30835 Groesbeck Hwy, Roseville, MI 48066
3.7/5 - 3 reviews open nowscrap metal dealer junk car removal towing service
Looking to get rid of your old car or metal materials? You're in the right place! This scrap metal dealer offers excellent customer service, quick responses, and competitive quotes. The friendly staff will make the process easy and efficient for you, ensuring that you leave with a smile on your face.
"I loved this place! They were quick to answer and give me a quote. Once they told me what they would give me for the car (which was more than any other place I googled and called) and I agreed to..."more
22. US Auto Supply of Sterling Heights
7575 18 1/2 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48314
4.3/5 - 4 reviewssalvage yard used auto & classic car parts self service
Discover a treasure trove of used vehicle parts at the prime salvage yard in Michigan. Browse through an extensive inventory of classic, late model, and newer cars, all organized by make and available for self-serve. Enjoy unbeatably low prices, get your hands dirty, and pick out exactly what you need to restore your vehicle to perfect condition.
"I've rebuilt several cars so I'm well acquainted with salvage yards. US auto is my go to. A very well laid out yard, everything is organized by make and in numbered rows. The website allows you..."more
33. American Auto Recycle
8951 Alpine St, Detroit, MI 48204
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
This junkyard is your best bet for top-dollar offers on your old car. It's a one-stop shop for all your automotive needs, with a professional and helpful staff. You'll find the highest offers here, along with knowledgeable service that will keep you coming back for future automotive needs.
"I used their website earlier this week to request a quote to buy my old broken-down car, but I didn't hear back so I followed up in-person today. I received a quote on the spot because I brought..."more
44. Jacob cash for junk cars
16000 Plymouth Rd, Detroit, MI 48227
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
Located in Detroit, this junkyard prides itself on providing fair and competitive rates for your old vehicles. With friendly and helpful staff, they make the process of getting rid of your car hassle-free. You can count on them for efficient service and a great price for your old vehicle. Whether you need to get rid of a wrecked car or an old cruiser, they are the go-to destination for junk car buyers in Detroit.
"referred to as at 6am they'd someone there by means of 10 showed up on time and offered my a very good rate for my old pt cruiser did not attempt to negotiate with me or something..."more
55. A One Car Removal
3129 Northway Ave, Windsor, ON N9E 4S5
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
With a commitment to providing fast and reliable service, this junkyard offers top dollar for your old vehicles and provides quick pick-up services. Customers can trust that they will receive fair and honest quotes, along with efficient vehicle removal. Get rid of that old car or truck today while earning some extra cash in the process.
"They pay exactly what they quote and picked up my car within an hour of calling. Overall my experience with them was amazing."more
66. Merit Auto Parts & Salvage Inc.
5700 Nevada, Detroit, MI 48234
4/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
Trying to find a junkyard to dispose of your unwanted vehicles and scrap metal? This business offers reliable and efficient junk car removal services, as well as buying and dismantling old cars. With competitive prices and a commitment to environmental responsibility, this business provides a convenient solution for getting rid of unwanted vehicles.
"Need steering knuckle 4,1999 ply grand voyager 3.3l driver side. size 15 wheel."more
77. A 1 Towing & Cash For Junk Cars
9101 W Fort St, Detroit, MI 48209
5/5 - 5 reviewsauto wrecker towing service
This auto wrecker stands out for its exceptional service and professionalism. From the friendly and reliable staff to their commitment to customer satisfaction, they deliver a seamlessly experience. With timely arrivals and smooth handling of the process, this company offers first-class service that keeps customers coming back.
"I cannot stress enough how impressed I am with A1 towing. Their commitment to customer satisfaction was evident at every step of the process. Their friendly and professional staff, combined..."more
88. Basic Metals
29901 26 Mile Rd, New Haven, MI 48048
3.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts part installation service
The junkyard offers first-class customer service and assistance for first-time scrappers. The staff is known for being helpful and accommodating, even with challenging requests. Customers appreciate the easy access to information and support, making their visit straightforward.
"Two times in the last month I tried going there on a Saturday and they were closed. Once was Labor Day so I understood but again today. Nothing on phone system about being closed either time..."more
99. Chesterfield Recycling Inc
27971 24 Mile Rd, New Baltimore, MI 48051
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This recycling center is known for its fair prices and excellent customer service. People from all over, like Royal Oak, trust this facility with their scrap metal needs. Customers appreciate the helpful staff who go the extra mile to ensure a positive experience. Find top pay in Michigan at this reliable scrap metal yard.
"Chesterfield Recycling Has always been my #1 choice for a Scrap Metal Yard. The owners and workers have always went the extra mile and has always taken the extra time to make sure all of..."more
1010. Amistad Auto Central
1009 Crawford Ave, Windsor, ON N9A 5E1
3.3/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts
This auto wrecker is known for their quick and efficient vehicle disposal services. With a focus on environmental sustainability, they ensure that all salvaged parts are properly recycled. Customers appreciate their fair pricing and friendly service when it comes to disposing of old or damaged vehicles.
"My car has Taken a good look down the road with optimized finish color in the city because of the advanced technique of body paint of amstad. his name is Jonathan and his talent and services..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Roseville
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Roseville, MI?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Roseville, MI, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Roseville, MI DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Michigan DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Roseville, MI?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Roseville, MI?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Roseville, MI?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Roseville, MI that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Roseville, MI may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.