11. Dunston Brothers, Inc.
2468 Delaware Turnpike, Voorheesville, NY 12186
4.6/5 - 6 reviewsprofessional services used auto parts self service
The salvage yard we display here is located near Voorheesville (New York) and it's distributing high performance vehicle spares to its potential clients near the vicinity. In case you want to request an estimation for your used car or plead for a precise junk spare, please get in touch with them via email and phone. Additionally, you may check 6 reviews left by other users.
These are the best car parts dealers and car advisors around.
"The Dunston Family has been in this business for generations; they know everything there is to know about auto recycling and keeping old cars on the road. There is nothing more environmental..."more
22. A 1 Auto Crushing
8 Anderson Dr, Albany, NY 12205
4/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts auto buyer
This salvage yard is your go-to destination for all of your used auto parts needs. As a leading auto buyer and seller of recycled car components, they offer a broad range of high-quality parts for all makes and models. Whether you're looking to sell your old vehicle or find affordable replacement parts, this salvage yard has got you covered with their extensive inventory and friendly service.
My 2004 Corolla
"Brought our 2004 Corolla in. It's time had come... :-( The location was easy to find. The office service was quick polite and knowledgeable. The assessment of our car was done quickly and I..."more
33. Clarkies Auto Parts
191 Geyser Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
4.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
This self-serve salvage yard offers a wide variety of used parts at competitive prices. Customers can expect to find an extensive selection of engines, transmissions, and rare car models. The spacious lot features many imported vehicle brands such as Honda, Subaru, and VW.
"Gives good prices for pulled parts and I've seen plenty of pulled engines and transmissions sitting in big containers. Seen some cars you rarely see anymore in there too. Pretty big lot..."more
44. Kuglers Auto Service
502 Rosa Rd, Schenectady, NY 12309
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
Trying to find second-hand auto parts in very good shape at economical prices? Look no further than this salvage yard, specializing in providing a extensive variety of salvaged vehicle parts. Not only do they have a vast selection of parts, but their knowledgeable staff can also help you find the exact part you need for your car. Whether it's a rare vintage piece or a common component, this salvage yard has got you covered.
Great guys BUT NOT A JUNK YARD!
"But this IS INCORRECTLY LISTED AS A JUNK YARD! They were great in steering me to some area junk yards."more
41 Euclid St, Cohoes, NY 12047
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal
Seeking a reliable junkyard to find second-hand auto parts in very good shape? This place is known for its excellent service and friendly staff. Whether you need replacement parts for your car or want to dispose of old scrap, they will gladly assist you. Stop by and see their wide selection of used parts today.
"Great service here. Especially if you want to bring junk from your house to here. They will gladly accept it. The people are also very nice here too."more
66. NHKelman Inc.
41 Euclid St, Cohoes, NY 12047
4.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
The junkyard offers professional and efficient services for all your scrap metal and car recycling needs. Customers can expect quick and reliable assistance with disposing of their unwanted vehicles and metal items. The staff is dedicated to providing quality service without unnecessary frills, making it an ideal choice for those looking to declutter their spaces responsibly.
"TO THE TRUCK OPERATOR ???? yes I give it a 4 ⭐ bcos they are nice ???? there is a Nice young men at Front in his late 50s ho directed me to the waight and bay,no overnight parking, small size..."more
77. Ben Weitsman of Albany
300 Smith Blvd, Albany, NY 12202
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
This salvage yard is the go-to spot on a Sunday and boasts top efficiency in handling metal products to ensure a fast customer experience. The facility staff offer friendly service, always available for assistance. The location is known for fair prices and an organized site that's easy to access even for first-timers.
"Recommend this place to many, almost all. Very clean site, staff has their head on a swivel, so very aware of customers coming into facilities to unload their metal. The only gripe I have is..."more
88. Ed Loya's Auto Parts
274 Greenfield Ave, Ballston Spa, NY 12020
4/5 - 4 reviewssalvage yard
Trying to find a reliable salvage yard in the area? You're in the right place! Located in [location], this place offers excellent customer service and competitive pricing. Whether you're a professional scrapper or just looking to get rid of some metal waste, the friendly staff will make you feel right at home. Plus, keep an eye out for their adorable puppy, Chopper!
"This place is great! They're always friendly and help me out every time I go there. A big shout out to the guy that works in the little office behind the window He's a really stand up guy. and..."more
99. Mijo Metals
30 Ontario St, Albany, NY 12206
4/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
If you're in need of automobile parts at cost-effective prices, this junkyard has got you covered. With a vast selection of used and salvaged auto parts, customers can easily find what they need for their repair or restoration projects. The knowledgeable staff is always ready to assist with finding the right parts.
"Easy place to go to and I grew up in the area."more
1010. Sims Metal - Albany, New York
140 Port St South, Albany, NY 12202
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
The recycling center provides a welcoming and friendly environment for all customers, making the experience of dropping off recyclables a positive one. The staff members are consistently praised for their approachability and helpfulness, setting this center apart from others in the area. Its role in the community is highly valued, and its commitment to sustainability is appreciated by locals.
"Great place. The staff is so nice and friendly, even when I went to the wrong spot. Highly recommended and so much better than their competition a few towns further north. I really cannot..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Schenectady
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Schenectady, NY?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Schenectady, NY, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Schenectady, NY DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New York DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Schenectady, NY?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What are the advantages of buying junkyard parts?
There are several advantages, including:
- Cost: They are typically much cheaper than new parts. This can save you a lot of money on car repairs.
- Availability: Junkyards have a wide variety of parts available, including parts for older and less common vehicles. This can be helpful if you are looking for a part that is difficult to find elsewhere.
- Environmental benefits: Buying junkyard parts helps to reduce waste and conserve resources. When you buy a junkyard part, you are essentially recycling a part that would otherwise be scrapped.
- Quality: They can be just as good as new parts, especially if they are inspected carefully before purchase. Many junkyards also offer a warranty on their parts, so you can be sure that you are getting a quality product.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
What should I do if I get injured at a junkyard?
If you get injured at a junkyard, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if necessary. Once you are safe, you should also take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the junkyard owner or manager. This will help them to investigate the accident and take steps to prevent future accidents.
- Document the accident. This includes taking photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company may be able to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options.
How can I report an illegal junkyard?
To report an illegal junkyard, you can contact the following authorities:
- Local law enforcement: Illegal junkyards may violate local zoning ordinances or environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- State environmental agency: Illegal junkyards may also violate state environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your state’s environmental agency.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA is responsible for enforcing federal environmental laws. You can report an illegal junkyard to the EPA’s hotline at 1-800-424-9346.
When you report an illegal junkyard, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the junkyard
- The types of vehicles and parts that are stored at the junkyard
- Any observed violations of local, state, or federal laws
- Any other relevant information
You may also want to take photos or videos of the junkyard to support your report.
The authorities will investigate your report and take appropriate action. This may include issuing a warning to the junkyard owner, requiring the junkyard to clean up the site, or even shutting down the junkyard.
It is important to report illegal junkyards because they can pose a number of risks to the environment and public health. Illegal junkyards may store hazardous materials, such as gasoline and oil, which can leak into the ground and contaminate groundwater. Illegal junkyards may also attract pests and rodents, which can spread disease.
Are there any risks associated with visiting a junkyard?
There are a number of risks associated with visiting a junkyard, including:
- Cuts and scrapes from sharp metal edges
- Injuries from falling objects
- Exposure to hazardous materials, such as gasoline, oil, and battery acid
- Dog bites
- Vehicle accidents