💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Valley Auto Wreckers
610 Hill Ave, Aurora, IL 60505
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts shipping available
For those in need of used parts for their vehicles, this salvage yard is a reliable option. Customers have expressed satisfaction with the fast delivery of the needed part, such as a LF door mirror assembly for a Volvo S60. With positive feedback regarding their wide variety of car parts and quick service, it's clear this salvage yard is a go-to for many car owners.
"I needed a LF door mirror assembly for a Volvo S60. Spoke with Jany and had the mirror in 2 days as promised. Definitely recommend."more
22. SMB Auto Wrecking, Cash for Junk Cars & Trucks
1175 Mitchell Rd, Aurora, IL 60505
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker has built a strong reputation for their efficient and professional service. Customers have praised the owner for fair pricing and helpful assistance in getting their vehicles picked up or towed. With a track record of happy customers, this company comes highly recommended for all your auto wrecking needs.
"Pleasure dealing with owner operator Steve; this gentleman came out and gave my best friend a fair shake on scrapping his car with a failed transmission... ON MEMORIAL DAY NONETHELESS!!!!! I..."more
33. City Auto Wreckers
690 McClure Rd, Aurora, IL 60502
4.2/5 - 6 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Discover a wide selection of used parts at your convenience. This professional junkyard offers great customer service, ensuring that everything is clean and organized for an efficient and pleasant experience. Friendly staff are ready to assist customers and provide the parts needed quickly and easily.
"Simply outstanding. You're done looking, use these guys. Junk militia helped my family through a rough patch. My mother died, we had a house filled with garbage that required demo and..."more
44. Curtis Towing & Cash For Junk Cars
417 S Highland Ave, Aurora, IL 60506
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
This auto wrecker is known for their professional, efficient, and reliable service. They go above and beyond to handle tough jobs with finesse, ensuring a easy experience for their customers. Whether it's a junk car or heavy equipment, they provide fast and fair payment while delivering prompt service to meet their clients' needs.
"Curtis went above and beyond for us. He was extremely professional, courteous and efficient. Our job ended up being much more complicated than normal, but he didn’t even ask for more money!..."more
55. Todo Auto Wrecking
1044 Dearborn Ave, Aurora, IL 60505
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
The junkyard is known for its extensive collection of auto parts, making it a go-to destination for car enthusiasts and mechanics alike. The knowledgeable and friendly staff are always on hand to help customers find the right part for their vehicle. With a wide selection of used and refurbished parts, customers can rely on the business to provide affordable solutions for their automotive needs.
"Good people good parts."more
66. Aurora Auto Parts
1901 Plain Ave, Aurora, IL 60502
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
With a spacious and well-organized yard, this self-serve junkyard offers a wide selection of used parts for your vehicle needs. The friendly staff is ready to assist, making the experience convenient and smoothly. Despite the distance, customers are willing to return for the quality service and diverse inventory.
"This is my first time here. Very nice and clean yard. The guy I spoke with at the counter was nice and helpful. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I found something that I wasn't. It's..."more
77. Aurora Metal Recycling
619 Spruce St, Aurora, IL 60506
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard towing service
Conveniently located, this junkyard offers efficient and professional car removal services. Customers can expect a smoothly experience, with friendly staff members who make the whole process easy. They provide prompt pickup services, ensuring a smooth and convenient transaction for anyone looking to get rid of an old vehicle.
"Amazing! He was super quick & friendly/ professional. Picked up our car when they said they would and made the whole process so easy. Javier was so, so nice. Thank you!."more
88. Chets Auto Parts Salvage
232 Park Ave, Carpentersville, IL 60110junkyard
This junkyard offers a broad selection of used auto parts for various makes and models. Customers can find everything from engines and transmissions to body panels and interior components at economic prices. The yard also buys scrap metal and old vehicles for recycling purposes, providing a convenient disposal option for those looking to get rid of their old cars.
99. Todo Auto Wrecking & Cash For Junk Cars Inc.
1044 Dearborn Ave, Aurora, IL 60505
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker
The auto wrecker specializes in providing friendly and efficient services for removing unwanted vehicles. Customers appreciate the easy experience and quick response times. They ensure that all necessary components are safely removed, making the process convenient for clients who need to dispose of their old cars.
"Son amables y todo tienen quitado me gusta."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Kane County, IL
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Kane County, IL?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Kane County, IL, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Kane County, IL DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Illinois DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Kane County, IL?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Kane County, IL?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Kane County, IL?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Kane County, IL that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Kane County, IL may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.