11. Junk My Car Cincinnati
7413 Lebanon St, Cincinnati, OH 45216
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowauto wrecker junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker provides fast and convenient car removal services, offering cash payment on the spot. With a focus on friendly and efficient service, they ensure the process of getting rid of your old vehicle is straightforward and quick. Their flexibility and fair pricing leave customers satisfied with their experience.
"The experience couldn’t of been better. The employees are super nice. They came and picked up my car the same day and paid cash. I recommend this company for people who don’t want to jump..."more
22. Buying Junk Cars & Removal
1017 Summer St, Hamilton, OH 45013
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal towing service
Get rid of your old, junk car smoothly with the professional auto wrecker services. Whether your vehicle is no longer running or taking up space, this business will respond quickly and pay a fair price for your vehicle. With friendly and careful service, they will remove your car without damaging your property.
"They showed up when they said they would. Were very careful not to damage my property, paid the agreed amount in cash, and worked diligently until my old Land Rover Discovery, which had been..."more
33. White City Auto
2400 Bobmeyer Rd, Hamilton, OH 45015
5/5 - 4 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Whether you're in need of new or rebuilt parts for your vehicle, this family-owned salvage yard has got you covered. With a friendly and personal atmosphere, they aim to provide first-class service to each and every customer. From tires to rims and everything in between, you can count on them to have what you need.
"White City is great. Family owned. Good dudes. Bought some wheels and tires and one wheel had rust embedded from bad caliper or whatever.. They cleaned it with rim cleaner and made it perfect..."more
44. Auto Disposal of NKY
KY-237, Hebron, KY 41048
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
Looking to get rid of an old car taking up space in your yard? You're in the right place! With flexible and reliable service, this junkyard is the perfect solution for smoothly car removal. Their polite and understanding team will have your eyesore gone within 24 hours, providing quick and efficient service.
"This is the place to call if you’re trying to get rid of a car, he was polite understanding patient and took care of each and every one of my concerns questions and goals with this car. Gave me..."more
55. H&G Hauling Junk Removal
321 Garfield St, Middletown, OH 45044
4/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
With high-quality junk car removal services, this junkyard accommodates all types of vehicles, regardless of their condition. Customers can expect efficient and professional towing services for their old or damaged cars, alongside competitive prices and easy transactions. The experienced team ensures a smooth process from start to finish, making it a key location for anyone in need of junk car removal.
"I originally had junk removed from an apartment. I was more than satisfied with the service provided. So much so I hired him to move some items to a nearby storage unit. Reliable and efficient."more
66. Garden Street Iron & Metal, Inc.
2815 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45225
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts self service
Get cash for your scrap metals at this self-serve junkyard with a friendly team. The quick and easy unloading process makes it seamlessly. Located in a scenic area, you'll enjoy the drive to the facility.
"Been going to Garden Street for 20 years. They always pay more for common scrap like steel and copper. Its quick and easy to unload. The people are very nice. No BS like at other yards (CROOKhens..."more
77. David Hirschberg Steel & Recycling Center
211 Longworth St, Cincinnati, OH 45215
4/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
At the recycling center, customers can expect helpful staff and a wide variety of materials for all kinds of projects. Whether you are recycling old metal shelving or looking for materials for your latest DIY venture, this place is the perfect spot to find what you need.
"Friendly staff, I usually find everything I need for my projects, I definitely recommend it.???? You can see some pictures of the taco stand I built with the materials I found at this place, also..."more
88. Cohen Recycling - Norwood
5038 Beech St, Cincinnati, OH 45212
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center offers the best prices for your materials and is known for its knowledgeable and friendly staff. You'll be in and out with cash on the spot, and receive a high level of service even at the end of the day. Their employees are always informative and willing to help you with unloading while guiding you through the process.
"I had a trunk load of older electronics and miscellaneous scrap metal that I've been collecting thru the years. Chris, the employee, who helped me was very friendly and informative when I asked..."more
99. Cincinnati junk cars for cash/sella junk car in cincinnati/no title required
4166 Webster Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45212
5/5 - 2 reviewsauto wrecker
This auto wrecker is known for their transparency and prompt service. Customers appreciate the upfront pricing and quick turnaround, with same-day cash payment for their vehicles.
"True to their price they gave me over the phone!."more
1010. River Metals Recycling
1951 State Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45204
4.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
The recycling center provides a welcoming and efficient service, with friendly staff at the scale window and in the yard. Some customers have noted that one staff member could improve their customer service skills, but overall, the center offers a positive experience for those looking to responsibly dispose of their recyclable materials.
"Pretty alright spot to go if you set up a personal/business account- benefit with better pricing. Staff is friendly, indoor drive-in lines not usually bad. Pretty cool directions on how-to/where..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Hamilton
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Hamilton, OH?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Hamilton, OH, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Ohio Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Hamilton, OH DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Ohio DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Hamilton, OH?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What are the advantages of buying junkyard parts?
There are several advantages, including:
- Cost: They are typically much cheaper than new parts. This can save you a lot of money on car repairs.
- Availability: Junkyards have a wide variety of parts available, including parts for older and less common vehicles. This can be helpful if you are looking for a part that is difficult to find elsewhere.
- Environmental benefits: Buying junkyard parts helps to reduce waste and conserve resources. When you buy a junkyard part, you are essentially recycling a part that would otherwise be scrapped.
- Quality: They can be just as good as new parts, especially if they are inspected carefully before purchase. Many junkyards also offer a warranty on their parts, so you can be sure that you are getting a quality product.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
What should I do if I get injured at a junkyard?
If you get injured at a junkyard, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if necessary. Once you are safe, you should also take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the junkyard owner or manager. This will help them to investigate the accident and take steps to prevent future accidents.
- Document the accident. This includes taking photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company may be able to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options.
How can I report an illegal junkyard?
To report an illegal junkyard, you can contact the following authorities:
- Local law enforcement: Illegal junkyards may violate local zoning ordinances or environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- State environmental agency: Illegal junkyards may also violate state environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your state’s environmental agency.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA is responsible for enforcing federal environmental laws. You can report an illegal junkyard to the EPA’s hotline at 1-800-424-9346.
When you report an illegal junkyard, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the junkyard
- The types of vehicles and parts that are stored at the junkyard
- Any observed violations of local, state, or federal laws
- Any other relevant information
You may also want to take photos or videos of the junkyard to support your report.
The authorities will investigate your report and take appropriate action. This may include issuing a warning to the junkyard owner, requiring the junkyard to clean up the site, or even shutting down the junkyard.
It is important to report illegal junkyards because they can pose a number of risks to the environment and public health. Illegal junkyards may store hazardous materials, such as gasoline and oil, which can leak into the ground and contaminate groundwater. Illegal junkyards may also attract pests and rodents, which can spread disease.
Are there any risks associated with visiting a junkyard?
There are a number of risks associated with visiting a junkyard, including:
- Cuts and scrapes from sharp metal edges
- Injuries from falling objects
- Exposure to hazardous materials, such as gasoline, oil, and battery acid
- Dog bites
- Vehicle accidents
What clothing and footwear should be worn when visiting a junkyard?
It is important to wear comfortable clothing and footwear when visiting a junkyard. You should also wear clothing that will protect you from dirt, grease, and sharp metal edges. It is a good idea to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.