💵 Want to sell your car in Pennsylvania?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Grant's Auto Salvage, Inc.
3285 Old Bethlehem Pike, Zionhill, PA 18981
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available junk car removal towing service
This is one of the best junkyards in Zionhill and offers a wide catalog of spares for your auto. Do not hesitate give them a visit and ask their professional employees. Contact them by: email or phone. This business has been rated 1 times by previous visitors.
Helped my friend in need
"Allen bought my friends old car for cash. It helped my friend get cash for an un=needed car. He gave free towing and with the title signed the car was quickly towed away. Everything was..."
22. Tri Town Auto Salvage & Dumpster rental
865 Milton Grove Rd, Mount Joy, PA 17552
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal towing service
This salvage yard wich operates in the city of Mount Joy (Pennsylvania), distributes a very qualified service to its buyers, providing attractive discounts but with the best quality and a vast variety of catalog. Contact them by: phone. In addition, you may read 3 thoughts left by other users.
"My 99 CRV finally bit the dust and didn’t want to bother with Marketplace or Craigslist. They were fast at getting back and to pick up my car. They even offered to pick it up where it sat..."
33. Roberts Auto Salvage
301 Green Top Rd, Sellersville, PA 18960
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsengine rebuilding service used auto, truck & classic car parts used motorcycle parts self service shipping available junk car removal towing service
Inhabitants of the Sellersville neighborhood have the possibility to buy a wide inventory of used parts compatible with their vehicles in this junkyard. You can contact them via: email, phone and tollfree. Additionally, you may read 3 thoughts left by our visitors.
"Great Junk yard to look through, very friendly service, very helpful and overall an amazing place to find parts and things you need. Will definetley be going there again if i need anything."
44. Patterson Auto Wrecking, Inc.
1973 Old Hwy 322, Cochranton, PA 16314
5/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service shipping available
Do you have sleeping in the garage an used car or are you looking for used parts compatible with your vehicle? This site advise you to approach this junkyard in Cochranton, since it provides a wide inventory. Other visitors have shared 5 thoughts about this business.
"Excellent customer service and reasonable prices. I made an online purchase and have not visited the actual location. However, the transaction went smoothly, items were exactly as described..."
55. Jordan Auto Parts, Inc.
217 Moffit Rd, Dilliner, PA 15327
3.9/5 - 9 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts shipping available
In case you're looking for the highest quality junk pieces near the Dilliner zone, this junkyard can be an excellent pick to buy them at a great price. Feel free to contact them using: phone, tollfree and email. The Jordan Auto Parts, Inc. is open Monday to Friday.Other customers have left 9 reviews about this salvage yard.
A fine surprise
"Had problems looking for a used part in the Charlotte area. A friend told me about Jordan and I called. They had the part for a very reasonable price and shipped it. And they tested the part..."
66. Brooks Auto Wreckers & Towing
667 Breakneck Rd, Connellsville, PA 15425
4.2/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts towing service
This salvage yard settled near the municipality of Connellsville (Pennsylvania), delivers a very qualified service to its customers, delivering tremendous bargains but without giving up the expected excellency and an immense depht of inventory. Contact them by: email or phone. This salvage yard has been rated 5 times by previous users.
THE BEST PEOPLE AROUND FOR ANY TYPE OF CAR REPAIRS + USED PARTS!!! PUNKY IS THE BEST!!!
"Brooks Auto Wreckers is a great car repair, junkyard, and towing business. They can fix anything thrown their way... no one else could fix my VW. Punky is great with VW's, and other domestic..."
77. Pic-A-Part Home of Junk Yard Barbie
820 Old 13, Morrisville, PA 19067
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal towing service
The salvage yard listed here is settled close to Morrisville (Pennsylvania) and it's delivering high value auto pieces to its eventual clients near the area. In case you need to demand an estimation for your junk vehicle or request for a specific second-hand piece, please get in touch with them via phone. Other customers have left 3 thoughts about this business.
"I had a cracked tailight on my truck which is a newer model and has backup sensors in it. Because of that, you can't just by new plastic; you have to buy the entire assembly. The dealership..."
88. Nationwide Remarketing II
3111 Wiscasset Dr, Swiftwater, PA 18370
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Inhabitants of the Swiftwater surroundings have the opportunity to check a wide catalog of junk parts suitable for their automobiles in this junkyard. You can reach them via: phone. Additional information: This company timetable information does not appear in our database, despite this you have the possibility to visit its website.This company has been voted 3 times by previous users.
"I want to say I've sold two other vehicles before this one to other company's and Nationwide Remarketing re by far the best when it comes to staying in touch s u get the necessary document. They..."
99. USA Salvage
5995 Adams Ln, Allentown, PA 18109
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Seeking reliable used parts? USA Salvage is a professional junkyard and salvage yard with a clean and organized facility, offering accurate knowledge of materials. With fast payments and friendly service, they provide prompt pick-up services for all your salvage needs. A go-to option for anyone looking for quality salvage yard services.
"This is the first business we called. They were so very helpful with our needs. We had 4 vehicles to get rid of and we were scheduled for pick-up promptly. The driver was so very nice and helpful..."
1010. John Wagner & Sons Foreign
735 Perry Hwy, Harmony, PA 16037
4/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts part installation service shipping available
This junkyard wich operates near the town of Harmony (Pennsylvania), offers an highly qualified service to its buyers, providing attractive bargains but with the best excellency and a substantial depht of catalog. Contact them by: tollfree, email or phone. This business has been voted 3 times by our users.
"I can't speak highly enough of this family business ! My Luxery European Transmission was only 200 and a very fair 200 to ship, Dayton Freight even Lift Gate unloaded it for me without..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Pennsylvania?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Pennsylvania, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Pennsylvania DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Pennsylvania?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Pennsylvania?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Pennsylvania?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Pennsylvania that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Pennsylvania may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.