💵 Want to sell your car in North Carolina?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. City Salvage 1 Inc
3628 Northerly Rd, Charlotte, NC 28206
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts part installation service junk car removal towing service
This salvage yard is the perfect go-to establishment for anyone in need of recycled parts in good condition at excellent prices. Specializing in a extensive variety of car parts, this junkyard is guaranteed to have what you need. Experience straightforward service and friendly staff who are always willing to help track down specific items.
"Im from Richmond Va and my wife totaled our car Memorial Wknd. I called one junkyard and they gave me the run around for 2 days costing me extra storage fees. On the 3rd day I called City..."
22. EastSide Auto Salvage
1024 Rocky Run Rd, Midway Park, NC 28544
5/5 - 5 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
If you are looking for the cheapest second hand parts near the Midway Park vicinity, this junkyard can be a great option to purchase them at a low price. You have the opportunity to get in touch with them via: email, tollfree and phone. The EastSide Auto Salvage is open Monday to Saturday.This business has been rated 5 times by previous visitors.
"Great place to find items for your vehicles. Always treat me with respect (great people) and a valued customer. Whenever I need help pulling a part they help ASAP! Plenty of Ford vehicles on the..."
33. Carlton's Salvage Inc
5397 US-264, Washington, NC 27889
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage dealer used auto parts junk car removal towing service
They deliver a very specialized and skilled service at good prices, with a wide depht of supply but without giving up the warranties requested by its clients. Users have the possibility to meet this business near the town of Washington (North Carolina). Additional information: This business schedule info cannot be found, however, you have the possibility to visit its web.This company has been voted 3 times by our users.
"Thank you for going out of your way to help my mom and I this weekend. We really appreciate it. These guys are awesome, if you have a clunker, bring it here and they'll give you a decent price to..."
44. Midsouth Auto Recycling
1801 Gillespie St, Fayetteville, NC 28306
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts junk car removal
Looking for affordable second-hand auto parts in very good shape? The junkyard offers a wide selection of recycled car parts at competitive prices. Professional and efficient service, with courteous staff who are ready to assist with all your recycling needs. Whether it's batteries or wipers, this junkyard has you covered.
"I called and let them know I had an old car that wouldn't run. They made me an offer, came and got the car, paid me for for it - all in about the time it would take for a lunch break. Quick..."
55. Cross Creek Metals, Inc
416 Battley Dairy Rd, Hamlet, NC 28345
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard self service part installation service
Residents of the Hamlet vicinity have the possibility to check a large supply of used parts for their autos in this junkyard. It is possible to get in touch with them using: email or phone. They work from Monday to Friday.Additionally, you can check 3 opinions in order to know more about this business.
"Yrs since I came here,,Now cleaning up son's shop..taking metal,aluminum,iron hauling on truck and trailer,, Bruce came out n explained the process so simple,having to pull on scale 3..."
66. Stewart Salvage & Metal Recycling, Llc
151 Linden Loop, Stony Point, NC 28678
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
The junkyard you are looking here is situated in Stony Point (North Carolina) and it's providing the highest quality vehicle pieces to its possible visitors close to the area. If you are aimed to demand a valuation for your junk car or request for a precise used piece, please get in touch with them using phone. Other visitors have shared 3 thoughts about this business.
"This is a good shop run by kind folks. I visited Stewart’s about 5 or 6 times over the past 3 weeks pulling various parts for my 1997 Toyota Camry and have found everything I needed. They even..."
77. Andrew's Automotive LLC
1400 Phelps Rd, Hillsborough, NC 27278
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service shipping available
You can economize a lot of money on the maintenance of your prized auto by purchasing second hand parts with warranty in this leading in Hillsborough surroundings salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. This business has been voted 3 times by our users.
"Shelly is a badass. Was kind and understood what some old honda parts ment to the right person. Even though its not a pick and pull place was willing to let me get what I needed on a special..."
88. Odum's Garage & Auto Salvage
491 Queens Creek Rd, Hubert, NC 28539
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service junk car removal
It's easy to avoid wasting large amounts of money on the maintenance of your loved car by obtaining junk spare parts without giving up the necessary warranties in this leading in Hubert neighborhood salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. In addition, you can check 3 reviews left by our visitors.
"The boys have always been pretty nice. Just don't get why they ain't open on NB a Saturday. Seems like no-one is though, but that's when ppl are off work to work on their cars. I do like that..."
99. South End Auto Salvage
1818 S Wesleyan Blvd, Rocky Mount, NC 27803
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto body parts supplier junk car removal
The salvage yard listed here is wich operates near Rocky Mount (North Carolina) and it's distributing high condition auto pieces to its eventual purchasers near the vicinity. In case you are aimed to inquire an estimation for your junk vehicle or request for a specific junk spare-part, please get in touch with them via phone. In addition, you may check 3 reviews left by other users.
"If you are looking for ANY salvage pickup, buying or selling and one heck of a wholesome business owner and handsome man might I add, DEFINITELY call South End!! Glen made everything I needed..."
1010. MT Recycling
280 Lockey Dr, Aberdeen, NC 28315
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
They distribute an highly efficient service at good prices, with a broad breadth of inventory and with the guarantees demanded by its customers. Users have the possibility to meet this salvage yard near the municipality of Aberdeen (North Carolina). This business has been voted 3 times by our users.
"Friendly people. Pricing is a little low, but they're honest about it. I save money because I don't have to drive as far. It also means the price to buy scrap metal is low. I seldom leave..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in North Carolina?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in North Carolina, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the North Carolina DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the North Carolina DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in North Carolina?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in North Carolina?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in North Carolina?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.