💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Navarra Auto and Truck Dismanters
1837 Monterey Hwy, San Jose, CA 95112
4.2/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto & truck parts self service shipping available
This salvage yard is the right place to head to if you are in the market for used vehicle parts. The business promises a seamless shopping experience and great prices, with an attentive service that includes providing exact quotes, timely communication, and 30% better pricing compared to other shops. Their customer service is known for being top-notch.
"Navarra Truck did a great job on replacing the engine on my 2005 Ford F150, they kept in touch with me through out the entire process and let me know when they needed parts. They also finished..."more
22. MIke's EZ Hauling
1228 Coyote Creek Ct, San Jose, CA 95116
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
Whether you're looking to clear out old furniture, appliances, or scrap metal, this junkyard is the solution for all your hauling needs. With a reputation for prompt and efficient service at cost-effective rates, customers trust them to get the job done with professionalism and attention to detail.
"I needed an old wooden fence removed and junk cleared out of the basement. Mike gave me an estimate the day I called and he and his worker came and did the job the very next day. The price was..."more
33. Toy Connection
780 Comstock St, Santa Clara, CA 95054
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker part installation service
This auto wrecker is known for their expertise in working with all types of trucks, including Toyota Landcruisers and Tacomas. Customers appreciate the attention to detail and technical knowledge of the staff, who are able to bring older vehicles back to like-new condition. The shop's busy schedule reflects the high demand for their services.
"They know Toyota Landcruiser's really well! I had a lift on my 2000 Toyota Landcruiser installed in Sept. 2017 and it has been fantastic. Car rides really well and no issues over the past 6..."more
44. A-1 Auto Dismantlers
200 Hillsdale Ave, San Jose, CA 95136
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Come in and find quality recycled parts at a price you can afford at this salvage yard. With a great selection of cars, the business offers fast and efficient service with good customer service and price negotiation. Whether you need to order your part through the phone or visit the yard in person, they've got you covered.
"Order my part through the phone. Very fast and efficient. Good prices and overall great customer service."more
55. H & H Heaven
220 Hillcap Ave, San Jose, CA 95136
3.3/5 - 4 reviewsstore used auto parts
If you're in need of used auto parts, the place to go is here. Customers have found great-quality, cheap car doors and mirrors. The staff were helpful in assisting with installation and even allowed for on-site repair. Convenient and accommodating for all your automotive salvage needs!
"Needed a couple doors for my Mazda. They had good replacements and reasonably priced. They took them off the car for me at no extra cost which was great. I also didn't have room to do..."more
66. American Import
285 Leo Ave, San Jose, CA 95112
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Looking for recycled auto parts in good condition? American Imports is the place to go. With over 36 years of experience, their knowledgeable staff will help you find the parts you need, whether it's engines, transmissions, suspensions, body parts, or electronic boxes. Trust in their professional service and expertise.
"I have been a customer here for 36 years and counting. I've bought engines, transmissions, suspensions, body parts, electronic boxes... you name it - and American Imports has always taken..."more
77. Mega Metals & Iron
1999 Stone Ave, San Jose, CA 95125
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
With a large inventory of metal recycling services, this junkyard is a go-to for those looking to get rid of their unwanted scrap metal. The friendly staff and competitive prices make it a top choice for many customers. Whether you have old appliances, car parts, or other metal items to dispose of, this business is the place to go.
"I have been using Mega Metals for years now and i would not go any where else fast,friendly and,prices are great.best recycler I have used. i."more
88. Pick Your Part Auto Wrecking
595 Trade Zone Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035junkyard self service
Looking to get rid of your old car or find some spare parts for a DIY project? Look no further than this self-serve junkyard. With a large inventory of vehicles to choose from and cheap pricing, customers can easily access the parts they need without breaking the bank. The convenient self-serve setup allows customers to browse and pick out what they need at their own pace, making it a seamlessly experience.
99. Cash for Junk Cars | Pick-n-Pull
1065 Commercial St, San Jose, CA 95112
3/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker auto buyer
This auto wrecker has a highly dedicated staff that offers exceptional customer service. Their team is known for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, making the process of dealing with a car accident or car disposal as stress-free as possible. Customers can trust this business to provide reliable assistance during difficult times.
"This place is great...staff very friendly and helpful."more
1010. Sims Metal - San Jose, California
1900 Monterey Hwy, San Jose, CA 95112
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
Located just off the main road, this self-serve recycling center provides a hassle-free experience for those looking to responsibly dispose of scrap metal and other recyclable materials. With easy access and helpful staff on hand, users can conveniently transport their heavy items and contribute to environmental sustainability while earning some extra cash in the process.
"Excellent metal recycling center: accessible even for a first-rime novice like me, convenient carts for transport and surprisingly helpful staff. I had a lot of heavy auto parts (brake, steering)..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Santa Clara County, CA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Santa Clara County, CA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Santa Clara County, CA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Santa Clara County, CA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the California DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Santa Clara County, CA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Santa Clara County, CA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Santa Clara County, CA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Santa Clara County, CA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Santa Clara County, CA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.