💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. A-1 Auto Salvage
99 Co Rd 6100, Kirtland, NM 87417
5/5 - 5 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service shipping available
The junkyard we show here is wich operates close to Kirtland (New Mexico) and it's distributing top condition vehicle pieces to its possible clients near the vicinity. In case you are aimed to request an estimation for your old automobile or request for a particular used part, feel free to contact them via email, tollfree or phone. In addition, you may check 5 thoughts in order to know more about this business.
"This place is so great and I didn’t even set foot in it! We live about 3 and a half hours away and we found on the internet they had the whole back end of a jeep that we needed and a tail light..."more
1355 NM-116, Belen, NM 87002
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto & classic car parts self service towing service
Looking for economical used auto parts? Visit this self-serve junkyard with a wide selection of classic car parts. The staff is friendly and prices are reasonable. Avoid the hassle of other yards and find what you need here.
"This company has changed so much from a tow company to a scrap yard. The people that work there are easy to talk to and to get along with. Their prices are decently priced and they have a lot..."more
33. Cash For Cars - Albuquerque
7705 Broadway Blvd SE Ste B, Albuquerque, NM 87105
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker junk car removal towing service
Quick and easy service. Tow driver was friendly, and the process of scheduling a pick up was fast. Offer for the car was the best in town. First car was taken within 3 hours of making contact, and second vehicle just as easy. Highly recommended for smoothly auto wrecking services.
"Minute after entering some info on the website, an offer pops up. Very easy process. Dispatcher and tow driver were very friendly. Very fast to schedule pick up. Best offer in town. First car..."more
44. A 1 Auto Salvage
99 Road 6100, Farmington, NM 87401
4.7/5 - 4 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Trying to find cheap used car parts? This self-serve junkyard offers a wide range of options for those looking to find specific items for their vehicle. With excellent service and a variety of parts available, customers will be sure to find what they need at competitive prices.
Excellent customer service
"Excellent service. If need help ask for Carlos."more
55. Roswell Wrecking Co
5700 N Main St, Roswell, NM 88201
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Conveniently located, this salvage yard offers a self-serve option for those in need of used parts. With a strong emphasis on customer service, their staff ensures a smooth and efficient experience for every visitor. Whether you're searching for specific parts or simply browsing, their team is dedicated to providing prompt assistance and support throughout the process.
"Great customer service. Got the parts I needed ready, super quick pick up. Paid over the phone."more
66. United Recycling
808 N Gold Ave, Deming, NM 88030
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center towing service
If you're looking for a family owned recycling center that values fairness and transparency, you're in the right place. This business is known for their helpful and kind service, treating every customer like family. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, they provide secure towing services and openly display scale weights for all customers to see.
"Roberta it's our policy to treat everyone fairly. If we didn't it's common knowledge we wouldn't be in business for very long. If you have any concerns, please feel free to talk to us. Many of..."more
77. Aztec Auto Salvage
914 NM-516, Aztec, NM 87410
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage dealer used auto parts self service
This self-serve salvage yard offers a variety of used parts for your vehicle needs. With a friendly and professional staff, customers can expect assistance in locating the parts they need. Reasonable prices and a pleasant atmosphere make this salvage yard a solid choice for car enthusiasts.
"One of the better encounters I’ve had at a salvage yard, I asked about a part on a vehicle and they let me know where to find the vehicle in their yard to see what I needed, unfortunately..."more
88. A 1 Auto Salvage
5815 Broadway Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87105
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
This salvage yard is the first stop for cheap and reliable salvage cars. With a strong focus on attention to detail, customers always leave satisfied with their purchases. The friendly and accommodating staff make the whole process easy and stress-free, making it the perfect choice for anyone in need of a budget-friendly commuter car.
"I needed a cheap commuter and this is the place to go! They are super accommodating and reasonable and they are really nice guys. I highly recommend them if you need a cheap reliable salvage car."more
99. M & M Auto Salvage, Inc
821 Montana Vista Dr, Anthony, NM 88021
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts towing service
If you're in need of quality used car parts and exceptional customer service, look no further than this salvage yard. With economical prices and a genuine commitment to helping customers, this place goes above and beyond to provide reliable car parts and repair services. Highly recommended for all your automotive needs.
"This place is not open Saturday or Sunday like it says when their hours are shown. I called to double check and the owner offered to come in and open anyway since I was there already and had..."more
1010. Capital Scrap Metals Inc
2871 All Trades Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87507
4.2/5 - 5 reviewsauto wrecker towing service
In search of an auto wrecker that offers prompt and professional service at a great price? You're in luck! With decades of experience, this business provides fast and friendly towing services, working with clients to meet their needs and keep prices economical. Don't settle for less - choose this reliable and customer-focused wrecker.
"We have gotten a 30 yard dumpster from Capital three times over the last twenty years or so. This last time for a major home remodel. The folks at the office are always pleasant and helpful..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in New Mexico
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in New Mexico?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in New Mexico, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Mexico Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the New Mexico DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Mexico DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in New Mexico?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in New Mexico?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in New Mexico?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in New Mexico that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in New Mexico may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.