💵 Want to sell your car in Carteret, NJ?
11. All American Auto Salvage
192 Leesville Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065
5/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto & truck parts self service
Recognized as one of Rahway's top junkyards, they deliver a diverse inventory of vehicle parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via email or phoneAdditionally, you may read 5 thoughts in order to know more about this business.
"I am not in the salvage business, but my four-year old son loves junkyards and trucks. We drove around the area and parked at All-American. After first being told it wasn't safe to walk..."
22. Bloomfield Auto Wreckers
186 Grove St, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
3/5 - 4 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Users have the possibility to talk with the friendly manager of this salvage yard using these means: phone or email. In order to buy the best quality vehicle spares in the town of Bloomfield (New Jersey), they are an ineluctable choice. Additional information: They are open Monday to Saturday.In addition, you can read 4 thoughts in order to know more about this business.
"Some top notch guys here, I came in looking for a specific computer for my car, and within a day they had it for me to pick up. Excellent pricing, just finished programming and testing the..."
33. Ace Auto Salvage
34 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
5/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
The salvage yard we display here is settled close to Kearny (New Jersey) and it's providing incredible quality auto pieces to its potential clients close to the area. If you are aimed to demand a valuation for your junk vehicle or plead for a precise junk spare, feel free to get in touch with them via phone. Additionally, you may check 2 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"A nice family owned junkyard. The owner even takes the time out of her day to provide different phone numbers for buying parts, since ACE does not sell parts. I was blown away when she continued..."
44. TNT Auto Parts
19 Division St, Keyport, NJ 07735
3.5/5 - 2 reviewsauto body parts supplier used auto parts shipping available
Habitants of the Keyport neighborhood can obtain a large supply of used parts that will fit with their vehicles in this salvage yard. It is possible to contact them using: phone. This salvage yard opening hours info is not available yet.This business has been voted 2 times by previous visitors.
"Great place for used parts! I called ahead to confirm that the part I wanted was in stock and went there a few hours later. They are reasonably priced and I had no issue with the part I..."
55. Rays Auto Wreckers
448 Grand Street, Jersey City 07302
5/5 - 5 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
In case you're in the task of looking for the cheapest second-hand spare parts near the Jersey City area, this junkyard is an excellent choice to get them at a great price. You have the opportunity to get in touch with them via: phone and email. They work from Monday to Sunday.Other visitors have shared 5 opinions about this business.
Awesome People! Great selections!
"A hard to find nowadays gem!! My son was able to walk up to various cars and ask questions, the owners were awesome and answered them all. All of the prices were reasonable. I will be returning..."
66. Lige Auto Salvage & Repair
189 Elliot St, Avenel, NJ 07001
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard
It's easy to avoid wasting large amounts of money on the repairs of your dear automobile by buying second hand spares without giving up the necessary warranties in this leading in Avenel area junkyard. Contact them by: phone. This company has been rated 3 times by previous users.
"Overall amazing people there like family 100% recommended this place."
77. Aberdeen Auto Salvage
102 Texas Rd, Morganville 7751
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
The salvage yard we display here is wich operates close to Morganville (New Jersey) and it's delivering the greatest performance auto pieces to its possible visitors in the environs. In case you need to inquire an estimation for your used car or ask for a particular used spare, please contact them using phone and email. This company has been voted 1 times by previous users.
Need door gmc safari 2005
"Need left front door,electric, white color, gmc safari 2005. please price and pictures."
88. Union Auto Wreckers
2345 US-22, Union, NJ 07083
3.2/5 - 5 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts self service
Are you the owner of a decrepit auto or are you trying hard to locate second hand spare parts compatible with your car? We recommend a visit to this junkyard in Union, since it delivers a wide catalog. More info: They work from Monday to Friday.Other customers have left 5 thoughts about this company.
"I needed a part that day. Chris and the team located the exact part I needed and called me back within the hour to pick it up. The part was clean and priced extremely fairly. Best salvage yard I..."
99. Fortune Metal Recycling
900 Leesville Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
This is one of the best junkyards in Rahway and offers a wide range of spares for your auto. Do not hesitate to visit them and consult their professional employees. Contact them by: phone. Other visitors have left 1 reviews about this company.
"In and out in 20 minutes with upwards up 500 lbs of different items in the small scales and I leave cash in hand what more do you want."
1010. Brandywine Jersey Inc
270 S Inman Ave, Avenel, NJ 07001
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard
Inhabitants of the Avenel area can buy an extensive supply of junk parts that will fit with their cars in this junkyard. You can contact them via: phone. Other users have shared 3 reviews about this company.
"Very helpful and conveniently located. The entrance is on Route 166 across the street from the ice cream shop (Maps will navigate you around the block on Flint Street)."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Carteret, NJ?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Carteret, NJ, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Carteret, NJ DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Jersey DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Carteret, NJ?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What are the advantages of buying junkyard parts?
There are several advantages, including:
- Cost: They are typically much cheaper than new parts. This can save you a lot of money on car repairs.
- Availability: Junkyards have a wide variety of parts available, including parts for older and less common vehicles. This can be helpful if you are looking for a part that is difficult to find elsewhere.
- Environmental benefits: Buying junkyard parts helps to reduce waste and conserve resources. When you buy a junkyard part, you are essentially recycling a part that would otherwise be scrapped.
- Quality: They can be just as good as new parts, especially if they are inspected carefully before purchase. Many junkyards also offer a warranty on their parts, so you can be sure that you are getting a quality product.
What types of parts can be found?
They usually have a wide variety of used and damaged vehicle parts available for sale, including engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, radiators, fenders, doors, hoods, and trunks. Junkyards may also have used tires, batteries, and other vehicle accessories available for sale.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
What should I do if I get injured at a junkyard?
If you get injured at a junkyard, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if necessary. Once you are safe, you should also take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the junkyard owner or manager. This will help them to investigate the accident and take steps to prevent future accidents.
- Document the accident. This includes taking photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company may be able to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options.
How can I report an illegal junkyard?
To report an illegal junkyard, you can contact the following authorities:
- Local law enforcement: Illegal junkyards may violate local zoning ordinances or environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- State environmental agency: Illegal junkyards may also violate state environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your state’s environmental agency.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA is responsible for enforcing federal environmental laws. You can report an illegal junkyard to the EPA’s hotline at 1-800-424-9346.
When you report an illegal junkyard, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the junkyard
- The types of vehicles and parts that are stored at the junkyard
- Any observed violations of local, state, or federal laws
- Any other relevant information
You may also want to take photos or videos of the junkyard to support your report.
The authorities will investigate your report and take appropriate action. This may include issuing a warning to the junkyard owner, requiring the junkyard to clean up the site, or even shutting down the junkyard.
It is important to report illegal junkyards because they can pose a number of risks to the environment and public health. Illegal junkyards may store hazardous materials, such as gasoline and oil, which can leak into the ground and contaminate groundwater. Illegal junkyards may also attract pests and rodents, which can spread disease.
Are there any risks associated with visiting a junkyard?
There are a number of risks associated with visiting a junkyard, including:
- Cuts and scrapes from sharp metal edges
- Injuries from falling objects
- Exposure to hazardous materials, such as gasoline, oil, and battery acid
- Dog bites
- Vehicle accidents
What clothing and footwear should be worn when visiting a junkyard?
It is important to wear comfortable clothing and footwear when visiting a junkyard. You should also wear clothing that will protect you from dirt, grease, and sharp metal edges. It is a good idea to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.