11. Anton Junicic Ent. Inc.
776 3rd Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal towing service
Get the used parts you need quickly and easily at Anton Junicic. This self-serve junkyard has built a strong reputation for reliability and professional service since 1995. This business always delivers excellent, second-hand parts in very good shape to all their customers promptly and at an cost-effective price.
"I had an old junk vehicle that needed to be removed. I initially contemplated donating to one of the various “charities” that specifically towed away old cars and while providing a tax..."more
22. Ray's Auto Wreckers
10 Center St, Jersey City, NJ 07302
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
They offer quick and professional car removal service. Customers have praised their responsiveness and efficiency. Whether you need to get rid of an old car or find used auto parts, this junkyard will provide a seamless experience.
"Called to see if my car could get picked up and they were here within 15 minutes. Couldn't ask for a more seamless experience which only took 2 minutes to just sign over title and get paid in..."more
33. Junk Cars,Cash for Junk car,Junk Trucks
116 E Colfax Ave, Roselle Park, NJ 07204
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
Trying to find a reliable junkyard to take that old car off your hands? This place offers fast and easy pickup, with great customer service. You can expect fair prices and timely removal of your vehicle. Whether it's an abandoned car or just unwanted scrap, this business has got you covered.
"Had an EXCELLENT experience with this company and I highly recommend! Very friendly and arrived on time! He took extra precautions not to ruin my driveway removing my car."more
44. Ace Auto Salvage
34 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
Find good condition used parts at this family-owned salvage yard. With a friendly and knowledgeable owner, customers receive helpful information and assistance in finding the right parts. Don't miss the chance to visit this junkyard for all your salvage needs. You won't be disappointed with the service and selection available.
"A nice family owned junkyard. The owner even takes the time out of her day to provide different phone numbers for buying parts, since ACE does not sell parts. I was blown away when she continued..."more
55. Express Junk Car Towing Llc
353 Coit St, Irvington, NJ 07111
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal
If you're looking to get rid of an old vehicle, look no further than this auto wrecker. They offer fair and competitive pricing, with no hassle or haggling involved. Customers praise the team for being personable, respectful, and easy to work with. And if you're in need of auto parts, they are known for having a wide selection available and being willing to work with customers on pricing.
"I’ve been trying to get rid of my Mercedes ML430 for sometime now and kept getting low-balled by other companies regarding price. Express junk gave me an awesome price! The driver came and gave..."more
66. Rays Auto Wreckers
448 Grand Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
The junkyard offers a wide variety of car parts at reasonable prices. Customers are impressed with the helpful and knowledgeable staff, as well as the availability of hard-to-find items. Whether you need a specific part or just want to browse through old cars, this is the place to visit for all your automotive needs.
Awesome People! Great selections!
"A hard to find nowadays gem!! My son was able to walk up to various cars and ask questions, the owners were awesome and answered them all. All of the prices were reasonable. I will be returning..."more
77. Junked In The USA
66 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
5/5 - 1 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal
Need to get rid of your old car or unwanted scrap metal? Consider this local junkyard! Conveniently located in the heart of the city, they offer easy and efficient disposal services for all types of junk. Say goodbye to clutter and hello to a clean space with their seamlessly solutions.
"Angela is awesome! Junked in the usa is a easy and great way to dispose of you junk or un wanted cars!."more
88. D & D Salvage Scrap Metal Dealers
85 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10009
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
Looking to get rid of scrap metal in lower Manhattan? Take a look at this reputable scrap metal dealer. Known for their great prices and superior customer service, they are the go-to choice for many businesses in the area. With easy communication and pick-up services, they make the process as painless as possible.
"D & D Salvage Corp provided a fabulous service for our company. Joe & especially Tom were extremely helpful and made a painful process as easy as it could be. I am looking forward to working..."more
99. Dewland Auto Parts
1710 Tonnelle Ave, North Bergen, NJ 07047
4.3/5 - 3 reviewsauto body shop used auto parts
With an extensive inventory of auto parts for any make and model, this auto body shop has the part you need. Offering exceptional customer service, the friendly and knowledgeable team is ready to help with all your car repair needs. Call or email to find out more about their vast selection of options.
"Words cannot describe how thankful I am towards Mike. Certainly I do not know why some reviews are bad. Mike sounds a little strong when first contacting but does have a good heart and strict by..."more
1010. County Auto Wreckers
27 County Rd, Jersey City, NJ 07307
3/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
Are you looking to get rid of your scrap metal and earn some extra cash? This local scrap metal dealer offers a convenient and efficient service to quickly process your metals and provide fair compensation. The friendly staff ensures a smooth transaction, making it smoothly for customers to unload their precious metals and walk away with money in hand.
"Went there today, Paul is very nice (the guy at the window), took care of me quick, dropped my load, took my precious metals in the back to be weighed out separately. Nice people that work..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Bayonne
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Bayonne, NJ?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Bayonne, NJ, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Bayonne, NJ DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Jersey DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Bayonne, NJ?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
Do they have a return or refund policy?
Yes, many have a return or refund policy, but it can vary from junkyard to junkyard. It is important to ask about their return and refund policy before you purchase a part.
Some may offer a full refund on parts that are returned within a certain period of time, while others may only offer a partial refund or a store credit. Some may also have restrictions on what parts can be returned, such as electrical parts or parts that have been installed.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.