11. Brothers Auto Salvage
5511 State Rte 150, Steeleville, IL 62288
39.2 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts junk car removal
This is one of the best junkyards in Steeleville and provides a wide range of spares for your car. Do not hesitate give them a visit and consult their professional employees. Contact them by: phone. Other visitors have left 3 thoughts about this salvage yard.
"Brothers auto salvage is great with setting expectations as far as timing and very respectful, having guys show up at your house to make a purchase can put you on edge. But, as my character is..."more
22. Steffen's Salvage Yard
1641 Wade Rd, Pacific, MO 63069
40.5 miles 4.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts self service junk car removal
Seeking economic used auto parts? Take a look at this self-serve salvage yard! With a wide selection of parts for various makes and models, this place offers great value and customer service. Whether you need to replace a damaged part or are looking for a budget-friendly alternative, this business has got you covered.
"Very nice people!! Very reasonable prices, Helpful, and willing to work with you and what you can afford. I ended up getting the wrong part(my fault) and they took the part back no questions..."more
33. Sparta Salvage & Recycling
806 Industrial Dr, Sparta, IL 62286
30.7 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts self service
Interested users have the opportunity to visit this junkyard close to the neighborhood of the municipality of Sparta (Illinois). Its main business model is the marketing of auto spares with the lowest prices in the surroundings and with all the guarantees that you may expect. In case you are aimed to reach them, you can achieve it this way: phone. Additionally, you can check 3 thoughts left by other users.
"Quick and easy recycling trip. Had a full dual axle trailer and was done with weighing and unloading in less than 20 minutes. The guy on the crane could probably pick a quarter up with the jaws he..."more
44. Junk Brothers
27 Missouri Ave, Alton, IL 62002
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts
This salvage yard offers a wide selection of used parts for various makes and models. Customers praise the helpful staff and their knowledge of the inventory. With a focus on customer service and availability of parts, this salvage yard is a top choice for vehicle owners in need of cheap replacement parts.
"Highly recommend, probably the best salvage yard in the metro east. Good variety of makes and models. Staff was good and helpful."more
55. MAW Salvage
1020 Fosterburg Rd, Brighton, IL 62012
33.8 miles 5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
If you are in the search for the best used parts near the Brighton neighborhood, this salvage yard can be a good pick to purchase them at a low price. Feel free to get in touch with them using: phone. The MAW Salvage timetable info cannot be found, however, you can visit its website.This company has been voted 3 times by previous users.
"Took in a load of aluminum, steel and miscellaneous items. Got a fair price and they helped unload."more
66. Mick's Auto Body
656 IL-127, Greenville, IL 62246
40 miles 4.2/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts towing service
It's easy to avoid wasting large amounts of money on the reparation of your prized auto by purchasing second-hand spares without giving up the expected warranties in this popular in Greenville area salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. Other visitors have left 5 thoughts about this business.
"Just want to give credit where it's due. I'm from the Chicago area, and my daughter was traveling alone down I-70 near Pocahontas back to college on Sunday, 2/15/15, and the vehicle died..."more
77. Alton Materials
15 Hull Ln, Alton, IL 62002
3.3/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center has a dedicated team that goes above and beyond to provide a seamless and efficient experience for all customers. They offer a wide range of recycling services, from paper and plastic to electronics and metal. With their commitment to sustainability, they make it easy for the community to do their part in preserving the environment.
"First time there, went to take aluminum cans. Wasn't sure what to do or where to go. The guys were nice and helpful. The window to get money, would have be nice if there was a speaker instead of..."more
88. Grapperhaus Metal Co
20521 County Rd 730 E, Highland, IL 62249
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer
This scrap metal dealer offers competitive prices for various types of scrap metal, including aluminum cans. Customers appreciate the friendly service and quick process. Those with large amounts of scrap metal also benefit from the efficient weighing system to ensure accurate pricing. The ideal solution for the best prices in the area.
