💵 Want to sell your car in Dekalb County, GA?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Hallelujah Junk Auto Remove & Auto Glass
2092 Countydown Ln, Stone Mountain 30088junkyard
Are you the owner of a decrepit car or are you aimed to find used spare-parts compatible with your auto? We suggest to approach this salvage yard in Stone Mountain, since it owns an immense inventory. This salvage yard timetable information is not available, despite this you have the option to check its website.
22. Cash 4 Damaged Cars Decatur
3291 Creekway Ln, Decatur, GA 30034
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard junk car removal
Are you the owner of a junk vehicle or are you aimed to find used spare parts for your automobile? This site advise you to approach this junkyard in Decatur, since it gathers a vast inventory. This company schedule information cannot be found but you have the possibility to check its web.In addition, you can check 3 opinions left by other users.
"Johnathan was a pleasure to speak with. His guys came out quickly and got the job done! They were professional and proficient. I will definitely be giving them a call in the future. I wonder if I..."
33. Dollars 4 Junk Car
2425 Columbia Dr, Decatur, GA 30032
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
This salvage yard aims to deliver a very professional service at good prices, gathering a giant variety of supply but without giving up the guarantees requested by its purchasers. You can locate this business in the town of Decatur (Georgia). This business has been rated 1 times by our users.
"I got a good price for my car."
4426 covington hwy decatur, Decatur, GA 30035junkyard
This junkyard settled near the city of Decatur (Georgia), provides a very specialized and efficient service to its purchasers, providing attractive discounts but without giving up the highest quality and a generous diversity of inventory. Contact them by: phone.
55. Dekalb Junk Cars 4 Cash
245 Glen Hollow Ln apt 1, Decatur, GA 30034
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard junk car removal
It's easy to avoid wasting hundreds of dollars on the repairs of your well-liked car by purchasing second hand spares without giving up the necessary warranties in this well-known in Decatur vicinity salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. This business has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"This company is so amazing. They were more than fair in giving me what I wanted for my car without trying to get over. They showed up really quick the transaction took less than 5 minutes. I..."
66. More Cash for Junk Cars Atlanta
2755 S Stone Mountain Lithonia Rd C-3, Lithonia, GA 30058
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker towing service
This is one of the best junkyards in Lithonia and delivers a wide catalog of parts for your car. Do not hesitate to visit them and consult their professional employees. Contact them by: phone. Other customers have left 3 reviews about this business.
"Rashad took good care of us. He was very easy to get a hold of and very quick. He even came and towed our vehicle for us, same day. Negotiating with him was easy, and I feel he gave us a fair..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Dekalb County, GA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Dekalb County, GA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Dekalb County, GA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Georgia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Dekalb County, GA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Dekalb County, GA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Dekalb County, GA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
What types of parts can be found?
They usually have a wide variety of used and damaged vehicle parts available for sale, including engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, radiators, fenders, doors, hoods, and trunks. Junkyards may also have used tires, batteries, and other vehicle accessories available for sale.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.