11. Keyser Valley Auto Wreckers
2300 Washburn St, Scranton, PA 18504
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts self service towing service
When it comes to self-serve scrap metal needs, this dealer is the place to go. Customers appreciate the helpful and kind service provided by the staff. The business is known for allowing customers to confirm items through pictures and providing quick turnaround at a great price.
"Thank you for great service. My son needed a rim for his car after hitting a traditional Pennsylvania Pothole. I called these guys and they were very nice about it and allowed me to text them..."more
22. Mike's Scrap Recycling
3001 Boulevard Ave, Scranton, PA 18509
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This family-owned recycling center may be smaller in size, but their helpful and friendly service makes a big impression on customers. With reasonable prices and a welcoming atmosphere, this center is not just about dropping off items for recycling, but also about leaving with a smile.
"Very friendly people here. Prices are very reasonable. If you weren't smiling when you arrived, you will be when you leave. Thanks for helping out!!."more
33. Ben Weitsman of Scranton
1500 N Keyser Ave, Scranton, PA 18504
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
Get your hands dirty and save some money by visiting this self-serve junkyard. Learn how to properly separate metal and get top dollar prices for your scrap. The helpful staff will guide you through the process and ensure you make the most of your visit. Don't miss out on this valuable recycling opportunity!
"I've been coming here for 4 years now. The people who work here were very helpful in teaching me how to separate metal properly. I was very ignorant like most people. When they said something..."more
44. Stanton's Auto Recycling
105 Middle St, Scranton, PA 18508
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
Looking to sell your scrap metal? This recycling center offers fair and honest pricing for converters, aluminum wheels, and other recyclable materials. Their knowledgeable staff provides quick assistance and ensures a trustworthy and respectful experience for all customers.
"These people are very honest and fair with their prices. More than fair in my experience ! They are very quick to assist you and they’re also very knowledge! Yes."more
55. Fiegleman's Recycling Center
350 Morgan Hwy, Scranton, PA 18508
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
At this recycling center, you will find a friendly and helpful staff ready to assist you with your recycling needs. While they do not accept plastic materials, they compensate you based on the weight of the items you bring in. Whether you’re looking to responsibly dispose of metal, paper, or glass, this center is here to help.
"They’re all really nice here. They do NOT accept plastic so be aware of that before dropping anything off. Also, they pay you according to the weight of what you dropped off."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Scranton
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Scranton, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Scranton, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Scranton, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Scranton, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Scranton, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Scranton, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Scranton, PA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Scranton, PA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Scranton, PA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..