💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. ABC Metals Recycling & Heavy Duty Truck Towing
290 Vernon Way, El Cajon, CA 92020
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Specializing in fast and reliable vehicle removal, this junkyard is the perfect place to dispose of your old trucks and cars. With courteous and prompt service, they make the process easy and straightforward. Whether you need to sell copper or get rid of heavy-duty trucks, their efficient team will take care of it for you.
"This place rocks,came and removed a heavy duty truck. My old moving truck was not in the best of shape.they came and got it and he was very Courteous and prompt was here when he said he was going..."more
22. Advance Auto Wrecking
777 Energy Way # C, Chula Vista, CA 91911
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Explore a vast selection of self-serve used parts at this salvage yard. The business provides honest service and a friendly atmosphere. Customers from out of state appreciate the easy process of finding parts at great prices. The expanding inventory ensures a broad range of options for all makes and models.
"They appear to be very organized in their business as far as my own power goes. They are very thorough in their ability to train new employees. They have a big variety of vehicles to choose..."more
33. A AA Foreign Auto Recycling
1851 Nirvana Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91911
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
Discover a hidden gem for used auto parts at a reputable recycling center. With exceptional service and competitive prices, customers find the best A to Z car needs met here. Trust in their knowledgeable and helpful staff to keep your vehicle running smoothly. A destination for reliable, cheap used parts.
"I've had the pleasure to work with AAA Foreign Auto Recycling for quite some time now. I can highly attest that their great customer service and experience earned a customer for life. This was..."more
44. Jeep-Toyota 4X4 Dismantler New Used Parts
920 Heritage Rd, San Diego, CA 92154
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard part installation service
Specializing in a broad selection of vehicles, this junkyard is the first stop for all your car repair and part needs. With years of experience and a reputation for excellent service, you can trust that your car will be in good hands. Whether it's for your family car or Jeep, they have everything you need to get back on the road.
Mike b johnson.
"This place know about jeep.good service.i did go there for fix my car and family car for jeep repair never had any problem with parts or service and doing for over 5 year."more
55. Standard Auto Recycling
150 Reed Court, Chula Vista, CA 91911
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto & truck parts
For all your car part needs, visit this salvage yard. Specializing in used parts, this junkyard offers a wide selection of high-quality salvaged auto parts at economic prices. Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or a professional mechanic, you'll find what you need to keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently.
Best Junk Yard, Installer, and auto-parts dealer In San Diego!!!!!
"I have dealt with Standard Auto Recycling for a time since my friend referred me to them. They deal absolutely the cheapest auto-parts in town. If they do not have the part you are looking for..."more
66. Pirate Auto Dismantling
1060 Heritage Rd, San Diego, CA 92154
4.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
A salvage yard in the area, offers a wide selection of used parts and exceptional customer service. Customers appreciate the honest and reasonably priced assistance from the staff. They also go above and beyond to find multiple options for the parts needed, making the process easier for their clients.
"Went down to check out a used SUV that was cheap. I told the guy I was on my way and he gave me thumbs up. When I got there I looked around only to be shocked that someone was loading stuff..."more
77. Quick Cash For Car - Auto wrecker in San Diego, California
4455 Murphy Canyon Rd #100 19, San Diego, CA 92123
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal
Specializing in fast and reliable auto wrecking services, this business offers best possible offer for your old or junk car. With a smoothly process and excellent customer service, they provide a convenient way to turn your unwanted vehicle into quick cash. Say goodbye to that old car and hello to extra money in your pocket!
"Quick Cash for Cars is a lifesaver! They made selling my junk car a breeze, offering a fair price and lightning-fast service. Professional and hassle-free—definitely my go-to for turning my..."more
88. 1HR CASH FOR CARS
7310 Pogo Row #11, San Diego, CA 92154
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal
This auto wrecker makes the challenging process of selling a car incredibly simple. With a reputation for honesty and speedy communication, contacting them to get rid of your vehicle is truly straightforward. Their team handles all the paperwork professionally, making it easy for customers to walk away with cash in hand quickly and confidently.
"These guys were awesome. We had 4 non-running cars to get rid of quickly. Don't ask why we had 4. After trying to donate to various charities who say they will pick up quickly and then getting..."more
99. Montana Auto Wrecking
1304 Otay Valley Rd, San Diego, CA 92154
5/5 - 5 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts part installation service
This family-owned auto wrecker offers quality parts, repairs, and knowledgeable service. Customers appreciate the affordable pricing and exceptional customer service. Whether you need a part or major repair, this shop is known for getting the job done right and providing a friendly and efficient experience.
"This Place Is Great They Did A Phenomenal Job Rebuilding My Husband Oldschool & Customer Service Great They Had It Done In 7days & When We Took It Back For A Small Issue They Got Us In & Out...."more
1232 Otay Valley Rd, San Diego, CA 92154
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto & truck parts self service
Welcome to the self-serve salvage yard specializing in used auto parts. With an extensive inventory of vehicles, finding the part you need is a breeze. From engine components to body panels, you'll find it all at unbeatable prices. Call ahead for personalized service and quick pick-ups.
"Great customer service on phone and in person. Great prices. Found exactly what I needed for my Yukon: driver’s door of exact same OEM color (rare navy blue). They pulled it out for me in a..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in San Diego County, CA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in San Diego County, CA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in San Diego County, CA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the San Diego County, CA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the California DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in San Diego County, CA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in San Diego County, CA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in San Diego County, CA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in San Diego County, CA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in San Diego County, CA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around San Diego County, CA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.