💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
801 E Gude Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
4/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker offers first-class car removal services, providing professional and efficient assistance. With quick and secure pick-up arrangements, they ensure a easy process. Whether you're looking to sell your car or have it removed, their reliable service guarantees a smooth transaction with instant cash payment.
"I have always scheduled my appointment for car pick up with karville they are wonderful people they explain every step of the process it takes 4-5 minutes to do all the work and just like..."more
22. Era's Auto Salvage
6012 Shiloh Church Hurlock Rd, Hurlock, MD 21643
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service junk car removal
You can avoid wasting hundreds of dollars on the conservation of your beloved car by acquiring second-hand spares with warranty in this popular in Hurlock neighborhood junkyard. Contact them by: tollfree, email or phone. Other customers have shared 3 thoughts about this salvage yard.
"Had a bunch of brake and suspension parts to get rid of. Heard the add on the radio for this place. Sounded good. When I called the phone hold music was the Sanford and Son music from the TV..."more
33. David Auto Recycle
10855 Charles St, La Plata, MD 20646
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Visit our family owned salvage yard for a wide selection of self-serve used auto parts. Our knowledgeable and dedicated team is here to help you find what you need among our dated but accessible vehicles. Come and see why customers from all over are making the trip to our yard for the best deals on quality auto parts.
"Couldn't find a headlight for our 2009 VW GTI at a reasonable price anywhere. Then we found David Auto Recycle. Not only did we get the headlight, but also a cargo cover for our car that we'd..."more
44. Ewing Auto Salvage
11766 Cordova Rd, Cordova, MD 21625
5/5 - 2 reviewssalvage dealer junk car removal towing service
Recognized as one of Cordova's top junkyards, they provide a wide inventory of auto parts. Pay them a visit and consult their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via email, phone and tollfreeIn addition, you may read 2 opinions left by other users.
"They went above and beyond to help me get a salvage car towed. Fast, friendly, and top dollar for my car was paid. I appreciated their time and effort to help me out."more
55. Cash For Cars - Baltimore East
601 W Patapsco Ave B, Baltimore, MD 21225
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker provides professional and punctual service, ensuring a seamless vehicle pick up. With helpful and efficient staff, this business offers maximum payout for your car, even after it's been totaled. Although there were some issues with the check process, the overall experience was positive and satisfactory.
"The man that came out to us was very punctual and professional. They could not come the initial day we discussed but they were able to explain why and it was completely understandable. The..."more
66. Southlawn Auto Recyclers Inc
15101 Southlawn Ln, Rockville, MD 20850
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
Find the used parts you need for your car at this junkyard specializing in salvaged vehicles. With a wide selection of car parts, including rare and hard-to-find items, you can find what you need for your Honda Civic 1996 or any other make and model. Get your vehicle up and running without breaking the bank.
1996 honda civic EX 2D : Rear Driver Side Trailing Arm (Drum) including bolts.
"Looking for Honda Civic 1996 Rear Driver Side Trailing Arm for picture: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283839006090 Thank you."more
77. B & H New & Used Auto Parts
1500 W Pulaski Hwy, Elkton, MD 21921
4.4/5 - 9 reviewsrecycling center used auto & truck parts self service
With an organized and self-serve operation, this salvage yard offers a wide selection of used auto parts at great prices. The courteous and helpful employees ensure that the entire process - from locating needed parts to making an easy transfer or pick up - is simple and straightforward, making it a stress-free experience.
"CRG provided me with a critical part our company box truck, when Velocity and over 5 other salvage yards failed. Much appreciated, Neil was very helpful with great and to the point service..."more
88. Albright's Auto Salvage
40 Creedmore Ln, North East, MD 21901
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Find an extensive selection of used parts at this self-serve salvage yard, which has plenty of cars and is organized for ease of browsing. The friendly staff are happy to show customers how to locate and remove the parts they need. A great place to find what you're looking for and a convenient option for fixing your vehicle without breaking the bank.
"Great service, friendly staff. Showed me how to put it on and off so I can fix it myself (as a woman, the gentleman helping did not try and dumb it down for me like you see at other yards) going..."more
99. D & W Auto Parts
12727 Brandywine Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
The junkyard offers a self-serve option for customers looking for used parts. With a friendly and knowledgeable staff, customers can expect an excellent buying experience. Whether it's tires or other car parts, this place is known for having everything a customer might need at reasonable prices.
"They were a life savor the only place I could find a tire to fit my car an he gave me a really good reasonable price for all four.I highly recommend this junk yard the guys are super friendly..."more
1010. Crazy Ray's
1706 Pulaski Hwy, Edgewood, MD 21040
4/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Offering a convenient self-serve option for those in need of used auto parts. Customers can find what they need at an economical price, making it a practical choice for emergency vehicle repairs. A great place to source reasonably priced car parts when on a budget.
"Pretty much the same even though taken over by LKQ! Only reason for 4 ???? Stars, not having the car I saw online last week! Otherwise, they still have quite a few other vehicles, lot of older..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Maryland
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Maryland?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Maryland, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Maryland DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Maryland DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Maryland?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Maryland?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Maryland?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Maryland that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Maryland may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.