11. Cash For Cars - Hampton
16 Nettles Ln suite b, Hampton, VA 23666
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
If you have an old, unused vehicle taking up space in your garage or driveway, this auto wrecker offers a straightforward solution. No need to wait weeks for a fair price or worry about communication issues; they provide quick quotes, speedy response times, and same-day payment upon pickup. A straightforward and convenient way to get rid of that unwanted car.
"After dealing with a couple weeks of a headache trying to get a fair price AND communication from businesses, I finally felt hopeful with Cash For Cars. Super easy and text communication about..."more
22. Quality Cores Recycling
200 Baptist Rd, Yorktown, VA 23690
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts junk car removal
If you're looking for top-quality used auto parts in the Hampton Roads Virginia area, you're in luck! Quality Cores is the place to go. They offer a wide selection of reliable parts and provide fast response in auto removal. Their professional and honest service makes them the best choice for clearing out old vehicles or selling scrap.
"Quality Cores is hands down the best little scrapyard in the Hampton Roads Virginia area, I've worked at other yards so trust me these guys are actually Honest! I had 10 acres of JUNK to clear off..."more
33. Johnson's Mustang and Truck Parts
4513 Bainbridge Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320
3.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Explore a self-serve salvage yard with a vast selection of used parts for all kinds of vehicles. You can easily find what you need without having to wait for assistance. Discover great deals and save money on high-quality auto parts.
"Great place, had to search around a little but had just what I needed at a great price. I’ll definitely be back, just make sure you have time to look around."more
44. Rudy's Truck & Auto Parts, LLC
5117 Bainbridge Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto, truck & classic car parts self service
Visit our self-serve salvage yard for a wide selection of used parts from newer models to classics. Our friendly staff is always ready to assist you in finding what you need. With an extensive inventory, we pride ourselves on being a key location for hard-to-find parts.
"Only yard in town that had what I needed, & more than 1 of them to boot. From what I saw, there's a selection from newer models to classics. Staff was extremely helpful & polite. Not as neat as..."more
55. Bryant Motorsports Used Auto Parts Aka Parts Barn
1327 Portsmouth Blvd, Suffolk, VA 23434
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Conveniently located, this salvage yard offers a self-serve option for those looking for used car parts. Customers can access and remove parts from the available cars using their own tools at a reasonable price. The staff is accommodating and will assist in finding needed parts if not available on-site.
"Very easy accessible location, the cars that are available to remove parts from our right at your disposal, you do have to bring your own tools to remove the part that you want to purchase. The..."more
66. Hosier Daddy Metals LLC DBA Suffolk Recycling Center
1177 Hosier Rd, Suffolk, VA 23434
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
This self-serve junkyard provides a wide selection of used parts at competitive pricing. Customers can quickly cross the scale and cash out with ease. The friendly staff is always ready to assist, and the honest pricing makes it a top choice for sourcing economical automotive components.
"Offers very good and competitive pricing, quick and easy from crossing the scale to cash out. Always a smiling face waiting for you. 10/10 recommended."more
77. Big Boy Toys
540b Richneck Rd, Newport News, VA 23608
4.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts part installation service
With a vast inventory of used cars and auto parts, this junkyard is the perfect place to find economical replacement parts for your vehicle. Their knowledgeable staff can help you locate the exact part you need, saving you both time and money. Whether you're a car enthusiast or just looking for a cost-effective solution, this place has got you covered.
"Great auto repair, reasonable prices. Tony is a knowledgeable mechanic and provides excellent service on your car. He was able to determine and fix both my car and my daughter's car. He also did..."more
88. Foss Recycling
4825 Station House Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23321
4/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
This junkyard offers excellent customer service and a friendly staff, making it a go-to option for all your auto needs. With years of positive customer feedback, this place is known for its great service and pleasant staff. Whether you need used car parts or want to sell your old vehicle, this business has got you covered.
"Heather offered excellent customer service to myself and my family over the last 3 years. I would highly recommend coming here for all of your auto needs. Friendly staff is a plus!!!."more
99. Old Dominion Metals And Recycling
1618 W Pembroke Ave, Hampton, VA 23661
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center provides timely and polite service, offering fair prices for recyclable items such as catalytic converters. The helpful team is committed to providing a positive experience for all customers, and their convenient location makes it easy to access their services. Friendly staff and fair dealings make this a reliable choice for recycling needs.
"EDIT-( Changing my review from a 4 star to 5 star because their customer service is outstanding. They kindly explained to me how to discern for myself on the type of converter I had and were..."more
1010. Public Scrap
2050 W Pembroke Ave, Hampton, VA 23661
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
In search of a reliable recycling center that offers custom metal cutting services? This business provides top-notch metal cutting services at an economical price. With a strong reputation for excellent customer service, they ensure your metal is cut to the exact specifications you need.Stop by and see why customers rave about their exceptional service!
"It's like any other recycling center. As per usual the prices fluctuate and regularly: it's not the center's fault for the prices changing. A suggestion...if you wanna take the time to leave..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Hampton
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Hampton, VA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Hampton, VA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Hampton, VA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Virginia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Hampton, VA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Hampton, VA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Hampton, VA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Hampton, VA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Hampton, VA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.