💵 Want to sell your car in Riverside County, CA?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Pick Your Part - Riverside
3760 Pyrite St, Riverside, CA 92509
2.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Discover a self-serve salvage yard offering a vast selection of used auto parts. With a commitment to sustainability, this business provides cheap and reliable parts for your vehicle needs. Emphasizing convenience and cost-efficiency, they offer a simple process for locating and purchasing the right parts for any car model.
"This place is so so when it comes to prices, as far as parts go forget about it good luck, I'm giving this place and others like it a break. First come, first serve, but these places should..."
22. Corona Auto Parts & Recycling
1450 Magnolia Ave, Corona, CA 92879
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Citizens of the Corona surroundings can buy a wide stock of used spare-parts that can fit with their cars in this junkyard. It is possible to contact them using: phone. More information: This junkyard opening schedule info cannot be found yet.Other users have left 3 thoughts about this salvage yard.
"This is a salvage yard so I really don't know how I could sing it's praises....BUT, I did get the part I was looking for at a decent price and the worker/owner AL was a pretty alright guy also!..."
33. Indio Auto Wrecking
84800 Avenue 48, Coachella 92236
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
Stablished as one of Coachella's top junkyards, they provide a diverse inventory of vehicle parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via phone or tollfreeOther users have shared 1 thoughts about this salvage yard.
VW 2004 convertible top
"Looking to buy a top for my convertible please."
44. Pick-A-Part Auto Dismantling Inc.
3760 Pyrite St, Riverside 92509junkyard self service
Seeking a self-serve junkyard where you can find the parts you need at economical prices? You're in the right place! This business offers a wide selection of vehicles ready for you to explore and pull the parts you need. With friendly staff on hand, you'll be able to quickly locate what you're looking for without any hassle.
55. Inland Auto Dismantlers Association
2000 S 4 Wheel Dr, Norco, CA 92860
5/5 - 1 reviewssalvage yard
You can avoid wasting hundreds of dollars on the reparation of your dear car by getting used parts without giving up the expected warranties in this eminent in Norco surroundings salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. Other customers have left 1 opinions about this business.
"Went there for a part for my car. Prices were good."
66. Indio Auto Wrecking
84800 48th Ave, Indio 92201junkyard
This salvage yard aims to offer a very specialized and capable assistance at lower prices, with an immense variety of catalog and with the warranties requested by its clients. Users have the opportunity to meet this junkyard in the municipality of Indio (California). Additional information: The Indio Auto Wrecking is open from Monday to Friday.
77. 48 Auto Wrecking
84805 Avenue 48, Coachella 92236junkyard
The best approach to save hundreds of dollars on spare parts suitable for your automobile is to contact this junkyard in the Coachella surroundings, this is an attractive choice. The 48 Auto Wrecking schedule info is not available, however, you can check their web.
88. Ajax Auto Wrecking
84851 Avenue 48, Coachella 92236junkyard
This salvage yard aims to provide a very specialized and professional assistance at lower prices, gathering a substantial breadth of inventory and with the warranties requested by its purchasers. Visitors have the possibility to reach this junkyard in the city of Coachella (California). Additional info: This salvage yard timetable information cannot be found, despite this you have the option to check its web.
99. All Kars Auto Wrecking
84811 Avenue 48, Coachella 92236junkyard
Neighbors of the Coachella surroundings have the possibility to buy a large catalog of second-hand parts for their autos in this junkyard. You can get in touch with them using: phone. This junkyard business hours info is not available yet.
1010. Crossroads Auto Center & Dismantlers
12421 Riverside Dr Ste F, Mira Loma 91752junkyard
The finest approach to save large amounts of money on second hand parts for your automobile is to contact this junkyard in the Mira Loma surroundings, this is a great choice. The Crossroads Auto Center & Dismantlers timetable information is not available, despite this you can visit their website.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Riverside County, CA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Riverside County, CA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Riverside County, CA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the California DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Riverside County, CA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What happens to the parts of my car that cannot be sold?
The parts of your car that cannot be sold when you take them to a junkyard will typically be recycled or scrapped.
- Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.
- Scrapping is the process of breaking down metal into smaller pieces so that it can be melted down and reused.
Junkyards have a variety of ways to recycle and scrap car parts. Some have their own recycling and scrapping facilities, while others contract with other companies like auto wreckers to do this work.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
Are there any junkyards in Riverside County, CA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Riverside County, CA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Riverside County, CA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Riverside County, CA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.