In terms of insurance for vehicles, it is very common to think that women, as a rule, pay lower insurance premiums. Maybe it's true, even if it does not seem very fair. It is evident that insurance companies have their reasons to charge less money to women and here we are going to explain it to you. Regardless of this, we are going to give you some good advice so that you can save a few dollars more in the insurance of your car or motorcycle.
1. Buying a low risk auto can be a great idea. Keep in mind that insurers consider sports cars as high risk vehicles, especially if you are a novice driver or under 25 years old. This means that you will pay more for your insurance premium. In addition to this, this type of vehicle consumes more fuel and has a higher maintenance cost.
2. A mileage cap can help. It is a simple way to get a significant discount. It is very simple, the cars that circulate less are less likely to be involved in an accident. Many insurance companies offer discounts based on an annual kilometers limit, which we can fix at the time of contracting our insurance. If we are sure that we are not going to circulate, for example, more than 12,000 miles a year, the ideal thing is to communicate it to our insurer to save a few dollars.
3. Better not to make small claims. It is best not to use your vehicle insurance to pay for minor repairs. It has been proven that this type of actions can increase your insurance up to 40% in many cases. Presenting a large number of small claims is not a good idea, because insurance companies take them all into account, raising your insurance premium much more than you imagine.
4. Third party cover is not always cheaper. All drivers must legally (at least) purchase third-party insurance when they buy a vehicle in the United States. This type of policy covers the damage caused to the properties of other people and the costs of injuries in case of occurrence. Now, keep in mind that this basic insurance does not always cost less than the full coverage (property, people and your own vehicle) since the insurance company can understand that you do not care too much about your car, so the probability of having an accident is greater.
5. Don't forget to ask for an introductory discount. Check if your future insurance company offers some kind of discount for new clients. It may even be the case to be eligible even if you do not have a large bonus due to the absence of claims. Be that as it may, let the insurer know that you have an unblemished claim history, this usually helps.
6. Is your vehicle parked? Congratulations! Cars that spend a lot of time on the street are more likely to be stolen, this is logical. Most of the insurance companies in the United States see it as a good thing that you have your own garage and keep your car there at night. Normally they will give you a good discount for this.