💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Junk Car Pittsburgh / Pittsburgh Auto Salvage
102 2nd St, Braddock, PA 15104
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal
Purchasers can talk with the friendly owners of this junkyard by this way: phone. In case you want to purchase high quality vehicle spares in the municipality of Braddock (Pennsylvania), they are an ineludible election. The Junk Car Pittsburgh / Pittsburgh Auto Salvage timetable information cannot be found but you can visit its website.Other customers have left 3 thoughts about this company.
"Negotiating with Mr. Hill was a pleasure. Matt was the staff member who picked up our vehicle, and he made the experience a pleasure: he was polite, professional, explained how everything worked..."more
22. Cash For Cars - Pittsburgh South
526 Thompson Run Rd Ste B, West Mifflin, PA 15122
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowauto wrecker used auto parts self service junk car removal
Looking for a straightforward and seamlessly way to sell your vehicle? Look no further than our self-serve auto wrecker service. With fast and easy pick-up, knowledgeable dispatch, and helpful staff like Raju, the process is made simple and painless. Get a fair offer and exchange your vehicle for a check in less than 48 hours.
"My associate was Tarun A. He helped me get the best deal. He was honest, straight-forward and kind. I would recommend selling any car to Copart/cash-for-cars. The process was very simple..."more
33. Battaglia Auto Recycling
1730 Riverside St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
4.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts auto buyer
In search of reliable salvage yard services? You're in the right place! With a broad selection of salvage parts, referrals for auto repair and honest prices, this place is a one-stop shop for all your auto needs. The friendly and professional staff are dedicated to providing exceptional service and meeting all your business needs.
"I have used Battaglia Auto for a variety of my auto needs, including salvage, salvage parts, referrals for auto mechanics to do repair, and auto purchasing as well. I recommend them..."more
44. Metalico Pittsburgh
3100 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15225
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts self service
This self-serve junkyard offers a broad selection of used car parts, scrap metal, and more. With quick account sign-up and on-the-spot cash payments, customers can easily unload their scrap and find the parts they need. The knowledgeable and friendly staff ensures a smooth and pleasant experience for everyone.
"I just do minor scrap stuff. Pop cans, and car parts etc. Account sign up took 10 mins. It took me 10 minutes to unload my scrap and I was paid right then and there with cash. Can't beat that."more
55. Contrell Auto Salvage/ Never Rest Towing
7912 Batavia St, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard towing service
This family owned salvage yard offers quick and professional service, with excellent communication and fair pricing. They go the extra mile to ensure a stress-free experience for their customers, providing easy contact and making necessary arrangements for vehicle repair. Operating with integrity and compassion, this business sets a positive example for others in the industry.
"What I love the most about this business is the way they do business ! Extremely professional, fair pricing with pleasant employees that aren’t beneath recommending other companies to..."more
66. PGH Junk Cars
1448 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15209
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard junk car removal towing service
Located in [City], our salvage yard offers top-notch towing and cash for cars services. Our friendly team is dedicated to making the vehicle selling process easy and stress-free for our customers. With expert diagnosis and professional service, we aim to provide a reliable and convenient experience for all your salvage needs.
"I needed my car towed and had no way to move it. So I called Mark 1. Carl was very nice and offered me more than the other guys I called. Eric came to my house, was very respectful and made this..."more
77. Junk My Car Pittsburgh
2609 Spring Garden Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
This auto wrecker offers fast and easy service, providing cash in hand for your vehicle with just a title and ID. Customers praise the knowledgeable and friendly staff, as well as the quick and professional service. With competitive pricing and straightforward transactions, this business is a top choice for anyone looking to sell their vehicle.
"Local business...Fast and easy with cash in hand! All they needed was my title and ID...My car was gone within hours! Men were knowledgeable and friendly. Support local I called several other..."more
88. American Steel Processing
4900 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15225
3.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer used auto parts junk car removal
Get your hands on used parts in good condition at this junkyard. No need to break the bank - this salvage yard offers fair prices for the scrap you bring in. The professional and friendly staff will make sure you leave satisfied with the parts you need.
"Interesting place, the staff were helpful & friendly. Piles of shredded metal, crumpled cars, and railroad car pieces being mailed & moved heavy machinery & magnets. Watching car windows fracture..."more
99. Cash For Cars - Pittsburgh West
1451 Lebanon School Rd Ste B, West Mifflin, PA 15122
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
This auto wrecker provides a seamlessly and efficient process for selling your old or wrecked vehicles. Customers have found the paperwork to be straightforward, with quick payment turnaround. With competitive offers for their vehicles, many clients have recommended this business for their prompt and reliable service.
"Sold my vehicle to cash for cars, once paperwork was in order, I didn’t have any trouble receiving my payment. I checked many sites and Cash for Cars offed the most money. I recommend them..."more
1010. Elg Metals Inc
369 River Rd, McKeesport, PA 15132
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
For a reliable source of used auto parts, look no further than this junkyard. With a courteous and efficient team, customers can expect smooth and professional service. Whether you need parts for heavy-duty vehicles or smaller cars, the staff is dedicated to getting you in and out with the right parts for your needs.
"Back at ELG today and everything went smoothly. Dan the scale master was very efficient AS ALWAYS. He keeps things moving quite well with everything that goes on there. I have been there 4..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Allegheny County, PA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Allegheny County, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Allegheny County, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Allegheny County, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Allegheny County, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Allegheny County, PA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Allegheny County, PA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Allegheny County, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Allegheny County, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
What is a junkyard?
A junkyard is a business that buys and sells used and damaged vehicles and vehicle parts. Junkyards are also known as salvage yards or vehicle dismantlers.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.