💵 Want to sell your car in Kent County, MI?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Slys Auto Salvage
9780 21 Mile Rd, Sand Lake 49343junkyard
The junkyard we show here is situated close to Sand Lake (Michigan) and it's offering the highest value auto parts to its eventual purchasers close to the vicinity. In case you are aimed to inquire a valuation for your used auto or request for a specific junk piece, feel free to contact them using phone.
22. Victor & Tony Auto Salvage
1266 Godfrey Ave Sw, Grand Rapids 49503junkyard
This junkyard offers a extensive variety of used auto parts for all makes and models. With an extensive inventory and affordable prices, customers can find the parts they need for their vehicle repair or restoration projects. The knowledgeable staff is ready to assist with locating specific parts and providing excellent customer service throughout the process.
33. Armock's Auto Salvage
2670 W Carson City Rd, Sheridan, MI 48884
4/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Recognized as one of Sheridan's best junkyards, they offer a diverse catalog of vehicle parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via phoneThis salvage yard has been rated 3 times by our users.
"Stopped in with my and he was looking for a few parts and oh yeah they had them!!!! The folks that work and own it here are awesome!! They have a great selection of parts and accessories prices..."
44. D and D Recyclers
2315 53rd St, Fennville, MI 49408
38.8 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts shipping available
The perfect method to economize hundreds of dollars on second-hand parts suitable for your auto is to contact this junkyard in the Fennville neighborhood, this is a great choice. Other users have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"Very helpful in identifying the parts I need and getting them shipped. Will do business with them again."
55. Pick Your Part - Grand Rapids
4676 Division Ave S, Wayland, MI 49348
2/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Citizens of the Wayland area have the opportunity to check an enormous supply of junk spare parts that will fit with their autos in this salvage yard. You can reach them via: phone. This junkyard opening schedule info is not available yet.Other customers have shared 3 thoughts about this company.
"Everything was as expected except the prices are dramatically higher than I remember. An 18" Aluminum wheel with a tire on it totaled $135. That did include a $35 core charge. Hopefully I can find..."
66. Shelmont Metal Salvage
2655 Wise Rd, Sheridan, MI 48884
4/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center self service part installation service
Do you own an used car or are you aimed to find used spare-parts compatible with your automobile? This website advise you to approach this junkyard in Sheridan, since it has an enormous inventory. More info: They're open from Monday to Friday.This company has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"The Damz ONLY THING that they can do BETTER"*" is They SURELY could change the Way"*" once you're wade"*" the second time,s is too have the Damz Check,s"*" READY Charlie D Says..."
77. Huver's Auto Recycling
14284 S State Rd, Lake Odessa, MI 48849
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
This junkyard located in the city of Lake Odessa (Michigan), distributes a very competent service to its customers, delivering surprising offers but with the highest quality and an immense depht of supply. Contact them by: phone. This salvage yard has been voted 3 times by our users.
"Very friendly and affordable! ???? He sold me what was cheapest and most appropriate instead of trying to up sell me! I got a great deal! …."
88. Wandel Auto
2200 Welch Rd, Ionia, MI 48846
3/5 - 5 reviewsused car dealer used auto parts self service
It's easy to economize a lot of money on the reparation of your beloved vehicle by getting junk parts with warranty in this leading in Ionia area salvage yard. Contact them by: phone, email and tollfree. Other visitors have left 5 opinions about this company.
"My van had been acting up, and when people in area wouldn't even help jump my car, I found out from a friend about this place. Reminded me of the shop my dad used to work in. Once I got the..."
99. Pick Your Part - Holland
11475 Chicago Dr, Holland, MI 49424
31.3 milesjunkyard used auto parts self service
The salvage yard listed here is settled near Holland (Michigan) and it's offering the greatest quality vehicle pieces to its potential clients close to the area. If you are aimed to demand a valuation for your used auto or ask for a particular junk piece, you can contact them via phone. In addition, you may check 3 reviews left by our visitors.
1010. GLR Advanced Recycling - Cars
1900 W Willow St, Lansing, MI 48917
47.8 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Residents of the Lansing neighborhood have the opportunity to check an extensive catalog of second-hand parts suitable for their cars in this salvage yard. It is possible to contact them via: phone. The GLR Advanced Recycling - Cars schedule information is not available, however, you can visit their web.Other users have shared 3 reviews about this company.
"Great service! Called, they gave me a quote that was better than expected for my son's old, hadn't run in months, Civic. Came out the next day, handed me cash and hauled it away. Tow truck driver..."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Kent County, MI?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Kent County, MI, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Kent County, MI DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Michigan DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Kent County, MI?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Kent County, MI that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Kent County, MI may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Kent County, MI?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Kent County, MI?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.