Cars
831 San Manuel Ave, San Antonio, TX 78237
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal
Efficient, professional, and straightforward service. Junk Car Boys offers fast payment for your vehicle on the spot so you can say goodbye to towing worries. Customers appreciate the friendly and informative staff, as well as the smooth process from start to finish.
"Had a great experience selling my 2014 Chevy Equinox. Filled out the form and was contacted so fast a few questions and pics later we had come to a deal and they gave me more than what I was..."more
99. A-1 Imports
9663 New Laredo Hwy, San Antonio, TX 78211
4/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts
Reliable salvage yard with a wide selection of used parts. The team here is committed to providing top-notch customer service and ensuring that all parts are in great condition. They also offer vehicle start and record service for added peace of mind. A go-to spot for hard-to-find parts.
"Mann!! I had been ripped off by other salvage yards with this engine but Joseph finally spoke to me like someone with pride in their parts and service so I bought a 5.4 ford engine from him and..."more
1010. Primary Auto Recycling
602 Somerset Rd, San Antonio, TX 78211
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts
Find a broad range of used parts for any vehicle at this junkyard. With helpful and patient customer service, this business will go the extra mile to help you find the part you need. Benefit from cost-effective prices, reliable products, and honest service.
"Called to see for a part.. this my first time calling.. the person who answered was so great n patient with me..he even looked to see if the part was elsewhere.. tht was really nice..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in San Antonio
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in San Antonio, TX?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in San Antonio, TX, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the San Antonio, TX DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Texas DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in San Antonio, TX?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What happens to the parts of my car that cannot be sold?
The parts of your car that cannot be sold when you take them to a junkyard will typically be recycled or scrapped.
- Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.
- Scrapping is the process of breaking down metal into smaller pieces so that it can be melted down and reused.
Junkyards have a variety of ways to recycle and scrap car parts. Some have their own recycling and scrapping facilities, while others contract with other companies like auto wreckers to do this work.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do they have a return or refund policy?
Yes, many have a return or refund policy, but it can vary from junkyard to junkyard. It is important to ask about their return and refund policy before you purchase a part.
Some may offer a full refund on parts that are returned within a certain period of time, while others may only offer a partial refund or a store credit. Some may also have restrictions on what parts can be returned, such as electrical parts or parts that have been installed.