💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Nationwide Remarketing II
3111 Wiscasset Dr, Swiftwater, PA 18370
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Inhabitants of the Swiftwater surroundings have the opportunity to check a wide catalog of junk parts suitable for their automobiles in this junkyard. You can reach them via: phone. Additional information: This company timetable information does not appear in our database, despite this you have the possibility to visit its website.This company has been voted 3 times by previous users.
"I want to say I've sold two other vehicles before this one to other company's and Nationwide Remarketing re by far the best when it comes to staying in touch s u get the necessary document. They..."more
22. USA Salvage
5995 Adams Ln, Allentown, PA 18109
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Seeking reliable used parts? USA Salvage is a professional junkyard and salvage yard with a clean and organized facility, offering accurate knowledge of materials. With fast payments and friendly service, they provide prompt pick-up services for all your salvage needs. A go-to option for anyone looking for quality salvage yard services.
"This is the first business we called. They were so very helpful with our needs. We had 4 vehicles to get rid of and we were scheduled for pick-up promptly. The driver was so very nice and helpful..."more
33. Cascioli Towing & Pocono Junk Car
107 Countryside Dr, Brodheadsville, PA 18322
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
The junkyard we display here is settled close to Brodheadsville (Pennsylvania) and it's offering top condition vehicle spares to its possible clients near the neighborhood. If you are aimed to request a quote for your junk automobile or plead for a precise second-hand piece, feel free to contact them via phone. Additionally, you may read 3 thoughts left by other users.
"What excellent service. Came out to check out our car same day. Made the whole process so easy and stress free. Thank you to your team for helping us out. Gentleman who picked up car was..."more
44. HEAVY METAL AUTO SALVAGE
7 Nightingale Rd, Blairstown, NJ 07825
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage dealer junk car removal
Need a reliable salvage dealer to get rid of your old car? Look no further! With fair pricing, prompt and efficient service, and a friendly approach, this place is a key location for anyone looking to dispose of their vehicle smoothly. Plus, they offer insightful advice for those considering repairing their cars.
"Very professional, paid fair price, met me on time and was so nice. I would DEFINITELY recommend this service! They also gave additional information when I first called in case we wanted to try..."more
55. JFR Salvage Inc
6500 Sullivan Trail, Wind Gap, PA 18091
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard junk car removal towing service
Residents of the Wind Gap vicinity have the possibility to access a gargantuan inventory of used spare parts that can fit with their cars in this salvage yard. It is possible to get in touch with them using: phone. Additional information: This company schedule info cannot be found but you have the possibility to visit its website.In addition, you can check 3 thoughts in order to know more about this business.
"Had a great experience with JFR. My car was totaled and I had to leave the area before they could come get it. They helped me arrange to leave the keys and title at the auto shop my car was at..."more
66. Rag & Bone Recycling - Scrap Metal & Salvage
1401 Lynn St, Easton, PA 18042
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
In search of a self-serve recycling center with a variety of used parts? You're in luck! Our business welcomes everyone, whether you're a first-timer with just one item or a regular scrapper with a truckload. With our re-use policy, everything in the yard is up for sale, so you can easily find what you need. Come visit us today and experience our friendly and professional service.
"Perfect for first-timers. Homeowners with one item in the trunk or full-time scrapper with a truckload, all are welcome. Pull onto the scale and press the button and wait. It is a small operation..."more
77. Brass Castle Imports
577 Brass Castle Rd, Oxford, NJ 07863
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Neighbors of the Oxford surroundings can obtain a huge supply of used spares that can fit with their automobiles in this junkyard. You can contact them via: tollfree, email and phone. This salvage yard has been rated 3 times by previous users.
"Amazing people, really know what their talking about. Most of all they are really willing to work with you to make sure u get everything you need. I was coming from 4 hours away to get a..."more
88. Allamuchy Auto Recycling
77 Gibbs Rd, Andover, NJ 7821
5/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
If you're in need of used parts in good condition for your vehicle, look no further than this junkyard. Customers have praised their polite and helpful service, as well as the quick and fuss-free order process. Whether you need wheels, tires, center caps, or other parts, this business is dedicated to providing excellent condition items at reasonable prices.
"I needed 4 used wheels,tires and center caps for my van, i made a quick call, stopped by and 15 minutes later had 2 wheels, 4 tires and 4 center caps all in excellent condition for a very..."more
99. S R Recycling
400 Daniels Rd, Nazareth, PA 18064
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
This junkyard, under new ownership, offers competitive prices for scrap metal and auto parts. Open from 8:30 am to 5 or 6 pm, the yard provides good service and a convenient location for all your scrap metal needs. With a focus on competitive pricing and customer satisfaction, it's a reliable place to do business with.
"Under new ownership now. The new owner is very competitive with prices and he's open from 830 to 5 or 6."more
1010. Washington Auto Salvage
57 State St, Washington, NJ 7882
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
Are you in need of second-hand car parts in very good shape? Take a look at this junkyard, where you can find a vast selection of cost-effective and reliable second-hand auto parts. Whether it's a battery for a specific make and model or any other car part, this business has got you covered with a variety of options to choose from.
"Do you sell used battery for jeep cherokee 2002? What $$$ frank."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Northampton County, PA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Northampton County, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Northampton County, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Northampton County, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Northampton County, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Northampton County, PA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Northampton County, PA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Northampton County, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Northampton County, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.