11. Cash for Junk Cars | Pick-n-Pull
5806 Elliott Reeder Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76117
4/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Visit this salvage yard for a self-serve experience and find a large inventory of used car parts at competitive prices. The clean and organized yard makes it easy to browse through the inventory, and occasional big sales offer even more economical options. Plus, check out the selection of cash cars available for purchase.
"I'ma say this I like Pick-n-Pull but they charge you 2 bucks to get in. I accidentally left my key in the car I asked the guy for a clothes hanger or a locksmith number or can I use your phone..."more
22. All Import Auto Salvage
1500 Carson St, Fort Worth, TX 76117
4.5/5 - 4 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Whether you're a seasoned automotive expert or new to the world of car part replacement, this salvage yard is here to help. With decades of experience and a team that truly cares about customer satisfaction, you can trust that you're in good hands when you visit.
"I just want to say thanks to Cassie and the All Imports team. Cassie made me feel like I was covered when purchasing a radio for my Mini Cooper. I contacted her via the chat feature through..."more
33. J&E Scrap Metal
1301 NE 29th St, Fort Worth, TX 76106
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This family-owned recycling center has been praised for its fair exchange and helpful staff. Customers appreciate their professional and courteous employees, clean work environment, and efficient system that ensures speedy service. The morale displayed by the crew has left a positive impression on customers, making it a reliable choice for recycling needs.
"I've been doing business with J&E for years. The employees as well as the owners are professional and courteous. They operate a very clean work environment and have an efficient system that gets..."more
44. A Plus Auto Salvage
6813 Oak Crest Dr E, Fort Worth, TX 76140
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
This local salvage yard offers a wide selection of used parts, including hard-to-find items. Customers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to assist with finding the right part at a fair price. Whether you're looking for a specific car part or just browsing, this place is worth a visit.
"I was pleased to find the grille that I needed here after scouring all of the other yards in the area. I walked in and was greeted by the gentleman behind the counter. I told him what I was..."more
55. Northside Salvage & Scrap Metals
1300 NE 29th St, Fort Worth, TX 76106
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts auto buyer
Get the best value for your scrap metals at this local recycling center. The staff is friendly, helpful, and always available to assist customers. The organized and clean facility makes it a pleasant experience. You'll feel welcomed and appreciated whether you're a first-time customer or a regular seller.
"Absolute best place to sell your metals. I know this type of business isn't know to be the glamours type. But their facility was super clean and organized and the staff was all very friendly and..."more
66. Aztec Auto Salvage
6817 Oak Crest Dr E, Fort Worth, TX 76103
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts part installation service
Professional and straightforward, this auto wrecker offers fair prices and friendly service. Although they may not always have what you need in stock, customers praise the welcoming and accommodating staff.
"They didn’t have what I needed this time, but the woman behind the front desk was very pleasant and welcoming."more
77. Little John's Wrecking Yard
5601 Elliott Reeder Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76117
3.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
Stop by this local junkyard for top value on scrap metal and parts. Conveniently situated off Rufe Snow and 820, it's the perfect place to unload your old items and make some cash. With friendly service and fair pricing, it's a go-to spot for your recycling needs.
"Just like any other scrap yard.. Located in the most sus / sketch area with a bunch of run down looking neighboring businesses and shops. The road is kinda janky but that's to be expected. They..."more
88. Texas Industrial Scrap Iron
3800 N Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76106
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center offers a seamlessly experience for selling scrap materials. Customers appreciate the efficient and friendly service provided by the staff. The pricing for scrap is competitive and ensures a fair return on materials. Customers have been consistently satisfied with their experience at this place.
"Cada vez que voy a vender el metal me llevo una mejor impresión. He tenido negocios con ellos desde el 2018 y siempre me han pagado bien todo lo que he llevado. El trato es excelente por parte..."more
99. Dismantlers 2000
5700 Elliott Reeder Rd, Haltom City, TX 76117
3/5 - 4 reviewsjunkyard
Discover a vast array of used vehicle parts at this junkyard. They offer competitive pricing and have a large inventory to choose from. Their friendly staff is ready to assist you in finding the parts you need. Bring comfortable shoes and a cart, as their yard is extensive.
"Just tried to buy a steel wheel and a drivers mirror from these guys. They tried to charge me $200 for a used stock steel wheel and mirror that I would have to remove myself. I told the guy that..."more
1010. A & I Auto Recyclers
5223 Mansfield Hwy, Fort Worth, TX 76119junkyard
Looking to get rid of your old car and make some extra cash? This junkyard offers a convenient and eco-friendly solution for disposing of your vehicle. They accept all types of cars, trucks, and vans, and offer competitive prices for scrap metal. Whether you're a homeowner or a business owner, this is the place to go for easy car removal.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Hurst
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Hurst, TX?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Hurst, TX, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Hurst, TX DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Texas DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Hurst, TX?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Hurst, TX?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Hurst, TX?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Hurst, TX that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Hurst, TX may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
What happens to the parts of my car that cannot be sold?
The parts of your car that cannot be sold when you take them to a junkyard will typically be recycled or scrapped.
- Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.
- Scrapping is the process of breaking down metal into smaller pieces so that it can be melted down and reused.
Junkyards have a variety of ways to recycle and scrap car parts. Some have their own recycling and scrapping facilities, while others contract with other companies like auto wreckers to do this work.
Do they have a return or refund policy?
Yes, many have a return or refund policy, but it can vary from junkyard to junkyard. It is important to ask about their return and refund policy before you purchase a part.
Some may offer a full refund on parts that are returned within a certain period of time, while others may only offer a partial refund or a store credit. Some may also have restrictions on what parts can be returned, such as electrical parts or parts that have been installed.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.