💵 Want to sell your car in Fairfax, VA?
801 E Gude Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
4/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal towing service
If you are looking for the finest second hand spares in the Rockville vicinity, this junkyard is a perfect option to obtain them at a low price. You have the opportunity to get in touch with them via: phone. The Karville timetable information is not available but you can check its website.Other users have shared 3 opinions about this salvage yard.
"I have always scheduled my appointment for car pick up with karville they are wonderful people they explain every step of the process it takes 4-5 minutes to do all the work and just like..."
22. KING GEORGE AUTO and TRUCK PARTS
10022 Huntington Ln, King George, VA 22485
39.8 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto & truck parts self service shipping available
In case you are in the search for the highest quality second hand parts near the King George vicinity, this junkyard can be an incredible option to purchase them at a great price. You have the opportunity to get in touch with them via: tollfree, phone and email. The KING GEORGE AUTO and TRUCK PARTS is open Monday to Saturday.Additionally, you can read 3 reviews in order to know more about this business.
"I highly recommend this business! They were super helpful and friendly on the phone and even more so in person. I called many places before going there and they had the best prices by far! When..."
33. Whitewater Auto Parts
164 Norman Rd, Stafford, VA 22554
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service shipping available
Interested users have the possibility to find this junkyard near the neighborhood of the town of Stafford (Virginia). Its essential business model is the distribution of vehicle spares at the lowest prices in the surroundings but without giving up all the warranties that you may expect. If you need to get in touch with them, you can do it this way: email, tollfree and phone. This business has been rated 3 times by our visitors.
"I ended up in this yard today 8/12/2023 looking for a stupid Power steering fluid reservoir cap for my Cadillac because for some reason I've been looking through all the auto parts websites and..."
44. David Auto Recycle
10855 Charles St, La Plata, MD 20646
31 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
You can economize large amounts of money on the maintenance of your dear car by getting second hand spare parts with warranty in this popular in La Plata vicinity junkyard. Contact them by: phone. Other users have shared 3 thoughts about this company.
"Couldn't find a headlight for our 2009 VW GTI at a reasonable price anywhere. Then we found David Auto Recycle. Not only did we get the headlight, but also a cargo cover for our car that we'd..."
55. Southlawn Auto Recyclers Inc
15101 Southlawn Ln, Rockville 20850
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
You can economize large amounts of money on the repairs of your dear auto by purchasing second-hand pieces with guarantee in this popular in Rockville area salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. Additionally, you can check 1 thoughts left by our visitors.
1996 honda civic EX 2D : Rear Driver Side Trailing Arm (Drum) including bolts.
"Looking for Honda Civic 1996 Rear Driver Side Trailing Arm for picture: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283839006090 Thank you."
66. D & W Auto Parts
12727 Brandywine Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Do you own an used vehicle or are you immersed in the search of second hand spare-parts suitable for your auto? This site recommend to approach this salvage yard in Brandywine, since it gathers a gargantuan supply. This junkyard business hours information cannot be found yet.This salvage yard has been voted 3 times by our users.
"They were a life savor the only place I could find a tire to fit my car an he gave me a really good reasonable price for all four.I highly recommend this junk yard the guys are super friendly..."
77. Frank's Scrap Metal
8840 Monard Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20910
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
Purchasers have the opportunity to visit this junkyard close to the surroundings of the municipality of Silver Spring (Maryland). Its main business area is the distribution of vehicle spares at the best prices in the surroundings and offering all the guarantees that you could require. If you want to get in touch with them, you can do it by these means: phone. Other users have shared 3 thoughts about this salvage yard.
"Great service and super friendly. Andrew came out to a demo project and gave us a run down on their rates. They delivered a container to the site and picked it up after we finished. Very easy to..."
88. Ellis Wise Junkyard & Towing
12046 Hall Shop Rd, Clarksville, MD 21029
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
This salvage yard wich operates in the town of Clarksville (Maryland), delivers a very competent service to its clients, with great offers but without giving up the highest excellency and an extensive variety of catalog. Contact them by: phone. This business has been voted 3 times by our users.
"Professional and friendly! My kid's nanny totaled my car and it sat in impound for a week before I could find it. I got a fair deal for the salvage and they came and picked up the car at the..."
99. Virginia Scrap Corporation
2405 James Madison Hwy, Haymarket, VA 20169
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts auto buyer
Purchasers have the opportunity to find this junkyard close to the proximity of the city of Haymarket (Virginia). Its primary business model is the sale of auto spare parts with the most incredible prices in the surroundings and with all the warranties that you may request. In case you are aimed to contact them, you can do this by these methods: phone. This company has been rated 3 times by previous users.
"These People are The # 1 Top Payer in this Area.. That has helped me so much Trust me when I say this place is Top Notch to other scrap yards.. Don't waste your time going through the stress of..."
1010. Charlotte Hall Metal and Scrap
37339 Carpenter Ln, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
37.9 miles 2.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Do you have sleeping in the garage a junk auto or are you trying hard to locate used parts compatible with your automobile? This site suggest a visit to this junkyard in Charlotte Hall, since it offers a gargantuan stock. This company has been rated 3 times by our users.
"Jessica was awesome handling the scales. This was my 1st time ever doing business here. Great customer service."
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Fairfax, VA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Fairfax, VA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Fairfax, VA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Virginia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Fairfax, VA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Fairfax, VA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Fairfax, VA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
Are there any junkyards in Fairfax, VA that pay more for cars than others?
Yes, some junkyards in Fairfax, VA may offer higher payouts for cars based on factors like your car's make, model, condition, and location. To find the best offer, it's advisable to contact multiple junkyards in your area and compare their quotes. Additionally, you can explore junk car buyers that specialize in certain vehicle makes or have a reputation for offering competitive prices.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How do I know if a junkyard is reputable?
Here are some tips on how to know if a junkyard is reputable:
- Check online reviews. This is a good way to get an idea of what other customers have experienced with the junkyard. Look for reviews that mention the junkyard's prices, customer service, and the quality of the parts they sell.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any recommendations for junkyards. You can also ask your local mechanic or auto body shop for recommendations.
- Visit the junkyard in person. This will give you a chance to see the junkyard's facilities and meet the staff. Look for a junkyard that is clean and organized. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask the junkyard staff questions about their prices, the parts they have available, and their warranty policies. If the staff is hesitant to answer your questions or seems to be giving you vague answers, that's a red flag.
- Be wary of junkyards that offer to pay you in cash. Reputable junkyards will typically pay you by check or money order. If a junkyard offers to pay you in cash, it could be a sign that they are not a legitimate business.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.