Many times in life, we have to face things that we do not want, like selling our car to a junkyard near you because it is beyond repair. There are also other people who sell their car for scrap or parts in good condition, although this option is not the best since there will be other places where they offer us more money. But even so, if due to life circumstances, if we have or want to take our car to the salvage yard, in this article I will provide you with the necessary information to be able to take it.
There are two ways to write off a car in the junkyard. The temporary one, which may be because the car has some small fault, or because it has been stolen from us or that kind of thing, in this modality the car can be on public roads or in traffic. The other is the definitive one, in which the car will no longer be able to circulate and therefore cannot be parked on public roads. We must assess what our situation is.
Then we will have to see the situation in which our car is, since the documentation that we will need will be different for each situation.
If we want to sell a car from an individual
It is assumed that the owner of the vehicle is a natural person. In the case of selling said car to a junkyard, you need the following information:
- The photocopy of the ID, driver's license or valid passport.
- The junk car’s title, which proves legal ownership of a vehicle.
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) can be useful.
- And finally the procedure for the authorization of the withdrawal.
If we want to sell a company's car
The information you need is the following:
- The title of the vehicle
- Photocopy of the ID of the company administrators
- Copy of the company's registration number
- Cancellation request filled out and signed by the company administrator
- If the processing is generated by a person other than the administrator, this person has the obligation to provide the authorization.
If we want to sell a car without documentation
This case occurs when the car information has been stolen or lost. The documentation you need in this case is the following:
- A photocopy of the ID of the owner of the car.
- Model of loss or the copy of the complaint that has been filed.
If we want to sell a car of a deceased person
Normally this process is carried out by close relatives. Documentation that we must provide:
- A copy of the deceased's ID
- Photocopy of the ID of the heirs
- Death certificate of the deceased
- Model that accredits the resignation of the heirs
- The vehicle title
- Photocopy of the will of the heirs
If our situation is not found in this article, call your nearest junk yard or contact our auto experts in order to obtain the information you need. Since in this article we only see the most common cases for which a car is written off for scrapping.