11. Lemont Scrap Processing Ltd
16229 New Ave, Lemont, IL 60439
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal
Trying to find economic, self-serve used auto parts? Visit our salvage yard. With an organized layout and helpful staff, you'll have no issues finding what you need. Take advantage of our history-filled Easter egg hunt during your next visit. Our yard has been a go-to for many loyal customers over the years.
"No issues get in and out. They have a clear shot to get at the scale. The usually have employees outside to direct you to where you can dump your scrap. There's also a cool Easter egg if you want..."more
22. Valley Auto Wreckers
610 Hill Ave, Aurora, IL 60505
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts shipping available
For those in need of used parts for their vehicles, this salvage yard is a reliable option. Customers have expressed satisfaction with the fast delivery of the needed part, such as a LF door mirror assembly for a Volvo S60. With positive feedback regarding their wide variety of car parts and quick service, it's clear this salvage yard is a go-to for many car owners.
"I needed a LF door mirror assembly for a Volvo S60. Spoke with Jany and had the mirror in 2 days as promised. Definitely recommend."more
33. Ashley's Buys Junk Cars
1102 Collins St, Joliet, IL 60432
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Come to this self-serve junkyard for a wide variety of used car parts. With consistent and fair pricing, you won't find any entry fees or hidden charges here. Their impressive selection of makes and models ensures that you'll find what you need, whether it's a steering wheel wrap or tools for sale.
"Way better than joliets u pull it. Best junk yard prices in town!!! I have gotten so many parts for my car there. Wing for 15$ weather tech floors matts for 15$. Side skirts,bolts..."more
44. SMB Auto Wrecking, Cash for Junk Cars & Trucks
1175 Mitchell Rd, Aurora, IL 60505
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker has built a strong reputation for their efficient and professional service. Customers have praised the owner for fair pricing and helpful assistance in getting their vehicles picked up or towed. With a track record of happy customers, this company comes highly recommended for all your auto wrecking needs.
"Pleasure dealing with owner operator Steve; this gentleman came out and gave my best friend a fair shake on scrapping his car with a failed transmission... ON MEMORIAL DAY NONETHELESS!!!!! I..."more
55. City Auto Wreckers
690 McClure Rd, Aurora, IL 60502
4.2/5 - 6 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Discover a wide selection of used parts at your convenience. This professional junkyard offers great customer service, ensuring that everything is clean and organized for an efficient and pleasant experience. Friendly staff are ready to assist customers and provide the parts needed quickly and easily.
"Simply outstanding. You're done looking, use these guys. Junk militia helped my family through a rough patch. My mother died, we had a house filled with garbage that required demo and..."more
66. Curtis Towing & Cash For Junk Cars
417 S Highland Ave, Aurora, IL 60506
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
This auto wrecker is known for their professional, efficient, and reliable service. They go above and beyond to handle tough jobs with finesse, ensuring a easy experience for their customers. Whether it's a junk car or heavy equipment, they provide fast and fair payment while delivering prompt service to meet their clients' needs.
"Curtis went above and beyond for us. He was extremely professional, courteous and efficient. Our job ended up being much more complicated than normal, but he didn’t even ask for more money!..."more
77. Todo Auto Wrecking
1044 Dearborn Ave, Aurora, IL 60505
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
The junkyard is known for its extensive collection of auto parts, making it a go-to destination for car enthusiasts and mechanics alike. The knowledgeable and friendly staff are always on hand to help customers find the right part for their vehicle. With a wide selection of used and refurbished parts, customers can rely on the business to provide affordable solutions for their automotive needs.
"Good people good parts."more
88. Joliet U-Pull-It
1014 E Washington St, Joliet, IL 60433
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
When you're looking for a reliable salvage yard, look no further. This business offers excellent service and fair deals, making it the ideal place to sell your vehicle or find quality auto parts. The friendly and helpful staff go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction.
"The young man Luis per the receipt was very helpful, and kind. Since so many employees everywhere dont seem to care about anyone or anything anymore, I’ve decided to leave reviews for those that..."more
99. Crusher Auto Wrecking The
419 S Reed St, Joliet, IL 60436
5/5 - 1 reviewsauto wrecker
They provide professional auto wrecking services for all makes and models of vehicles. Whether you are looking to sell your old car or need parts for a repair, they have a wide selection of second-hand parts in very good shape at economic prices. Their knowledgeable staff is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that you find what you need.
1010. Southwest Auto Salvage
3451 S State St, Lockport, IL 60441
3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
This junkyard specializes in providing a wide variety of used parts, including hard-to-find items that are no longer available at dealerships or parts stores. The friendly and efficient staff are dedicated to helping customers locate the exact parts they need, offering fast shipping and competitive pricing.
"I spoke with Trisha (sp?) to try to find a bracket that I couldn’t find at any dealership or parts store in the country… I couldn’t even find it on eBay. She was so pleasant to deal with..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Bolingbrook
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Bolingbrook, IL?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Bolingbrook, IL, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Bolingbrook, IL DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Illinois DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Bolingbrook, IL?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
How can I report an illegal junkyard?
To report an illegal junkyard, you can contact the following authorities:
- Local law enforcement: Illegal junkyards may violate local zoning ordinances or environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- State environmental agency: Illegal junkyards may also violate state environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your state’s environmental agency.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA is responsible for enforcing federal environmental laws. You can report an illegal junkyard to the EPA’s hotline at 1-800-424-9346.
When you report an illegal junkyard, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the junkyard
- The types of vehicles and parts that are stored at the junkyard
- Any observed violations of local, state, or federal laws
- Any other relevant information
You may also want to take photos or videos of the junkyard to support your report.
The authorities will investigate your report and take appropriate action. This may include issuing a warning to the junkyard owner, requiring the junkyard to clean up the site, or even shutting down the junkyard.
It is important to report illegal junkyards because they can pose a number of risks to the environment and public health. Illegal junkyards may store hazardous materials, such as gasoline and oil, which can leak into the ground and contaminate groundwater. Illegal junkyards may also attract pests and rodents, which can spread disease.
What should I do if I get injured at a junkyard?
If you get injured at a junkyard, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if necessary. Once you are safe, you should also take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the junkyard owner or manager. This will help them to investigate the accident and take steps to prevent future accidents.
- Document the accident. This includes taking photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company may be able to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options.
Are there any risks associated with visiting a junkyard?
There are a number of risks associated with visiting a junkyard, including:
- Cuts and scrapes from sharp metal edges
- Injuries from falling objects
- Exposure to hazardous materials, such as gasoline, oil, and battery acid
- Dog bites
- Vehicle accidents