💵 Want to sell your car in Westmoreland County, PA?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Flowers Auto Wreckers Inc
176 Fitz Henry Rd, Smithton, PA 15479
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service shipping available
They provide an highly skilled assistance at good prices, with an extensive diversity of supply but without giving up the guarantees requested by its customers. You have the opportunity to locate this junkyard near the town of Smithton (Pennsylvania). More info: They are open Monday to Friday.Other users have left 3 thoughts about this business.
"Great service I was looking for a steering column for my car that wasn't broken.The gentleman I spoke to was very nice and went out of his way to go and check to make sure it was in fact good..."
22. Hungry Hollow Auto Salvage
6840 Shearsburg Rd, Leechburg 15656
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal
Customers can talk with the attentive professionals of this salvage yard using these means: phone. In order to buy high quality auto spares in the municipality of Leechburg (Pennsylvania), they are an ineludible option. This business schedule info is not available, despite this you have the possibility to visit its web.In addition, you may read 1 opinions left by our visitors.
"I’m so happy with Hungry Hollow Salvage! Jesse was quick to help when we needed to have a vehicle removed from our property. He gave us a very fair quote for the vehicle, was very polite..."
33. Maroney's Foreign Cars & Parts
1304 PA-981, Smithton, PA 15479
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
You can avoid wasting hundreds of dollars on the conservation of your beloved automobile by purchasing junk pieces with guarantee in this popular in Smithton neighborhood salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. In addition, you can read 3 reviews left by other users.
"I’ve been going to Maroneys for over a decade. Reg and the gang are awesome! I’ve bought two vehicles from them and I don’t like anyone touching my vehicles other than Mike and the crew..."
44. Daniels & Miller Incorporated
242 N Hamilton Ave, Greensburg, PA 15601
3.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts junk car removal
This salvage yard situated near the city of Greensburg (Pennsylvania), delivers a very competent service to its clients, delivering tremendous bargains but without giving up the best quality and an extensive diversity of inventory. Contact them by: phone. Other visitors have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"I e been taking scrap there for years! Sometimes your not going to get the very top price but they have to pay and make $ themselves remember it is a business! It's like anything else in the..."
55. B M Auto Recycling
193 Silvis Rd, Export, PA 15632
5/5 - 2 reviewsrecycling center junk car removal towing service
Inhabitants of the Export neighborhood have the possibility to obtain an immense supply of second hand parts suitable for their vehicles in this salvage yard. You can get in touch with them using: phone. Additionally, you may check 2 thoughts left by our visitors.
"Good people, fast respond time and good prices. Hauled off 2 vehicles for me and my mom. Thanks greatly appreciate your help!!!!."
66. Culp's Auto Wrecking
1119 Chestnut Rd, Vandergrift, PA 15690
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto & classic car parts
The finest method to save large amounts of money on second hand parts for your vehicle is to contact this junkyard in the Vandergrift area, this is an excellent election. Additional information: The Culp's Auto Wrecking business hours information cannot be found, despite this you can visit its web.This business has been voted 3 times by our users.
"If you are looking for that part that most places won't have. I recommend that you check here. They have an amazingly large stock of parts for mainly domestic vehicles. Prices are reasonable and..."
77. V Lucchetti Auto Wreckers, Inc.
2460 Constitution Blvd, New Kensington, PA 15068
2/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal
Neighbors of the New Kensington neighborhood can check an extensive stock of second-hand parts for their cars in this salvage yard. It is possible to reach them using: email, tollfree or phone. Other customers have shared 3 reviews about this salvage yard.
"There are 2 business' here. Garys on 1 side and Rex on the other side. If you are looking to junk a car, REX IS AVAIL, CALL!."
88. Hungry Hollow Salvage, LLC.
1759 Hungry Hollow Rd, Leechburg, PA 15656
5/5 - 1 reviewssalvage yard
The salvage yard we show here is placed in Leechburg (Pennsylvania) and it's delivering the best condition vehicle spares to its eventual visitors near the vicinity. In case you need to inquire an estimation for your junk car or plead for a particular junk spare, please get in touch with them via phone. This salvage yard has been rated 1 times by our users.
"Easy to deal with, smooth and easy to get in and out of location instead of the usual pothole-ridden driveways most yards have, and easy to find (right next to Jim's Automotive)."
99. A Malinish Auto Wreckers Inc
110 Elk Lane, Ligonier 15658junkyard
Neighbors of the Ligonier surroundings have the opportunity to access an extensive inventory of second-hand parts that will fit with their vehicles in this junkyard. It is possible to get in touch with them via: phone or tollfree. The A Malinish Auto Wreckers Inc is open Monday to Saturday.
1010. Stoystown Auto Wreckers
Rt 30 12 Mile East Of Stoys, Belle Vernon 15012junkyard
Do you own an used car or are you immersed in the search of second hand spares suitable for your auto? This directory suggest a visit to this salvage yard in Belle Vernon, since it delivers a gargantuan catalog. Additional information: This junkyard opening hours information cannot be found yet.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Westmoreland County, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Westmoreland County, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Westmoreland County, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Westmoreland County, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Westmoreland County, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Westmoreland County, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Westmoreland County, PA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Westmoreland County, PA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Westmoreland County, PA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..