11. Dominion Salvage Inc
607 Dinwiddie Ave, Richmond, VA 23224
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service junk car removal
Browse a range of used parts at Dominion Salvage, offering a self-serve experience for those looking for quality salvaged items. Explore the yard and discover the perfect pieces for your project, all at affordable prices. With helpful staff on hand, you can find what you need easily and safely.
"Dominion Salvage allows you to buy metal and other items "off the pile" given you take the requisite safety precautions and heed their guidance. Great place for finding metal for your shop projects."more
22. Chesterfield Auto Parts Richmond
5111 Old Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23224
5/5 - 3 reviews open nowjunkyard used auto parts
This junkyard specializes in used parts for various car makes and models. Customers have praised their organization, making it easy to find the specific part needed. Customers also appreciate the helpful and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to ensure they find the right part for their vehicle.
"I had just purchased a 2014 Dodge Journey, and the windshield wiper fluid tubing that is used to dispense the fluid onto the windshield, was dry rotted and useless. So I looked online to see if..."more
33. Southside Towing & Recovery, LLC. / We Buy Junk Cars!
108 E 20th St, Richmond, VA 23224
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage dealer junk car removal towing service
Look no further for a reliable salvage dealer. Southside Towing & Recovery provides fast and professional service for junk car removal and towing needs. With a friendly team of drivers, including the well-regarded Paul and Anthony, they make the process easy and efficient.
"If you need to get a junk car towed away call Southside Towing, they did an excellent job!I talked to Paul on the phone and he was very professional and set everything up for me. Anthony the..."more
44. Pocket Money Recycling
701 Hull St, Richmond, VA 23224
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts self service
Unlock the treasure trove of used parts at this self-serve salvage yard. Nestled in a downtown location, their convenient layout and helpful staff make scrapping stress-free. Whether you've got steel or aluminum, you'll appreciate being paid on the spot. No need to worry about outdated technology - just good old-fashioned customer service.
"*Fast*Friendly*Downtown*Convienent* I've been to quite a few scrap yards between here and Raleigh, but this place...They have perfected the art of scrappin'! Especially if you're like me and do..."more
55. Eubank Trucks, Inc.
3708 N Hopkins Rd, Richmond, VA 23224
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Find a wide selection of used parts at this salvage yard. Customers praise the organized layout and helpful staff. With a commitment to standing behind their parts, this business ensures peace of mind for buyers. Don't forget your boots if it's been raining, as the back area can get quite muddy.
"It's been a few years since I've been there. Went in there today and they're alot more organized now than I remember. Found the parts I needed for my Cascadia. Nice guys working the front desk..."more
66. Stratton Metals LLC
900 Brook Rd, Richmond, VA 23220
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
Visit this recycling center for a well-organized, large-scale scrapyard experience. The helpful staff ensure you are directed safely and efficiently, while offering great pay per pound for your recyclables. With an emphasis on safety and customer service, this is the go-to spot for all your recycling needs.
"For a scrapyard, this place is extremely neat & organized. To me it seemed like a large operation but the people that I came across were very helpful in directing me in the right direction..."more
77. Smith Iron & Metal Co Inc
3000 Bells Rd, Richmond, VA 23234
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
The scrap metal dealer offers a wide range of services for individuals and businesses looking to responsibly dispose of their metal waste. With a focus on sustainability and environmental stewardship, the team at this business is dedicated to providing efficient metal recycling solutions for all their clients. With years of experience in the industry, they are committed to ensuring that every scrap metal drop-off results in minimal environmental impact and maximized value for their customers.
"Just want thank the kind man, that help my 70 year old mother in law and I fix her car today that had broke down in front of the building in the heat, we really appreciate your kindness, god bless."more
88. Sims Metal - Richmond, Virginia
3220 Deepwater Terminal Rd, Richmond, VA 23234recycling center
The recycling center offers a extensive variety of services for the environmentally conscious individual or business. From paper and plastic to glass and metal, they ensure that materials are properly sorted and processed to contribute to a greener future. With convenient drop-off locations and competitive rates, they make it easy to do your part for the planet.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Richmond
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Richmond, VA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Richmond, VA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Richmond, VA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Virginia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Richmond, VA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Richmond, VA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.