11. Modesto Auto Wreckers
520 Crows Landing Rd, Modesto, CA 95351
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
They carry a wide variety of used parts and offer exceptional customer service. Customers appreciate the friendliness and knowledge of the staff, as well as the economical prices. With two convenient locations, they make it easy to find the right part for any vehicle.
"Incredible customer service, knowledgeable and I was unaware of there being two locations thankfully they are across the street from each other. I interacted with employees from both sides and..."more
22. E & R Auto Wrecking
638 Crows Landing Rd, Modesto, CA 95351
5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
Find economical and reliable used parts at this salvage yard. With great customer service and helpful staff, you can trust them to provide the part you need at a good price. From engines to bumpers, they'll help keep your vehicle running smoothly without breaking the bank.
"Great customer service!!!!! Emmanuel gave very good customer service by helping me out today. He found the part i needed and sold it to me at a very good price. I will definitely go back for..."more
33. D & W Auto Wreckers
531 Crows Landing Rd, Modesto, CA 95351
3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
With a huge inventory of used parts at cheap prices, this salvage yard is the perfect place to find the part you need for your vehicle. Customers rave about the knowledgeable staff, especially Abraham, who can help you locate exactly what you're looking for. Whether it's for a repair or an upgrade, this salvage yard has got you covered.
"A ton of parts with a great low price."more
44. Auto Recyclers of Modesto
432 S 9th St, Modesto, CA 95351
4/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
Experience the convenience of finding used auto parts in good condition for your vehicle at this junkyard. With a broad range of parts available and knowledgeable staff, you can easily locate the specific part you need. Whether it's for a repair or an upgrade, this business is a good choice for cheap and reliable auto parts.
Bought some parts from Auto recyclers
"Everyone was friendly and great service. not everything was easy to find they looked like they are still organizing but overall great experience."more
55. Mike & Iron Metals
322 River Rd, Modesto, CA 95351
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard
This junkyard is known for its excellent customer service and fair prices. Customers appreciate the organized layout, making it easy to find the parts they need. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for all visitors.
"Best scrap guy in town."more
66. Modesto Junk Co - Metals & Scrap Recycler, Est 1920
1425 9th St, Modesto, CA 95354
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
The recycling center provides fast and proficient service, with great prices for cans. The attentive staff maintains a helpful attitude and promptly addresses any concerns, ensuring a positive experience for all customers. With their commitment to excellent service, they are dedicated to providing outstanding recycling solutions for the community.
"Great price for cans and great service. One time a guy stole a bag of cans from my bin while i was turned around. An attendant promptly informed me and said they would review the camera..."more
77. American Recycling Holdings
2070 Morgan Rd, Modesto, CA 95358
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
Providing a vital service to the community, this recycling center offers a seamless process for dropping off recyclable materials. Customers can expect efficient and friendly service, with clear directions for truck deliveries. The center plays a crucial role in promoting sustainability and environmental responsibility.
"I've gone here for years, luv this spot..has great atmosphere,fast paced and honest people...no crv but if you scrap...this is the spot???? …."more
88. California Auto Parts
618 S 9th St, Modesto, CA 95351
2.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard part installation service
If you're in need of a reliable and trustworthy salvage yard, you're in luck. This place is operated by genuine, kindhearted individuals who go above and beyond to ensure the safety and well-being of their customers. You can trust them to provide exceptional service in your time of need.
"Today I was on my way to Stockton when my tire blew up. My car was smoking but my check engine light was not on. I had the oil changed last week so it cldnt be oil. The ground was shaking and..."more
99. Wilson Auto Wreckers
1917 W Hatch Rd, Modesto, CA 95351junkyard used auto parts
Discover a vast selection of used auto parts at this junkyard, from engines and transmissions to doors and bumpers. With a professional team and cheap prices, customers can find the parts they need for their vehicles. Whether it's for repairs or upgrades, the business offers reliable auto parts sales to meet every customer's needs.
1010. All Foreign Auto Dismantling-Bonanza
540 Crows Landing Rd, Modesto, CA 95351junkyard
Are you in need of a reliable junkyard to sell your old, unwanted vehicles or scrap metal to? You're in the right place! This place offers a convenient and straightforward way to get rid of your unused items while also providing competitive prices. Whether you're a small business or an individual, this business is the perfect place to turn your scrap into cash.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Modesto
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Modesto, CA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Modesto, CA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Modesto, CA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the California DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Modesto, CA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Modesto, CA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Modesto, CA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.