"Really nice, they take a lot of scrap metal. Great set up of you have lot. Get weighed before and after. This way the know how much you brought."more
99. Fenton Auto Salvage
6650 Treasure Dr, House Springs, MO 63051
32.9 miles 5/5 - 3 reviews open nowsalvage yard used auto parts
Need a reliable salvage yard for economic car parts? Look no further! With a friendly staff and great prices, this business has a wide selection of cars to browse through. Customers appreciate the honest and down-to-earth service, making it a go-to place for car parts at reasonable prices.
"This is the BEST yard i have ever been to! These are some AWESOME,HONEST and DOWN TO EARTH people. Prices are GREAT! Thank you guys many times over have saved my butt from ridiculous prices and..."more
1010. Bloomsdale Recycling
9675 State Rte DD, Bloomsdale, MO 63627
36.3 miles 5/5 - 3 reviews open nowrecycling center
In case you are in the task of looking for the best second hand spare parts in the Bloomsdale neighborhood, this junkyard could be a great election to obtain them at a great price. You can contact them via: phone. Additional information: The Bloomsdale Recycling business hours info cannot be found, however, you can visit its website.This company has been voted 3 times by previous users.
"I have been doing all of my business with them ever since they opened. It may not be very often that I can accumulate enough stuff to haul in, but even so, they have always been nice..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Belleville
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Belleville, IL?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Belleville, IL, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Belleville, IL DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Illinois DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Belleville, IL?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What are the advantages of buying junkyard parts?
There are several advantages, including:
- Cost: They are typically much cheaper than new parts. This can save you a lot of money on car repairs.
- Availability: Junkyards have a wide variety of parts available, including parts for older and less common vehicles. This can be helpful if you are looking for a part that is difficult to find elsewhere.
- Environmental benefits: Buying junkyard parts helps to reduce waste and conserve resources. When you buy a junkyard part, you are essentially recycling a part that would otherwise be scrapped.
- Quality: They can be just as good as new parts, especially if they are inspected carefully before purchase. Many junkyards also offer a warranty on their parts, so you can be sure that you are getting a quality product.
What types of parts can be found?
They usually have a wide variety of used and damaged vehicle parts available for sale, including engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, radiators, fenders, doors, hoods, and trunks. Junkyards may also have used tires, batteries, and other vehicle accessories available for sale.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
How can I report an illegal junkyard?
To report an illegal junkyard, you can contact the following authorities:
- Local law enforcement: Illegal junkyards may violate local zoning ordinances or environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- State environmental agency: Illegal junkyards may also violate state environmental regulations. You can report the junkyard to your state’s environmental agency.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA is responsible for enforcing federal environmental laws. You can report an illegal junkyard to the EPA’s hotline at 1-800-424-9346.
When you report an illegal junkyard, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the junkyard
- The types of vehicles and parts that are stored at the junkyard
- Any observed violations of local, state, or federal laws
- Any other relevant information
You may also want to take photos or videos of the junkyard to support your report.
The authorities will investigate your report and take appropriate action. This may include issuing a warning to the junkyard owner, requiring the junkyard to clean up the site, or even shutting down the junkyard.
It is important to report illegal junkyards because they can pose a number of risks to the environment and public health. Illegal junkyards may store hazardous materials, such as gasoline and oil, which can leak into the ground and contaminate groundwater. Illegal junkyards may also attract pests and rodents, which can spread disease.
What should I do if I get injured at a junkyard?
If you get injured at a junkyard, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if necessary. Once you are safe, you should also take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the junkyard owner or manager. This will help them to investigate the accident and take steps to prevent future accidents.
- Document the accident. This includes taking photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company may be able to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options.
Are there any risks associated with visiting a junkyard?
There are a number of risks associated with visiting a junkyard, including:
- Cuts and scrapes from sharp metal edges
- Injuries from falling objects
- Exposure to hazardous materials, such as gasoline, oil, and battery acid
- Dog bites
- Vehicle accidents