💵 Want to sell your car in Lancaster County, PA?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Tri Town Auto Salvage & Dumpster rental
865 Milton Grove Rd, Mount Joy, PA 17552
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal towing service
This salvage yard wich operates in the city of Mount Joy (Pennsylvania), distributes a very qualified service to its buyers, providing attractive discounts but with the best quality and a vast variety of catalog. Contact them by: phone. In addition, you may read 3 thoughts left by other users.
"My 99 CRV finally bit the dust and didn’t want to bother with Marketplace or Craigslist. They were fast at getting back and to pick up my car. They even offered to pick it up where it sat..."
22. Temples Salvage Yard
2681 Noble Rd, Quarryville, PA 17566
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts towing service
The salvage yard you are looking here is wich operates close to Quarryville (Pennsylvania) and it's offering the highest quality vehicle spares to its potential visitors in the vicinity. In case you are aimed to inquire a quote for your junk auto or ask for a precise second-hand part, feel free to get in touch with them via phone. Additionally, you can read 3 thoughts left by other users.
"Older Gentleman who came to tow my vehicle was really nice and funny. Lady on the phone was very pleasant helpful and understanding. Would definitely do business with them again.???? Thank you …."
33. Turner's Towing & Salvage
158 Old Dam Rd, Christiana, PA 17509
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts towing service
Do you have sleeping in the garage a junk car or are you immersed in the search of second-hand spare parts suitable for your automobile? This directory advise you a visit to this salvage yard in Christiana, since it gathers an enormous supply. More information: The Turner's Towing & Salvage timetable info is not available, despite this you can check its web.Additionally, you can read 3 opinions left by our visitors.
"Great staff, the place is packed with cars for such a small area. I enjoyed walking through it. I found what I needed, the price was cheap. The staff even offered me tools to borrow if I didnt..."
44. Sahd Metal Recycling
1045 Lancaster Ave, Columbia, PA 17512
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
This junkyard situated close to the surroundings of Columbia (Pennsylvania), distributes a very efficient service to its purchasers, offering tremendous offers but with the highest quality and an extensive variety of inventory. Contact them by: phone. Other customers have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"It was a great pleasure to work with Sahd Metal. We received such a warm welcome from so many kind and helpful people! We had never seen a scrap recycling yard as clean as the one at Sahd, and..."
55. Lancaster Salvage Co
1058 N Plum St, Lancaster, PA 17601
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
This family-owned recycling center offers great customer service and a straightforward experience. Customers appreciate the friendly staff and convenient drop-off for various recyclable items, including metal and appliances. The place is highly praised for its welcoming atmosphere and efficient operations, making it a top choice for recycling needs.
"Super nice folks and no hassles dropping off washer and other metal. Wish I had known they were around years ago!."
66. State Line Salvage Inc.
2632 Robert Fulton Hwy, Peach Bottom, PA 17563
2.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
This salvage yard aims to offer a very specialized and capable service at incredible prices, gathering a large depht of inventory but without giving up the warranties demanded by its buyers. Users have the possibility to reach this company in the municipality of Peach Bottom (Pennsylvania). In addition, you may check 3 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"Chet and the guy’s here took care of me ! I needed a rear axle assembly for my son’s minivan. It was like a monsoon outside and they still got it out for me in under an hour. This place and..."
77. K&W Auto Salvage
788 Lauschtown Rd, Denver, PA 17517junkyard
This is one of the TOP junkyards in Denver and offers a wide catalog of spares for your car. Do not hesitate to visit them and ask their professional employees. Contact them by: phone.
88. Agreeable Auto Salvage
865 Milton Grove Rd, Mount Joy, PA 17552junkyard
Do you have sleeping in the garage a decrepit vehicle or are you aimed to find second hand spares suitable for your auto? We suggest to approach this salvage yard in Mount Joy, since it has an immense stock. This salvage yard business hours info is not available yet.
99. Gunzenhausers Auto Salvage & Recycling
6943 Division Hwy, Narvon, PA 17555junkyard
This salvage yard settled near the municipality of Narvon (Pennsylvania), offers a very qualified service to its customers, offering great discounts but with the highest quality and an immense breadth of catalog. Contact them by: phone.
1010. Luttrells Auto Salvage Incorporated
4207 Roush Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022junkyard
You can economize hundreds of dollars on the repairs of your beloved automobile by acquiring second-hand spare-parts with guarantee in this leading in Elizabethtown vicinity junkyard. Contact them by: phone.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Lancaster County, PA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Lancaster County, PA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Lancaster County, PA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Pennsylvania DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Lancaster County, PA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Lancaster County, PA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Lancaster County, PA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Lancaster County, PA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Lancaster County, PA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
What is a junkyard?
A junkyard is a business that buys and sells used and damaged vehicles and vehicle parts. Junkyards are also known as salvage yards or vehicle dismantlers.