💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. USA Salvage
5995 Adams Ln, Allentown, PA 18109
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Seeking reliable used parts? USA Salvage is a professional junkyard and salvage yard with a clean and organized facility, offering accurate knowledge of materials. With fast payments and friendly service, they provide prompt pick-up services for all your salvage needs. A go-to option for anyone looking for quality salvage yard services.
"This is the first business we called. They were so very helpful with our needs. We had 4 vehicles to get rid of and we were scheduled for pick-up promptly. The driver was so very nice and helpful..."more
22. Cash For Junk Cars
711 Mill St, Allentown, PA 18103
5/5 - 1 reviews open nowjunkyard self service junk car removal towing service
Conveniently located in the heart of the city, this self-serve junkyard is the perfect place to get rid of your old car, truck or SUV and make some cash in the process. With a friendly and patient staff, you can trust that your vehicle will be handled with care and professionalism. Whether it's a stolen part or a difficult location, they go above and beyond to provide first-class service.
"Cash for junk cars mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message, so I moved on to the next towing company in the list and they told me we can only come on certain days in a week at..."more
33. Harry’s U-Pull-It
1213 N Plymouth St, Allentown, PA 18109
3.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts self service
Seeking an economical option to find used parts for your vehicle? Visit this self-serve salvage yard for a wide selection of parts from foreign cars. While it may not be the cleanest place, the friendly employees are ready to assist you in finding what you need.
"I love Harry's been going to Harry's for at least 20 years. I haven't been there since 2008. Because at that time I got myself a new car of 2008 and it's just now that I'm needing like a mirror..."more
44. First Choice Auto Salvage
2785 Richlandtown Pike, Coopersburg, PA 18036
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts self service
With a huge yard filled with older vehicles, First Choice Auto Salvage is the go-to spot for those in need of good used parts. The knowledgeable staff provides exceptional service and fair prices. Customers can even call ahead and request pictures of items before making the trip, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience.
"Second trip there in six months. Very down to earth and nice staff. Their yard is HUGE with plenty of older (late 90s & early 2000s vehicles) Prices were much more reasonable than anything I..."more
55. Al's Auto Salvage
501 Lehigh St, Allentown, PA 18103
4/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
In search of recycled auto parts in good condition with exceptional customer service? Look no further than this salvage yard. With a knowledgeable staff who genuinely care about providing the right part at an excellent price, you can trust that you'll find exactly what you need. Don't settle for misrepresentation and indifference - visit this business for a superior experience.
"I have been an automotive repair professional since 1983 purchasing used auto parts hundreds of times and the experience I had at Al's today was the best I have ever had! There are yards (very..."more
66. C. Lick Jr. salvage
9575 Old U.S. 22, Fogelsville, PA 18051
4.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
The proper approach to avoid wasting a lot of money on spare parts for your vehicle is to contact this junkyard in the Fogelsville area, this is an exceptional option. Additional information: This junkyard opening schedule info cannot be found yet.Other visitors have shared 3 thoughts about this business.
"I could not have asked for a smoother experience. The two people that came to pick up my truck were great and very personable and once I got to the yard everyone was great there as well. I will..."more
77. Grant's Auto Salvage, Inc.
3285 Old Bethlehem Pike, Coopersburg, PA 18036
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
Find the used car parts you need at this salvage yard. With a friendly and helpful staff, they provide affordable options for your auto needs. Their clean operation includes a forklift and new equipment to make your experience hassle-free. Plus, their parts come with warranties for extra peace of mind.
"this is my second time coming back to this place even though they don't deliver to Philadelphia to my dealership GT Motors.... they have a very very friendly staff and they run a nice clean..."more
88. EMR Allentown
802 N 13th St, Allentown, PA 18102
4/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer self service
Bring your scrap metal to this self-serve dealer for the most competitive prices in town. With a user-friendly system of weighing and unloading, it's easy to make some extra cash. The friendly staff ensures a smooth experience, but watch out for heavy traffic inside the yard - safety first!
"It’s a great place to take scrap metal! Their prices are up to date and I enjoy being able to pull in the scale weigh my tin and number 1 steel unload and go. The people are generally friendly..."more
99. South Whitehall Salvage
2000 Minnich Rd, Allentown, PA 18104
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts
Located in the heart of the city, this recycling center offers a wide range of services for individuals and businesses looking to responsibly dispose of their recyclable materials. With competitive prices and a clean, organized facility, customers can trust that their recycling needs will be met efficiently and effectively.
"Always have the best prices for scrap. They always have the yard and areas clean as well. Been going here for years."more
1010. Harry's U-Pull-It
1510 E Jonathan St, Allentown, PA 18109
2.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
With a wide selection of used auto parts, this salvage yard is a go-to destination for anyone in need of cheap replacements. They offer a variety of auto parts for sale, and their knowledgeable staff can assist customers with finding the right pieces for their vehicles. Whether it's for minor repairs or major overhauls, this business has what you need to keep your car running smoothly without breaking the bank.
"I was able to get parts for my '96 Town & Country and save lots of money over a new part. The old parts serve me well for years. Highly recommend if you or close friend can help you install the parts."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Lehigh County, PA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Lehigh County, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Lehigh County, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Lehigh County, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Lehigh County, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Lehigh County, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Lehigh County, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
What types of parts can be found?
They usually have a wide variety of used and damaged vehicle parts available for sale, including engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, radiators, fenders, doors, hoods, and trunks. Junkyards may also have used tires, batteries, and other vehicle accessories available for sale.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Lehigh County, PA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.