💵 Want to sell your car in Jenison, MI?
11. Pick Your Part - Holland
11475 Chicago Dr, Holland, MI 49424junkyard used auto parts self service
Residents of the Holland neighborhood have the possibility to check a huge catalog of second hand parts that will fit with their autos in this junkyard. It is possible to contact them using: phone. Additional information: This salvage yard opening hours info is not available yet.In addition, you can read 3 reviews in order to know more about this business.
22. West Michigan Recycling Center
40 Harvey St, Muskegon, MI 49442
31.2 miles 4.5/5 - 2 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts shipping available towing service
The best approach to avoid wasting large amounts of money on second hand pieces for your auto is to contact this junkyard in the Muskegon area, this is an attractive choice. The West Michigan Recycling Center business hours information cannot be found, however, you can see its web.Other users have left 2 reviews about this company.
"The guys here were great to work with. My vehicle broke down over 100 miles from home, they picked it up from the local shop,for them and even shipped me some personal items I had left behind..."
33. Armock's Auto Salvage
2670 W Carson City Rd, Sheridan, MI 48884
39.7 miles 5/5 - 2 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
This junkyard settled close to the municipality of Sheridan (Michigan), distributes a very efficient service to its shoppers, delivering surprising offers but with the best excellency and an extensive depht of inventory. Contact them by: phone. Additionally, you can check 2 thoughts left by our visitors.
"Stopped in with my and he was looking for a few parts and oh yeah they had them!!!! The folks that work and own it here are awesome!! They have a great selection of parts and accessories prices..."
44. Pick Your Part - Grand Rapids
4676 Division Ave S, Wayland, MI 49348salvage yard self service
Recognized as one of Wayland's top junkyards, they provide a diverse catalog of auto parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via phone
55. Broken Arrow Recycling
1100 Lincoln Rd, Allegan, MI 49010
5/5 - 1 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
Habitants of the Allegan neighborhood can purchase an immense catalog of second hand parts compatible with their cars in this junkyard. You can get in touch with them using: phone. Additional info: The Broken Arrow Recycling business hours info is not available, however, you can see their web.This salvage yard has been rated 1 times by previous visitors.
"Everyone who works here is friendly, polite, and helpful. The manager Eddie is very easy to work with. Quickly received a check for more than $1000 for the scrap brass laying around my..."
66. PADNOS Muskegon
259 Ottawa St, Muskegon, MI 49442
32 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts
If you are looking for the best second hand parts in the Muskegon neighborhood, this junkyard could be a good pick to buy them at a low price. You can get in touch with them using: phone. This business timetable information does not appear in our database, however, you can visit its web.Additionally, you may check 3 reviews left by other users.
"So helpful! So friendly! At the Muskegon site we dropped off and from start to finish was simple and fast. They even helped us figure out how to do this review! Definitely recommend doing..."
77. Victor & Tony Auto Salvage
1266 Godfrey Ave Sw, Grand Rapids 49503junkyard
It's easy to save a lot of money on the repairs of your beloved vehicle by obtaining used spare parts with warranty in this leading in Grand Rapids vicinity junkyard. Contact them by: phone.
88. GLR Advanced Recycling - Cars
1900 W Willow St, Lansing, MI 48917
63.8 miles 5/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Stablished as one of Lansing's top junkyards, they offer a wide catalog of auto parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via phoneIn addition, you may read 2 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"These folks are awesome! I have used them twice and both times it was a smooth and easy transaction. I called them up, they gave me a fair price. Then they sent out a tow truck, I handed the guy..."
99. Light Truck Parts
1811 Lake St, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
44.9 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard self service
Habitants of the Kalamazoo area have the possibility to buy an enormous catalog of second hand spares compatible with their cars in this junkyard. You can get in touch with them using: phone. This salvage yard opening hours information is not available yet.Other customers have left 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"This is one of the last, very few, u pick salvage yards in this area. Lots of good vehicles with great parts still available. They seem to be very fair on most pricing."
1010. Shelmont Metal Salvage
2655 Wise Rd, Sheridan, MI 48884
40.9 miles 4/5 - 2 reviewsrecycling center self service
Do you own an used car or are you aimed to find used spare-parts compatible with your automobile? This website advise you to approach this junkyard in Sheridan, since it has an enormous inventory. More info: They're open from Monday to Friday.This company has been rated 2 times by previous visitors.
"Picked up a load for them. Met good people very professional."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Jenison, MI?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Jenison, MI, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Jenison, MI DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Michigan DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Jenison, MI?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Are there any junkyards in Jenison, MI that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Jenison, MI may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Jenison, MI?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Jenison, MI?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Can they ask me for an entry fee?
Some junkyards may require you to pay a small entrance or admission fee (usually a few bucks) in order to enter their facilities. With this money they can cover their administrative and maintenance costs and ensure that they receive customers who are truly interested in parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.