💵 Want to sell your car in Buncombe County, NC?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Biltmore Iron & Metal Co Inc
1 Meadow Rd, Asheville, NC 28803
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
This junkyard located in the town of Asheville (North Carolina), distributes a very specialized and qualified service to its clients, with surprising offers but without giving up the highest quality and a huge variety of catalog. Contact them by: phone. This company has been voted 3 times by previous users.
"Great place to pick up extra cash while doing your part to maintain an eco friendly lifestyle. They take all precious metals as well ferrous metals. Dont be discouraged by a small amount..."
22. Asheville Metal Recycling
144 Caribou Rd, Asheville, NC 28803
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This junkyard wants to offer a very specialized and proficient assistance at great prices, gathering a huge diversity of supply and with the warranties requested by its buyers. Users can meet this junkyard near the municipality of Asheville (North Carolina). This company has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"Great guys (and lady )- My son is a copper artist and he has a scrap bucket- my neighbors said this was the place to take it- 40 min drive from where we live- first time selling scrap- Austin..."
33. Tri State Scrap Metal Inc
79 Pond Rd, Asheville, NC 28806
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer towing service
In case you are in the search for the finest second-hand pieces near the Asheville zone, this salvage yard can be a perfect pick to obtain them at a low price. You have the possibility to get in touch with them using: phone. In addition, you may check 3 thoughts in order to know more about this business.
"I would like to state that the owners and workers are all very kind and helpful. My car broke down in front of their business, and they were wonderful with helping me get a tow! Thank you again!."
44. Ingle Wrecker Services & Used Parts
94 Old Leicester Rd, Asheville, NC 28804
4/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker towing service
Neighbors of the Asheville vicinity have the opportunity to check an extensive stock of junk parts that will fit with their vehicles in this junkyard. It is possible to get in touch with them via: phone. Additionally, you may check 3 thoughts left by other users.
"Made it simple and easy mr ingle himself picked my car up after I was hit and was quick too get there very nice and professional I'd definitely use again if I ever need a tow!."
55. West Jim & Sons Auto Recycling
850 Leicester Hwy, Asheville, NC 28801
The salvage yard listed here is situated near Asheville (North Carolina) and it's providing high condition auto pieces to its possible buyers close to the proximity. In case you are aimed to request an estimation for your used automobile or ask for a specific used spare-part, you can contact them via phone.
66. Blue Ridge Metal Recycling
9 Mulvaney St, Asheville, NC 28803
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
This salvage yard placed near the city of Asheville (North Carolina), provides a very qualified service to its purchasers, offering great discounts but without giving up the expected quality and an extensive depht of supply. Contact them by: phone. This business has been rated 3 times by previous users.
"Charlie and Brian are the BEST. I've been going to Blue Ridge Metal Recycling for 13 years. They're by far the most honest recycling company out there. Ed always has a Smile on his Face."
77. Mountain Metals Recycling
79 Pond Rd, Asheville, NC 28806
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
Neighbors of the Asheville vicinity have the possibility to purchase a huge inventory of junk parts for their autos in this junkyard. You can reach them via: phone. Additionally, you may read 3 opinions left by other users.
"Best metal yard in town. Run by wonderful people/workers. Have been going there for almost a decade and have never had a bad experience. And they don't allow scavenging. 5 stars!."
88. Tommy's We Buy Junk Cars
416 Dix Creek Rd Number 1, Leicester, NC 28748
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service towing service
Customers have the opportunity to visit this junkyard near the environs of the city of Leicester (North Carolina). Its fundamental business area is the sale of auto spares with the lowest prices in the state and with all the guarantees that you could request. If you are aimed to contact them, you can achieve it by these methods: phone. Additionally, you can read 3 opinions left by our visitors.
"The guys over at Tommy's Towing are really good bunch of guys. If you want a great local mechanic, and when I say local they're just out there in Leicester a little ways, then these are the guys..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Buncombe County, NC?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Buncombe County, NC, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Buncombe County, NC DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the North Carolina DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Buncombe County, NC?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Buncombe County, NC, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.