💵 Want to sell your car in Hudson County, NJ?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Ace Auto Salvage
34 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
5/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
The salvage yard we display here is settled close to Kearny (New Jersey) and it's providing incredible quality auto pieces to its potential clients close to the area. If you are aimed to demand a valuation for your junk vehicle or plead for a precise junk spare, feel free to get in touch with them via phone. Additionally, you may check 2 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"A nice family owned junkyard. The owner even takes the time out of her day to provide different phone numbers for buying parts, since ACE does not sell parts. I was blown away when she continued..."
22. Rays Auto Wreckers
448 Grand Street, Jersey City 07302
5/5 - 5 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
In case you're in the task of looking for the cheapest second-hand spare parts near the Jersey City area, this junkyard is an excellent choice to get them at a great price. You have the opportunity to get in touch with them via: phone and email. They work from Monday to Sunday.Other visitors have shared 5 opinions about this business.
Awesome People! Great selections!
"A hard to find nowadays gem!! My son was able to walk up to various cars and ask questions, the owners were awesome and answered them all. All of the prices were reasonable. I will be returning..."
33. Dewland Auto Parts
1710 Tonnelle Ave, North Bergen, NJ 07047
5/5 - 2 reviewsauto body shop used auto & truck parts
This junkyard wants to provide an highly capable service at incredible prices, gathering a giant variety of supply but without giving up the warranties expected by its customers. Visitors can locate this business in the town of North Bergen (New Jersey). Other visitors have shared 2 reviews about this company.
"Words cannot describe how thankful I am towards Mike. Certainly I do not know why some reviews are bad. Mike sounds a little strong when first contacting but does have a good heart and strict by..."
44. West Side Auto Wreckers
1900 Tonnelle Ave, North Bergen, NJ 07047
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker part installation service
The ideal way to avoid wasting a lot of money on second-hand parts for your auto is to contact this junkyard in the North Bergen area, this is an attractive election. They are open Monday to Friday.This salvage yard has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
"Elaine’s customer service they found my piece and. They sell super honest and. Decent. Price. Amazing. Super. Satisfy. Thomas."
55. Ray's Auto Wreckers
10 Center St, Jersey City, NJ 07302
5/5 - 2 reviews open nowjunkyard
The finest way to avoid wasting a lot of money on used parts suitable for your auto is by approaching this junkyard in the Jersey City location, this is a superb option. This salvage yard operational hours info cannot be found yet.This company has been voted 2 times by our visitors.
"Ray’s Auto Wreckers are professional. They were responsive when I called and arrived on time to pick up my vehicle. Would definitely use them again if the situation presents itself."
66. County Auto Wreckers
27 County Rd, Jersey City, NJ 07307
3/5 - 2 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts
The junkyard we display here is placed near Jersey City (New Jersey) and it's delivering incredible quality auto parts to its eventual customers close to the area. In case you want to request a quote for your used vehicle or plead for a particular junk spare, please contact them via phone. Other users have left 2 reviews about this salvage yard.
"Went there today, Paul is very nice (the guy at the window), took care of me quick, dropped my load, took my precious metals in the back to be weighed out separately. Nice people that work..."
77. Junked In The USA
66 Stover Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
5/5 - 1 reviewsauto wrecker
Are you the owner of an aged auto or are you trying hard to locate second-hand spares suitable for your car? This website suggest to approach this junkyard in Kearny, since it has a wide stock. Other visitors have left 1 reviews about this business.
"Angela is awesome! Junked in the usa is a easy and great way to dispose of you junk or un wanted cars!."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Hudson County, NJ?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Hudson County, NJ, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Hudson County, NJ DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the New Jersey DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Hudson County, NJ?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
What types of parts can be found?
They usually have a wide variety of used and damaged vehicle parts available for sale, including engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, radiators, fenders, doors, hoods, and trunks. Junkyards may also have used tires, batteries, and other vehicle accessories available for sale.
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Hudson County, NJ, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..