11. Battaglia Auto Recycling
1730 Riverside St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
4.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts auto buyer
In search of reliable salvage yard services? You're in the right place! With a broad selection of salvage parts, referrals for auto repair and honest prices, this place is a one-stop shop for all your auto needs. The friendly and professional staff are dedicated to providing exceptional service and meeting all your business needs.
"I have used Battaglia Auto for a variety of my auto needs, including salvage, salvage parts, referrals for auto mechanics to do repair, and auto purchasing as well. I recommend them..."more
22. Metalico Pittsburgh
3100 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15225
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
This self-serve junkyard offers a broad selection of used car parts, scrap metal, and more. With quick account sign-up and on-the-spot cash payments, customers can easily unload their scrap and find the parts they need. The knowledgeable and friendly staff ensures a smooth and pleasant experience for everyone.
"I just do minor scrap stuff. Pop cans, and car parts etc. Account sign up took 10 mins. It took me 10 minutes to unload my scrap and I was paid right then and there with cash. Can't beat that."more
33. Contrell Auto Salvage/ Never Rest Towing
7912 Batavia St, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard towing service
This family owned salvage yard offers quick and professional service, with excellent communication and fair pricing. They go the extra mile to ensure a stress-free experience for their customers, providing easy contact and making necessary arrangements for vehicle repair. Operating with integrity and compassion, this business sets a positive example for others in the industry.
"What I love the most about this business is the way they do business ! Extremely professional, fair pricing with pleasant employees that aren’t beneath recommending other companies to..."more
44. PGH Junk Cars
1448 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15209
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard junk car removal towing service
Located in [City], our salvage yard offers top-notch towing and cash for cars services. Our friendly team is dedicated to making the vehicle selling process easy and stress-free for our customers. With expert diagnosis and professional service, we aim to provide a reliable and convenient experience for all your salvage needs.
"I needed my car towed and had no way to move it. So I called Mark 1. Carl was very nice and offered me more than the other guys I called. Eric came to my house, was very respectful and made this..."more
55. Junk My Car Pittsburgh
2609 Spring Garden Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
This auto wrecker offers fast and easy service, providing cash in hand for your vehicle with just a title and ID. Customers praise the knowledgeable and friendly staff, as well as the quick and professional service. With competitive pricing and straightforward transactions, this business is a top choice for anyone looking to sell their vehicle.
"Local business...Fast and easy with cash in hand! All they needed was my title and ID...My car was gone within hours! Men were knowledgeable and friendly. Support local I called several other..."more
66. American Steel Processing
4900 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15225
3.3/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts junk car removal
Get your hands on used parts in good condition at this junkyard. No need to break the bank - this salvage yard offers fair prices for the scrap you bring in. The professional and friendly staff will make sure you leave satisfied with the parts you need.
"Interesting place, the staff were helpful & friendly. Piles of shredded metal, crumpled cars, and railroad car pieces being mailed & moved heavy machinery & magnets. Watching car windows fracture..."more
77. Rusty Hook Auto Salvage in Pittsburgh
3015 Mt Troy Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard towing service
For those looking to get rid of unwanted vehicles and parts, this junkyard offers fair prices and smoothly services. Customers have praised the reasonable deals and free towing offered by the business. The friendly staff provides efficient and courteous assistance, making the experience smooth and convenient for all clients.
"I couldn't be more grateful to them. They got me out of hard situation with a big boat ???? ???? I got stuck with. They gave me a very reasonable deal on taking it off my hands …."more
88. Young's Auto Transit
2510 Spring Garden Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts towing service
This auto wrecker is known for their punctuality, honesty, and fair payment for vehicles. They are skilled at extracting cars from tight spots and are known for their professionalism and friendly service. Customers highly recommend this wrecker for their honest and reliable business practices.
"My car was in a tight spot without any power or brakes. These guy winched it out of my narrow garage with ease. Make sure everyone on the title is present with license if you're selling. A+..."more
99. TMS International
516 Delwar Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
This salvage yard is a go-to spot for those in need of used parts. Despite the organized chaos, the friendly staff ensures a pleasant experience. Safety gear is provided at check-in, and employees are on hand to guide you through the process. Just be cautious near the active railroad tracks when unloading.
"The people here are very nice and organized, despite the place looking like a mess (it's a scrap yard, that's expected). Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. When you pull onto the scale..."more
1010. Leo Iron & Metals
2995 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15225
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
A family-owned scrap metal dealer offering competitive pricing and exceptional customer service. Customers value the friendly and transparent approach, with Mr. Leo personally ensuring a fair deal. Trusted by many for making large jobs easier, this business is known for its reliability and commitment to customer satisfaction.
"Family run business. Competitive pricing. Very friendly and transparent with you. Mr. Leo himself helped us with our load and made sure everything was fair. We will come back again."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Pittsburgh
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Pittsburgh, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Pittsburgh, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Pittsburgh, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Pittsburgh, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Pittsburgh, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Pittsburgh, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Pittsburgh, PA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Pittsburgh, PA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.