💵 Want to sell your car in Suffolk County, NY?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
200 Reid St, Lindenhurst, NY 11757
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
You can save hundreds of dollars on the repairs of your loved vehicle by purchasing junk parts without giving up the minimal warranties in this eminent in Lindenhurst neighborhood salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. This business has been voted 3 times by our visitors.
"SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!! Bobby and Vinny the best yet! Bobby treated my dad as if he were his own father. He took care of all he needed. Vinny worked on my dads cars as soon as he pulled up..."
22. Act Auto Wrecking
650 W Hoffman Ave, Lindenhurst, NY 11757
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
The junkyard listed here is settled near Lindenhurst (New York) and it's providing the greatest quality auto spares to its eventual visitors close to the area. In case you are aimed to request a quote for your old vehicle or plead for a precise second-hand spare, you can get in touch with them via phone. Other users have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"They had the best price with the lowest mileage on a transfer case for my Explorer. After I picked it up, I found out it would not work on my truck and I was too far to pick up a replacement..."
33. Mid Island Auto Wreckers Qns
1013 Long Island Ave, Deer Park 11729
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
If you are in the search for the highest quality second hand parts in the Deer Park surroundings, this junkyard can be a great election to obtain them at a great price. Feel free to contact them via: phone. This company schedule info is not available, however, you have the option to check its web.Other visitors have left 1 thoughts about this salvage yard.
Responsive and Quick
"At my dad's insistence, I called for a rear wiper motor and center console base for my 2013 Volvo XC90. A real person answered the call, answered my questions, gave a price and offered..."
44. Bi County Auto Truck & Salvage
1 McAdam St, Bay Shore, NY 11706
2.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts part installation service
They offer a very professional assistance at very reasonable prices, gathering a generous variety of inventory and with the warranties requested by its customers. Visitors can find this junkyard near the municipality of Bay Shore (New York). This business schedule information cannot be found, however, you have the option to visit its website.Additionally, you can check 3 reviews left by other users.
"Called these guys yesterday about a fuel tank for an 02 Tundra - they were fantastic. Organized, efficient, knowledgeable. They sent pics so I could see the tank before making the 3.5-hour trek..."
55. Fat City Auto Wreckers
100 W 11th St, Huntington Station 11746
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
This salvage yard wich operates in the town of Huntington Station (New York), offers a very specialized and professional service to its buyers, delivering incredible bargains but without giving up the expected quality and a giant depht of inventory. Contact them by: phone. This salvage yard has been voted 1 times by our visitors.
"Amazing, quick to help you find what you're looking for, prices are more than fair."
66. Westhampton Auto Salvage
2341 Quogue Riverhead Rd, East Quogue, NY 11942
5/5 - 3 reviewsdemolition contractor used auto parts
Citizens of the East Quogue area have the opportunity to obtain a wide catalog of second-hand parts for their automobiles in this junkyard. It is possible to reach them via: phone. Additional information: This business operational hours info cannot be found, despite this you have the possibility to check its web.Other customers have shared 3 reviews about this business.
"Kevin And Robin Are Great people always there for a hand, great prices and usually has that odd ball item you may need, I send everyone to them, every time I go into town I always make sure I stop..."
77. Setauket Auto Wreckers Incorporated
91 Gnarled Hollow Rd, East Setauket 11733junkyard
Visitors can visit the friendly manager of this junkyard using these means: phone. In order to get the best quality auto parts in the town of East Setauket (New York), they are an ineluctable choice. This salvage yard opening schedule info cannot be found yet.
88. Aable Auto Salvage Incorporated
34 Moffitt Blvd, Bay Shore 11706junkyard
In case you are in the task of looking for the cheapest second-hand parts near the Bay Shore area, this junkyard is an incredible choice to buy them at a low price. You have the opportunity to contact them via: phone. This junkyard operational hours information is not available yet.
99. Westhampton Auto Salvage
104 S Country Rd, Westhampton Beach 11978junkyard
This is one of the best junkyards in Westhampton Beach and provides a wide catalog of spares for your car. Do not hesitate to visit them and consult their professional employees. Contact them by: phone.
1010. Trade Auto Wreckers Inc
139 Peconic Ave, Medford 11763junkyard
They offer an highly capable assistance at lower prices, gathering an immense variety of supply and with the warranties expected by its buyers. You have the possibility to find this company in the municipality of Medford (New York). This salvage yard schedule info does not appear in our database but you can visit its website.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Suffolk County, NY?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Suffolk County, NY, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Suffolk County, NY DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New York DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Suffolk County, NY?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Suffolk County, NY?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Suffolk County, NY?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Suffolk County, NY, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.