💵 Want to sell your car in Halifax, NS?
11. Blenkhorns Auto Recyclers
RR#2, 332 Brookside Branch Road, Truro, NS B6L 2A8
54.3 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
Interested users have the opportunity to visit this junkyard in the proximity of the city of Truro (Nova Scotia). Its major business area is the sale of auto spares with the most reasonable prices in the surroundings but without giving up all the guarantees that you may require. If you need to reach them, you can achieve this by these means: phone, tollfree and email. This business has been rated 3 times by our visitors.
Excellent parts source
"This company sets the bar for other auto salvage businesses. They have great customer service. Every part I've received was like new in quality. They provide fast shipping."
22. R & R Kinsmans Auto Salvage
172 Ross Rd, Westphal, NS B2Z 1B4
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard
The salvage yard you are looking here is settled close to Westphal (Nova Scotia) and it's delivering top performance vehicle spares to its potential purchasers close to the environs. In case you are aimed to inquire an estimation for your used auto or ask for a precise junk piece, please contact them via phone. Other visitors have left 3 thoughts about this business.
"They had what I needed in good condition. Tyler was great! Very knowledgeable and helpful. He went above and beyond what was expected of him. I’m very pleased with the service here."
33. McNutts's Scrap Metal Ltd
884 Young St, Truro, NS B2N 3Y6
49.6 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
If you are looking for the best second hand parts near the Truro surroundings, this salvage yard could be a good pick to buy them at a low price. You have the opportunity to contact them via: phone. This salvage yard operational hours information cannot be found, however, you have the option to check its website.Other users have left 3 reviews about this salvage yard.
"Have been taking loads of scrap there for a couple of years now, the prices are fair, the staff are friendly and the yard is well organized, I look forward to doing business here again in the future."
44. Blenkhorn's Auto Recyclers Ltd
332 Brookside Branch Rd, Brookside, NS B6L 2A8
54.4 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts shipping available
They offer a very capable assistance at the best prices, with a generous diversity of inventory but without giving up the warranties requested by its customers. You have the opportunity to find this business near the town of Brookside (Nova Scotia). Additional info: This business operational hours info is not available but you have the option to check its web.Other users have shared 3 thoughts about this company.
"My brother and I have always dealt with Blenkhorn's and we have always had excellent service from them. The customer service is 5 star, the quality of the parts are 5 star, the prices are 5..."
55. Poehl’s Auto Recyclers
1335 Highway 359 North, Kentville, NS B0P 1J0
Are you the owner of an aged auto or are you looking for cheap spare-parts compatible with your car? This directory suggest a visit to this junkyard in Kentville, since it delivers a wide inventory. This junkyard opening hours info is not available yet.
66. Greg Banks Auto Salvage
841 Vault Road, RR # 2, Kingston, NS B0P 1R0
74.5 miles 4/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard
This junkyard wants to deliver a very qualified assistance at great prices, gathering an extensive diversity of supply but without giving up the guarantees demanded by its clients. Users have the possibility to meet this company near the municipality of Kingston (Nova Scotia). They work from Monday to Saturday.Other customers have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
Driver ' side headlight assembly for 2009 impala
"I am looking for a headlight assembly for the driver' side of a 2009 impala."
77. Larry Strong Inc
4211 NS-2, Parrsboro, NS B0M 1S0
65.2 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer
Interested users have the possibility to find this junkyard in the surroundings of the municipality of Parrsboro (Nova Scotia). Its primary business model is the distribution of vehicle spares with the lowest prices in the surroundings and with all the guarantees that you could request. In case you need to reach them, you can achieve it this way: phone. This business has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"Good place to sell or buy scrap very fair."
88. T&W Auto Centre Ltd.
2713 Westville Rd, Westville Road, NS B2H 5C6
77.8 miles 5/5 - 4 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts
This junkyard wants to offer a very competent assistance at incredible prices, with an immense diversity of supply but without giving up the warranties requested by its customers. Users have the possibility to reach this junkyard near the municipality of Westville Road (Nova Scotia). This salvage yard has been rated 4 times by our users.
"Great service, very informative and friendly. Tommy is a great guy as well as everyone there. Love the dog ( forget his name). Dealt with t&w many times never dissapointed."
99. Brown’s Auto Salvage
13 Brown Street, Kingston, NS B0P 1R0
If you're looking for the best second hand spare parts in the Kingston surroundings, this salvage yard can be an incredible election to buy them at a great price. Feel free to get in touch with them via: email and phone. This salvage yard opening schedule info is not available yet.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Halifax, NS?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Halifax, NS?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Halifax, NS that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Halifax, NS may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.