💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Gold's Auto Wrecking
113 N Fenner Ave, Middletown, RI 02842
5/5 - 3 reviewstire shop used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Get economic used parts and find quality spare parts at this reliable salvage yard. Whether it's tires, engines, or car batteries, they have what you need. With great service, discounts for military personnel, and free towing of junk vehicles, it's the perfect place to find the parts you're looking for.
"Kenny B. I says best junk and service and parts around Aquidneck Island or even Beyond, they also service things as well. All I've ever asked is a fair Shake and this is where I find it? Like..."more
22. Bill's Auto Parts Incorporated
70 Macondray St, Cumberland, RI 02864
4.8/5 - 4 reviewsauto glass shop used auto parts self service junk car removal
Trying to find cost-effective, second-hand car parts in very good shape? Look no further than this self-serve junkyard. Although their staff may not be master mechanics, they offer a wide selection of parts and a helpful customer service team to assist you during your search. Just remember that it's a junkyard, and they cannot be held liable for faulty or broken parts.
"I had a vehicle that didn't run and had been sitting in my driveway for longer than I'd care to admit. I submitted an online application to Pick-n-Pull and received a fair offer instantly..."more
33. Junk car buyers central falls
19 Hedley Ave, Central Falls, RI 02863
5/5 - 2 reviewssalvage yard junk car removal towing service
Located in Central Falls, our salvage yard is a key location for those looking to get cash for their junk cars. We offer top dollar for vehicles in any condition and provide convenient pick-up services. Our team is committed to providing excellent customer service, making the process of selling your junk car straightforward.
"Junk Car buyers Central Falls paid the most Cash 4 Junk Cars and they picked it up for me today I was in a pinch, these guys are really great at what they do also have a great customer service..."more
44. Crane Salvage Corporation
149 Selwyn Way, Providence, RI 02908
4/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
This junkyard offers a extensive variety of used parts for vehicles, with knowledgeable and helpful staff who are always ready to assist. With over 50 years in business, the team is experienced in finding the right parts for any car make or model.
"Awesome place great people there lil.ray is great always there to help you. Bin going there for 50yrs."more
55. Rhode Island Junk My Car Auto Recycling
103 Ledge St, Providence, RI 02904
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts junk car removal
This recycling center offers first-class service and professionalism, with quick pickup and cash in hand. Customers rave about the excellent experience and generous compensation for their vehicles. The team is highly recommended for their genuine, honest approach to car recycling.
"Jim is the BEST! Always on top of getting back to us, gives truly the top $$ for the vehicle (always way more than any other company around) and super fast at coming to grab it. He's also..."more
66. Cash For Junk Cars LLC
185 Sherburne St, Providence, RI 02905
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
This highly recommended junkyard provides prompt and honest transactions for anyone looking to get rid of their used vehicles. With excellent communication and fast pick up services, they ensure a smooth and easy process. Customers praise their trustworthy and efficient approach, making them the go-to choice for all junk car needs.
"This was one of the first people I called to get a quote when I was selling my used sedan. When he couldn’t compete with the quote I got from somewhere else he told me to go with them, and..."more
77. Renaissance Auto Recovery, Cash For Junk Cars
264 Roger Williams Ave, Rumford, RI 02916
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
This junkyard offers prompt, professional, and easy car removal services. The friendly team will arrive quickly to take away any unwanted vehicles, paying top dollar for each one. Customers appreciate the smooth and straightforward process, making it a go-to option for getting rid of old cars and parts.
"Al came to my house with his nice new truck to remove a vehicle that had been sitting. He paid the exact amount we agreed on the phone. Then he also paid me $120 for a old catalytic converter I..."more
88. Golds Auto Recycling
113 Fenner Ave, Middletown, RI 02842
4/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal
Need good condition used auto parts, tires, and batteries? Find a wide variety of parts at our junkyard, with great prices for your old cars. With years of experience and reliable service, our team is committed to helping you find the parts you need at affordable rates.
Awesome people to deal with!
"Great variety of auto parts, tires, batteries and so much more! Great prices for your junk cars!."more
99. Cash 4 Cars 4OO-4444
460 Douglas Ave, Providence, RI 02908
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
With a speedy pickup service and professional staff, this junkyard is the perfect solution for anyone looking to get rid of an old vehicle. Customers praise their efficient and courteous service, with quotes provided quickly and vehicles removed in no time. If you're in need of junk car removal, this is the place to call.
"The staff was polite, I got a quote in seconds right over the phone and they came and got the car a few hours later. The tow truck driver was professional and quick and replaced my junk car with..."more
1010. Five Star Auto Salvage
1348 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Looking for cheap used car parts? Look no further than this self-serve salvage yard. With a wide selection of parts and a helpful staff, customers can find the parts they need at reasonable prices. The knowledgeable team is ready to assist in finding the right part for any vehicle.
"Over the past 2 year's I brought my car to 3 repair shops including a car dealership & still not identified what parts I needed! Robert treated me like family. His wisdom and experience identified..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Rhode Island
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Rhode Island?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Rhode Island, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Rhode Island DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Rhode Island DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Rhode Island?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
What happens to the parts of my car that cannot be sold?
The parts of your car that cannot be sold when you take them to a junkyard will typically be recycled or scrapped.
- Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.
- Scrapping is the process of breaking down metal into smaller pieces so that it can be melted down and reused.
Junkyards have a variety of ways to recycle and scrap car parts. Some have their own recycling and scrapping facilities, while others contract with other companies like auto wreckers to do this work.
Do they have a return or refund policy?
Yes, many have a return or refund policy, but it can vary from junkyard to junkyard. It is important to ask about their return and refund policy before you purchase a part.
Some may offer a full refund on parts that are returned within a certain period of time, while others may only offer a partial refund or a store credit. Some may also have restrictions on what parts can be returned, such as electrical parts or parts that have been installed.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.