💵 Want to sell your car in Pinellas County, FL?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Clearwater Auto Recycling
1333 Starkey Rd, Largo, FL 33771
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service shipping available
Need self-serve used parts for your vehicle? Clearwater Recycling has got you covered. With a reputation for honesty and integrity, this salvage yard offers prompt and knowledgeable service. Whether you're searching for rare parts or need a quick fix, Clearwater Recycling is the go-to destination for all your auto part needs.
"As a driver of an older car, I had to search EBay Parts for a speedometer that is no longer manufactured. I completed the purchase at Clearwater Recycling. After they pulled the part they..."
22. Verns D&D Auto & Salvage
784 Anclote Rd, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
3.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
It's easy to economize large amounts of money on the repairs of your well-liked vehicle by obtaining second-hand spare-parts without giving up the expected warranties in this popular in Tarpon Springs vicinity salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. Other visitors have left 3 reviews about this business.
"When I first called for the automobile that was looking they were very helpful and when I got there automobile was exactly what they said. Everyone was very helpful nice environment good place if..."
33. Pick Your Part - Clearwater
12501 40th St N, Clearwater, FL 33762
2/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts self service
This self-serve salvage yard offers a large inventory of used auto parts for sale, making it easy for customers to find what they need. With a focus on affordability and convenience, the yard allows customers to search for and remove their own parts, resulting in cost savings and a unique shopping experience.
"Great place for late model parts at good prices. All their inventory of cars with pictures is on the web, so you can see the condition of the car. You can setup alerts for year, make and model..."
44. Pick Your Part - Largo
11900 Starkey Rd, Largo, FL 33773
2.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts self service
Looking for cheap used car parts? Take a look at this self-serve salvage yard. With new cars coming in regularly, customers can always find the parts they need at fair prices. The friendly staff make the experience even better. Come check it out and see what you can find!
"I’ve been here a few times and always found some great parts. Prices are very fair and the staff are always friendly. I’d recommend checking it out. Always new cars coming in and I enjoy..."
55. Doc & Bill's Auto Salvage
1718 N Betty Ln, Clearwater, FL 33755
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage dealer used auto parts
Specializing in salvaged items, this dealer has been providing great service for over 25 years. Known for their down-to-earth approach and 24/7 availability, customers appreciate the easy communication with the owner. Whether you're looking for unique items or need to offload salvage materials, this dealer is a reliable choice.
"I have purchased many items in the past and 2 day as well down 2 earth people 24/7 over 25 years great service."
66. ABC Auto Salvage & Recycling
2221 5th Ave S, Saint Petersburg, FL 33712junkyard
This junkyard offers a broad range of salvaged car parts for all makes and models. They have a large inventory of used engines, transmissions, and other auto parts at cheap prices. Customers can also sell their old, unwanted cars for cash. The friendly staff are knowledgeable and provide excellent customer service.
77. The Junk Car Express
9569 67th St Ste A, Pinellas Park, FL 33782
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Neighbors of the Pinellas Park neighborhood have the possibility to check a gargantuan stock of used spare parts for their autos in this junkyard. You can reach them via: phone. Additional info: The The Junk Car Express business hours info is not available, however, you can visit their website.Other visitors have left 3 reviews about this salvage yard.
"I found Mike on Google and saw all the great reviews so I called him to see about picking up my old car since I got a new one. After answering a few questions he said he'd call me right back with..."
88. WE BUY JUNK CARS CLEARWATER
500 Belcher Rd #184, Largo, FL 33771
3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal
This junkyard is known for its efficient and fair service. With quick responses and reasonable prices, it makes the process of disposing of unwanted vehicles smooth and simple for customers. Their professional and easy-to-work-with team ensures a smoothly experience when getting rid of old cars or scrap metal.
"John was very easy to work with. Very quick response and fair price. Would recommend. Thanks for making the process smooth and simple."
99. A&J JUNK CAR BUYER
1609 N Hercules Ave, Clearwater, FL 33765
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Are you looking to get rid of your old vehicle and make some cash in the process? Look no further than this junkyard. With a reputation for reliability and transparent transactions, they offer fair prices and speedy service. Their team will even come pick up your vehicle if it's not running.
"Highly recommended. Jeff and Manny were a pleasure to deal with. The truck was not running so they had to come get it with their trailer. Within an hour from when I went to talk to them I had cash..."
1010. Cash for All Junk Cars & Trucks Inc
13004 Faxton St, Clearwater, FL 33760
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowauto wrecker junk car removal
Get quick and reliable cash for your old, unwanted vehicle with prompt pickup service. With great customer service and a fast response time, this auto wrecker offers top value for junk cars and trucks. You can trust Andy to provide a hassle-free experience and fair pricing.
"I was a little skeptical about using this service because there is no website but I’m glad I decided to call!! I called around 4:00 and Andy showed up no less than an hour later with money..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Pinellas County, FL?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Pinellas County, FL, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Pinellas County, FL DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Florida DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Pinellas County, FL?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Pinellas County, FL?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Pinellas County, FL?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Pinellas County, FL that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Pinellas County, FL may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.