💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Peacock Auto Salvage
919 GA-49, Macon, GA 31211
5/5 - 6 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto, truck & classic car parts shipping available
Seeking economic used auto parts? This salvage yard offers a large inventory of recycled auto and truck parts at competitive prices. With over 25 years of experience, they can ship parts nationwide via U.P.S. and other shipping companies. Find what you need and enjoy friendly, professional service.
"Every time I go there to get something it's there. I have had many different types of cars and they have had parts for all, even tires with rims for the car I needed them for. The prices be..."more
22. Kitchens Wrecker Services
4904 Jeffersonville Rd, Macon, GA 31217
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowauto wrecker towing service
This auto wrecker provides quick and professional towing services for big rigs, as well as theft retrieval. Customers appreciate their caring and responsive approach, making them a reliable choice for vehicle towing and recovery.
"Great group here! No I'm not family! I got treated like I was though. Had my big rig towed twice now. They were quick and decently priced. Most of all the tech was a professional."more
33. BeGREEN RECYCLING LLC
5607 Hawkinsville Rd, Macon, GA 31216
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts
This family-owned recycling center is known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Customers appreciate the personable service and quick turnaround times. The staff members are always ready to assist and ensure a positive experience for everyone, even allowing pets to accompany their owners inside.
"I absolutely love this place. The owner is always so friendly and his staff Bobby. Treat you like family and they move very quickly so they get your money and out."more
44. Radius Recycling
950 Lower Poplar Rd, Macon, GA 31201
3.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center offers quick and friendly service, even close to closing time. The staff provides assistance unloading scrap and ensures a prompt payment. Customers appreciate the courteous service, making the experience efficient and positive. Plus, a sweet touch with peppermints included!
"We moved from Fl and called around to find the best prices in Macon, Schnitzer had the highest rates. Everytime time I call, Gina answers the phone politely and takes time to accommodate me in..."more
55. Aluminum Recycling Center
950 Lower Poplar Rd, Macon, GA 31201
5/5 - 2 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center is known for its friendly staff and efficient operation. Customers appreciate the pleasant service and helpful employees. The facility is well-maintained, and visitors are always greeted with a smile. The equipment is operated by skilled professionals who ensure a smooth process for all.
"I love this place! They are always pleasant and so nice to me. Jacque I love her ???? and my two favorite guys who always smile when we ride to the back they face light up that place..."more
66. SA Recycling
4460 Broadway, Macon, GA 31206
2.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts
When it comes to recycling, this center is known for its friendly and helpful staff. Customers consistently have positive experiences and mention specific employees who go above and beyond to assist them. This dedication to great customer service sets this recycling center apart from the rest.
"I always have a positive experience here! Friendly workers. Maurice is THE best! He was super helpful!."more
77. Peacock's Recycling
4040 Lazy Ln, Macon, GA 31217
2.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center
This recycling center provides a helpful and supportive environment for individuals looking to properly dispose of their recyclable materials. The staff at the center offers guidance and assistance throughout the process, ensuring that customers are informed and comfortable with the recycling procedures. Their commitment to creating a positive experience makes it easy for customers to collaborate in making a positive environmental impact.
"They were really helpful to us. They could tell we didn't know where to go or what to do so they guided us every step of the way. They also could tell we were willing to do whatever they asked..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Bibb County, GA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Bibb County, GA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Bibb County, GA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Bibb County, GA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Georgia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Bibb County, GA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Bibb County, GA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Bibb County, GA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
What types of parts can be found?
They usually have a wide variety of used and damaged vehicle parts available for sale, including engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, radiators, fenders, doors, hoods, and trunks. Junkyards may also have used tires, batteries, and other vehicle accessories available for sale.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.