11. Hackensack Auto Wreckers Incorporated
308 2nd St, Hackensack, NJ 07601
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts junk car removal
Visit our local salvage yard for all your auto parts needs. Our extensive inventory of used parts makes it easy to find what you need at an economical price. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will assist you in locating the right part for your vehicle. Upgrade your car while saving money with us.
"I am very thankful to have found Chip and Sally at Hackensack Auto Wreckers. Sally assisted me with finding a new front bumper for my car, answered all my questions. Sally was transparent..."more
22. Cash For Junk Cars King
155 Cresthill Ave, Clifton, NJ 07012
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Looking to get rid of that unwanted car taking up space in your driveway? Take a look at this local junkyard. With fast and reliable service, they'll pick up your vehicle at a convenient time for you and offer a fair price on the spot. Get in touch today to make that eyesore disappear!
"Cash for Junk car king came thru and gave me the best price then anyone else, they came exactly within the time limits they said, they were quick, and no with bs. Excellent and..."more
33. Ace Auto Salvage
34 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
3.7/5 - 3 reviews opens at 10 AMjunkyard used auto parts
Find good condition used parts at this family-owned salvage yard. With a friendly and knowledgeable owner, customers receive helpful information and assistance in finding the right parts. Don't miss the chance to visit this junkyard for all your salvage needs. You won't be disappointed with the service and selection available.
"A nice family owned junkyard. The owner even takes the time out of her day to provide different phone numbers for buying parts, since ACE does not sell parts. I was blown away when she continued..."more
44. Zager Brothers Inc
69 Getty Ave #83, Paterson, NJ 07503
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard
Family-owned and operated for three generations, Zager Bro’s is a trusted junkyard known for honest and fair service. Customers appreciate the quick and easy process, with a new scale for efficient weighing. For the best price and professional, courteous service, Zager Bro’s is a good choice for all your scrap metal needs.
"I had a great experience at Zager brothers. I just renovated my house and had aluminum siding to scrap. I called around to different scrap yards. They gave me the best price without a runaround..."more
55. R&G Junk Car
150 Mill St Apt.4, Belleville, NJ 07109
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage dealer towing service
This salvage dealer provides fast and efficient service, with a focus on understanding and customer satisfaction. Clients have praised the polite and helpful staff for their assistance in towing vehicles and even helping them find replacement cars. The business ensures a painless experience when it comes to salvaging or towing your car.
"Wonderful customer service the man who picked up my car was very polite he also gave me time to empty out my car and he was also helpful In trying to get me a new car I'd recommend him to anyone..."more
66. Junked In The USA
66 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
5/5 - 1 reviews open nowauto wrecker junk car removal
Need to get rid of your old car or unwanted scrap metal? Consider this local junkyard! Conveniently located in the heart of the city, they offer easy and efficient disposal services for all types of junk. Say goodbye to clutter and hello to a clean space with their seamlessly solutions.
"Angela is awesome! Junked in the usa is a easy and great way to dispose of you junk or un wanted cars!."more
77. United Scrap Iron & Metal
705 Old River Dr, Passaic, NJ 07055
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center
Located in the heart of the city, this environmentally conscious recycling center offers a convenient drop-off service for all your metal recyclables. The friendly staff ensures a smooth and efficient process from start to finish. Bring in your excess metal scraps and contribute to a cleaner, more sustainable future for our community.
"Very Helpful very Humble guys First timers; Wait for your turn, back it up to the scale and wait for the gentleman inside tells you to “go ahead”, Keep backing up carefully and dump your..."more
88. Dewland Auto Parts
1710 Tonnelle Ave, North Bergen, NJ 07047
4.3/5 - 3 reviews opens at 9 AMauto body shop used auto parts
With an extensive inventory of auto parts for any make and model, this auto body shop has the part you need. Offering exceptional customer service, the friendly and knowledgeable team is ready to help with all your car repair needs. Call or email to find out more about their vast selection of options.
"Words cannot describe how thankful I am towards Mike. Certainly I do not know why some reviews are bad. Mike sounds a little strong when first contacting but does have a good heart and strict by..."more
99. BERGEN SCRAP METAL
18 Hill Pl, Bergenfield, NJ 07621
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer used auto parts
This scrap metal dealer is known for their professionalism, organization, and helpful service. Customers praise their willingness to go the extra mile and provide tailored solutions for any scrap metal needs. Many have found this company to offer the best prices and assistance with material separation.
"I’ve went there more than a few times. The reason being these guys are very professional, courteous, willing to help any way they can. They provide solutions for any of your scrap metal needs..."more
1010. Weiss Scrap Co
131 Highland Ave, Passaic, NJ 07055
3/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard
The junkyard offers a large inventory of used auto parts at cost-effective prices. Customers appreciate the friendly and helpful service provided by the staff. The inventory is well-organized and makes it easy to find the specific part needed for any vehicle repair or restoration project.
"Really had a good deal with him and customers approach was top notch."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Wallington
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Wallington, NJ?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Wallington, NJ, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Wallington, NJ DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Jersey DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Wallington, NJ?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Wallington, NJ that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Wallington, NJ may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Wallington, NJ?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Wallington, NJ?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.