11. King Parts Auto Wreckers II
205 Culver Rd, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
5/5 - 3 reviews opens at 8 AMsalvage yard used auto parts self service towing service
This family-owned salvage yard offers a self-serve experience to find the used auto parts you need. Although they may have limited space, their pricing is competitive and the customer service is highly praised. They are known for their honesty, fair prices, and even threw in free towing for one customer.
"This yard has been great to me, but then I like the you pick it places. Just call in advance to make sure they have one of your vehicles on the lot as they are small. Pricing is very reasonable..."more
22. Cash For Junk Cars & Trucks
265 McFarlane Rd #185, Colonia, NJ 07067
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Looking to get rid of that old car taking up space in your garage? Take a look at this junkyard. Customers praise the easy and quick process of selling their cars, with same-day pick-up service available. Say goodbye to the hassle of negotiating with dealers and hello to a stress-free transaction.
"Wow! I am so impressed with this company. Experience was flawless from start to finish. I'd recommend these over everybody. Forget bringing it to the dealer... You never get the right amount. I..."more
33. Cash For Junk Cars Pros
273 Central Ave, Edison, NJ 08817
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Looking to get rid of an old car that's just taking up space? You're in the right place! This junkyard offers best possible offer for your old vehicles and provides free towing services. With fair prices and easy, smoothly transactions, it's the perfect solution for anyone looking to sell their car quickly and effortlessly.
"I called these guys up to get rid of an old car I had sitting in my driveway, and they were so easy to work with! They gave me a great price for my car and tow it away for free. I got top dollars..."more
44. Brandywine Jersey Inc
270 S Inman Ave, Avenel, NJ 07001
5/5 - 3 reviews opens at 9 AMsalvage yard used auto & truck parts self service
Visit the salvage yard for a convenient self-serve experience. With a wide selection of used parts, this junkyard is the go-to spot for finding what you need. Offering affordable prices and great customer service, it's the perfect place to find quality parts for your vehicle.
"I come with a coworker to pick up some parts. Very pleased with their great costumer service. This is the largest used trucks junk yard I ever seen. They have the best price- quality used parts..."more
55. Cash For Junk Cars New Jersey
300 St Georges Ave STE 2A, Rahway, NJ 07065
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowauto wrecker junk car removal
Get quick and professional car removal services with a team that provides fair pricing and prompt response. Offering easy junk car disposal, this auto wrecker is highly recommended for their excellent customer service and same-day pickup convenience. Don't hesitate to reach out for easy assistance with car disposal needs.
"This company is amazing. I had a company before this one make reservations with us and never showed. I called this company last minute. The gentleman that took my call was amazing he..."more
403 Crows Mill Rd, Fords, NJ 08863
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard
Looking to get rid of your old car or find economic car parts? This junkyard offers a wide selection of used auto parts and will take your old vehicle off your hands. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, providing excellent customer service from start to finish.
"Great experience from start to finish! Andrew was very professional and I would definitely recommend him if you are planning to sell your old car ???? …."more
77. Plainfield Tow Only Junk Cars Service
101 E Front St, Plainfield, NJ 07060
5/5 - 1 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts
Their junkyard service prides itself on quick response times and knowledgeable staff. Customers can rely on their efficient arrival and patient staff to handle any scrap metal or car recycling needs. With a dedication to quality service, this business is a reliable choice for all business services.
"Fastest arrival! Great guys! Driver was very patient and knowledgeable! I will recommend using them from now on."more
88. Fortune Metal Recycling
900 Leesville Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts
Conveniently located in Riverside, this junkyard is the first stop for selling your scrap metals hassle-free. The friendly and courteous staff makes the whole process quick and easy, ensuring you get maximum value for your items. With a reputation for excellent service, customers have been choosing this business since 2003.
"Every time I go to Riverside Fortune I have a great experience and I've been going here since 2003! They pay you well for your precious metals regardless of what season it is. The friendly..."more
99. Beacon Scrap Iron and Metal Company
6075 Main St, South Amboy, NJ 08879
5/5 - 3 reviews opens at 8 AMscrap metal dealer used auto parts
Looking to get rid of scrap metal piling up in your yard? Look no further than this junkyard! Open 7 days a week, the hardworking staff cuts good deals on metal scraps. With a decent amount of space and upcoming expansion plans, it's the perfect place to unload all your unwanted metals.
"The most hardworking scrapyard in the county no the state just like Mike. It is always a pleasure to come to this place and see the boss he cut good deals and negotiates to the highest..."more
1010. Junk Yard Near Me Scrap My Car Yard
477 Plainfield Rd, Edison, NJ 08820
3/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard
Find the best deals on used auto parts and scrap metal at this junkyard. With competitive prices, a wide selection of inventory, and helpful staff, this business is the go-to destination for all your car repair and metal recycling needs. They pride themselves on providing cost-effective solutions for their customers' automotive needs.
"Greatest prices in the area."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Somerset
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Somerset, NJ?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Somerset, NJ, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Somerset, NJ DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Jersey DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Somerset, NJ?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Somerset, NJ that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Somerset, NJ may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.