💵 Want to sell your car in Plaquemines Parish, LA?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. KING AUTO SALVAGE
1702 Engineers Rd, Belle Chasse, LA 70037
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Habitants of the Belle Chasse vicinity have the possibility to check a gargantuan inventory of used parts compatible with their automobiles in this junkyard. It is possible to get in touch with them using: phone. Additionally, you may read 3 opinions left by our visitors.
"Great people, great prices, they go out of the way to help and good parts. They went as far as instead of us having to walk to the back of the yard they brought the car up to the front for me to..."
22. Belle Chasse Scrap Metal
1914 Engineers Rd, Belle Chasse, LA 70037
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
This junkyard wants to deliver a very specialized and qualified assistance at great prices, with an immense variety of inventory but without giving up the guarantees expected by its buyers. You can locate this business near the municipality of Belle Chasse (Louisiana). This business has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"They are always cheerful, co-operative, and fair. I've never had any complaints or complications with these people. They do solid business. I've also seen them help people along more than they have to."
33. United auto parts
2402 Engineers Rd, Belle Chasse, LA 70037
4.5/5 - 2 reviewssalvage yard
The salvage yard you are looking here is settled in Belle Chasse (Louisiana) and it's distributing the highest value vehicle pieces to its possible visitors close to the neighborhood. If you want to inquire an estimation for your old car or ask for a specific second-hand spare-part, feel free to get in touch with them using phone. Other customers have left 2 opinions about this company.
"Buen lugar para buscar piezas de carros buena atención."
44. Adam's Auto Wrecker Co
10101 Old Gentilly Rd, New Orleans, LA 70127
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts part installation service
This salvage yard offers a broad range of used parts for vehicles, making it a reliable go-to for car repairs. Despite being a smaller business, the attentive and professional staff is dedicated to helping customers find the parts they need. With a commitment to quality service, this business stands out among others in the area.
"The have most of the parts I looks for when ever I attend this yard. True at times they may not have what you want but nine times out of ten the will. They even offered to fix a part on my car..."
55. City Auto Wreckers, Inc.
10123 Old Gentilly Rd, New Orleans, LA 70127
5/5 - 3 reviews opens at 7 AMsalvage yard used auto parts self service
In search of economical used auto parts? You're in luck! This salvage yard offers a self-serve option, allowing you to browse and pull the parts you need at your own pace. With a diverse inventory, you’ll likely find what you’re looking for, all at budget-friendly prices.
"Nice guys, good prices. Must have a decent inventory, because the part I came for wasn't quite right, and they ended up having the right one anyway, plus a fuel cap I needed. It will be my..."
66. Dino's Corvette Salvage, LLC
3545 Hwy 43 N, Picayune, MS 39466
53 miles 5/5 - 10 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
Do you have sleeping in the garage an aged vehicle or are you aimed to find second-hand spare parts compatible with your vehicle? We advise you a visit to this junkyard in Picayune, since it gathers a huge supply. They work from Monday to Friday.In addition, you may read 10 thoughts left by other users.
"Highly recommend that anyone living in the Metropolitan New Orleans area in need of Corvette parts to check with Dino's Corvette Salvage. Dino is up front, honest and extremely..."
77. Raisinman Towing & Salvage, LLC
5441 Paris Rd, Chalmette, LA 70043
4.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts towing service
The salvage yard we show here is situated close to Chalmette (Louisiana) and it's distributing the highest value vehicle pieces to its eventual purchasers close to the environs. In case you want to request an estimation for your junk automobile or ask for a precise junk piece, feel free to get in touch with them using phone. Additionally, you may read 3 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"Raisinman for parts is my first choice because he only charges what the part is worth considering condition of parts and if he doesn't have my part he'll give me a good lead. Raisinman will also..."
88. EMR Southern Recycling - New Orleans
4801 Florida Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center shipping available towing service
This recycling center works tirelessly to process and ship out recyclable materials, reducing the strain on landfills and conserving natural resources. The friendly staff and professional service make the experience pleasant for customers, with special kudos to Jay for his exceptional attitude and professionalism.
"Very professional atmosphere and great customer service. One employee is my favorite and that's Jay. He always has a great attitude and he's very patient and kind and very proffetional. We give him..."
99. Almonaster Salvage Yard, Inc.
7979 Almonaster Ave, New Orleans, LA 70126
3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Looking for used parts for your vehicle? Consider this salvage yard! Their dedicated team will go the extra mile to help you find the parts you need. Just give them a call with your requirements, and they'll guide you to the right items or even accompany you to them.
"These guys went above and beyond to help me find everything I needed for my vehicle. Michael was amazing! Call beforehand and let them know what you need and they will tell you where it is or..."
1010. Scrap Connection
1954 LA-182, Houma, LA 70364
43.6 miles 4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service junk car removal
Purchasers can reach this junkyard close to the proximity of the municipality of Houma (Louisiana). Its major business model is the marketing of auto parts with the lowest prices in the state but without giving up all the guarantees that you may request. In case you need to contact them, you can achieve it this way: phone. Other customers have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"Go in the gate, hang a right, hit the scale, get offloaded, hit the scale again, go out the gate, go through the little door in the wall, and get paid. Very simple. The guys in the yard are..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Plaquemines Parish, LA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Plaquemines Parish, LA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Plaquemines Parish, LA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Louisiana DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Plaquemines Parish, LA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What are the advantages of buying junkyard parts?
There are several advantages, including:
- Cost: They are typically much cheaper than new parts. This can save you a lot of money on car repairs.
- Availability: Junkyards have a wide variety of parts available, including parts for older and less common vehicles. This can be helpful if you are looking for a part that is difficult to find elsewhere.
- Environmental benefits: Buying junkyard parts helps to reduce waste and conserve resources. When you buy a junkyard part, you are essentially recycling a part that would otherwise be scrapped.
- Quality: They can be just as good as new parts, especially if they are inspected carefully before purchase. Many junkyards also offer a warranty on their parts, so you can be sure that you are getting a quality product.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
What should I do if I get injured at a junkyard?
If you get injured at a junkyard, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if necessary. Once you are safe, you should also take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the junkyard owner or manager. This will help them to investigate the accident and take steps to prevent future accidents.
- Document the accident. This includes taking photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company may be able to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options.
How can I report an illegal junkyard?
To report an illegal junkyard, you can contact the following authorities:
- Local law enforcement: Illegal junkyards may violate local zoning ordinances or environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- State environmental agency: Illegal junkyards may also violate state environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your state’s environmental agency.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA is responsible for enforcing federal environmental laws. You can report an illegal junkyard to the EPA’s hotline at 1-800-424-9346.
When you report an illegal junkyard, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the junkyard
- The types of vehicles and parts that are stored at the junkyard
- Any observed violations of local, state, or federal laws
- Any other relevant information
You may also want to take photos or videos of the junkyard to support your report.
The authorities will investigate your report and take appropriate action. This may include issuing a warning to the junkyard owner, requiring the junkyard to clean up the site, or even shutting down the junkyard.
It is important to report illegal junkyards because they can pose a number of risks to the environment and public health. Illegal junkyards may store hazardous materials, such as gasoline and oil, which can leak into the ground and contaminate groundwater. Illegal junkyards may also attract pests and rodents, which can spread disease.