💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. D and D Recyclers
2315 53rd St, Fennville, MI 49408
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts shipping available
Family owned and operated, this salvage yard is a good place for used auto parts. With a wide selection of inventory, the helpful staff will assist in finding the right parts for any vehicle. Open on Saturdays, they provide quick service and competitive prices, making it a top choice for all your salvage yard needs.
"Very helpful in identifying the parts I need and getting them shipped. Will do business with them again."more
22. West Michigan Recycling Center
40 Harvey St, Muskegon, MI 49442
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts shipping available towing service
This recycling center provides a convenient and reliable solution for disposing of unwanted vehicles and scrap metal. With a commitment to excellent customer service, the team is dedicated to ensuring a smooth and seamlessly experience for all clients. Their well-organized yard offers a pleasant atmosphere for both customers and their furry friends.
"The guys here were great to work with. My vehicle broke down over 100 miles from home, they picked it up from the local shop,for them and even shipped me some personal items I had left behind..."more
33. Armock's Auto Salvage
2670 W Carson City Rd, Sheridan, MI 48884
43.6 miles 4/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Recognized as one of Sheridan's best junkyards, they offer a diverse catalog of vehicle parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via phoneThis salvage yard has been rated 3 times by our users.
"Stopped in with my and he was looking for a few parts and oh yeah they had them!!!! The folks that work and own it here are awesome!! They have a great selection of parts and accessories prices..."more
44. Shelmont Metal Salvage
2655 Wise Rd, Sheridan, MI 48884
44.4 miles 4/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center self service part installation service
Do you own an used car or are you aimed to find used spare-parts compatible with your automobile? This website advise you to approach this junkyard in Sheridan, since it has an enormous inventory. More info: They're open from Monday to Friday.This company has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"The Damz ONLY THING that they can do BETTER"*" is They SURELY could change the Way"*" once you're wade"*" the second time,s is too have the Damz Check,s"*" READY Charlie D Says..."more
55. PADNOS Muskegon
259 Ottawa St, Muskegon, MI 49442
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
Turn your used parts into cash at a convenient recycling center in Muskegon. The friendly and professional staff at this center will assist you in the process from start to finish, making it simple and fast. Get decent prices in return for your scrap while experiencing great customer service.
"So helpful! So friendly! At the Muskegon site we dropped off and from start to finish was simple and fast. They even helped us figure out how to do this review! Definitely recommend doing..."more
66. Huver's Auto Recycling
14284 S State Rd, Lake Odessa, MI 48849
46.4 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This junkyard located in the city of Lake Odessa (Michigan), distributes a very competent service to its customers, delivering surprising offers but with the highest quality and an immense depht of supply. Contact them by: phone. This salvage yard has been voted 3 times by our users.
"Very friendly and affordable! ???? He sold me what was cheapest and most appropriate instead of trying to up sell me! I got a great deal! …."more
77. A-Team auto parts
5357 103rd Ave, Grand Junction, MI 49056
37.7 miles 5/5 - 2 reviewssalvage yard
The junkyard you are looking here is placed close to Grand Junction (Michigan) and it's offering incredible performance auto pieces to its eventual visitors near the proximity. If you are aimed to inquire an estimation for your old vehicle or ask for a specific junk spare, please contact them via phone. Other customers have shared 2 reviews about this company.
"I think It was a good services."more
88. Fremont Metal & Paper
127 W Elm St, Fremont, MI 49412
33.8 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
This scrap metal dealer is known for its fair and competitive pricing, as well as friendly and courteous service. Customers have mentioned the ease of doing business with them and the willingness of the staff to go above and beyond for the community. Whether buying or selling scrap, this place offers a satisfying experience.
"I've taken lots of different metals into this place over the years, Doug has always been easy to deal with and prices are always very comparable to other scrapyards."more
99. Broken Arrow Recycling
1100 Lincoln Rd, Allegan, MI 49010
34.1 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
This recycling center in Allegan is known for its friendly and helpful staff, making every visit a positive experience. Customers appreciate the efficient service and fair prices for their scrap materials. However, some have found the layout of the facility a bit confusing, but this doesn't deter them from returning due to the excellent service they receive.
"Everyone I interacted with was friendly, unlike nearly every other scrap yard I have been to. They pay as good or better than every other yard. I regret not going here sooner. I will continue..."more
1010. Wandel Auto
2200 Welch Rd, Ionia, MI 48846
46.5 miles 3/5 - 5 reviewsused car dealer used auto parts self service
Whether you're a DIY mechanic or just looking for affordable car parts, this used car dealer offers a self-serve option and a wide selection of used parts to choose from. With their knowledgeable staff and convenient location, customers can easily find what they need for their vehicle repairs.
"My van had been acting up, and when people in area wouldn't even help jump my car, I found out from a friend about this place. Reminded me of the shop my dad used to work in. Once I got the..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Ottawa County, MI
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Ottawa County, MI?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Ottawa County, MI, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Ottawa County, MI DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Michigan DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Ottawa County, MI?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Ottawa County, MI?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Ottawa County, MI?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Ottawa County, MI that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Ottawa County, MI may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.