💵 Want to sell your car in Paterson, NJ?
11. Zager Brothers Inc
69 Getty Ave #83, Paterson, NJ 07503
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard
The proper approach to save a lot of money on used pieces suitable for your car is by approaching this junkyard in the Paterson location, this is an attractive election. Other visitors have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"I had a great experience at Zager brothers. I just renovated my house and had aluminum siding to scrap. I called around to different scrap yards. They gave me the best price without a runaround..."
22. Bridge Auto Wreckers Incorporated
165 River St, Paterson 7501junkyard
The ideal way to economize large amounts of money on second hand parts for your car is by approaching this junkyard in the Paterson area, this is an outstanding choice. More info: The Bridge Auto Wreckers Incorporated is open from Monday to Friday.
33. A A 1 Auto Recycling Sales & Salvage
6983 Getty Ave, Paterson 7503junkyard
This junkyard wants to deliver a very efficient assistance at great prices, gathering an immense diversity of catalog but without giving up the guarantees requested by its buyers. Visitors can locate this company near the municipality of Paterson (New Jersey). The A A 1 Auto Recycling Sales & Salvage is open Monday to Friday.
44. Clifton Auto Recycling
354 Marshall St, Paterson 7503junkyard
Do you have sleeping in the garage a decrepit auto or are you trying hard to locate used spare-parts compatible with your automobile? This website suggest a visit to this junkyard in Paterson, since it provides an extensive supply. Additional info: They work from Monday to Friday.
55. CFS AUTO WRECKERS
16 BLOOMFIELD AVE, Paterson 7503junkyard
The salvage yard listed here is placed near Paterson (New Jersey) and it's providing the highest condition vehicle spares to its eventual clients close to the proximity. In case you need to inquire a quote for your used vehicle or request for a specific second-hand piece, please contact them using email, tollfree and phone.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Paterson, NJ?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Paterson, NJ, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Paterson, NJ DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Jersey DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Paterson, NJ?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Paterson, NJ, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.