💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
801 E Gude Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
4/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker offers first-class car removal services, providing professional and efficient assistance. With quick and secure pick-up arrangements, they ensure a easy process. Whether you're looking to sell your car or have it removed, their reliable service guarantees a smooth transaction with instant cash payment.
"I have always scheduled my appointment for car pick up with karville they are wonderful people they explain every step of the process it takes 4-5 minutes to do all the work and just like..."more
22. Car's Cash For Junk Clunkers
1019 Arlington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22209
5/5 - 2 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
Looking to get rid of your old car quickly and seamlessly? Take a look at this reliable junkyard service. With a quick and easy process, fair cash offers, and professional pickup services, you can trust them to take care of all your junk car needs. Sell your car easily today!
"Car’s Cash for Junk Clunkers is simply amazing, but I have one minor issue, which is the website. While the form that you complete so that a quote is generated is easy to fill in, I feel that..."more
33. David Auto Recycle
10855 Charles St, La Plata, MD 20646
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Visit our family owned salvage yard for a wide selection of self-serve used auto parts. Our knowledgeable and dedicated team is here to help you find what you need among our dated but accessible vehicles. Come and see why customers from all over are making the trip to our yard for the best deals on quality auto parts.
"Couldn't find a headlight for our 2009 VW GTI at a reasonable price anywhere. Then we found David Auto Recycle. Not only did we get the headlight, but also a cargo cover for our car that we'd..."more
44. KING GEORGE AUTO and TRUCK PARTS
10022 Huntington Ln, King George, VA 22485
48 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto & truck parts self service shipping available
Come to our self-serve salvage yard for all your used part needs. With a wide selection of car, truck, van, and SUV parts from both domestic and import vehicles, you're sure to find what you need. Our 40-acre junkyard also has a 3-story warehouse full of clean, tested parts for your convenience.
"I highly recommend this business! They were super helpful and friendly on the phone and even more so in person. I called many places before going there and they had the best prices by far! When..."more
55. Southlawn Auto Recyclers Inc
15101 Southlawn Ln, Rockville, MD 20850
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
Find the used parts you need for your car at this junkyard specializing in salvaged vehicles. With a wide selection of car parts, including rare and hard-to-find items, you can find what you need for your Honda Civic 1996 or any other make and model. Get your vehicle up and running without breaking the bank.
1996 honda civic EX 2D : Rear Driver Side Trailing Arm (Drum) including bolts.
"Looking for Honda Civic 1996 Rear Driver Side Trailing Arm for picture: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283839006090 Thank you."more
66. Whitewater Auto Parts
164 Norman Rd, Stafford, VA 22554
37.1 miles 3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service shipping available
Trying to find hard-to-find car parts? Visit this self-serve salvage yard offering a large inventory of used parts from 1959 to 1998. Despite the slightly disorganized layout, the friendly staff at the info counter will help you browse through their large selection of items. Conveniently located in Stafford, Virginia, they also offer worldwide shipping.
"I ended up in this yard today 8/12/2023 looking for a stupid Power steering fluid reservoir cap for my Cadillac because for some reason I've been looking through all the auto parts websites and..."more
77. D & W Auto Parts
12727 Brandywine Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
The junkyard offers a self-serve option for customers looking for used parts. With a friendly and knowledgeable staff, customers can expect an excellent buying experience. Whether it's tires or other car parts, this place is known for having everything a customer might need at reasonable prices.
"They were a life savor the only place I could find a tire to fit my car an he gave me a really good reasonable price for all four.I highly recommend this junk yard the guys are super friendly..."more
88. Frank's Scrap Metal
8840 Monard Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20910
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
Located in a convenient area, this family-owned recycling center offers a self-serve option for easy drop-off and pick-up. With friendly staff and fair prices, clients rave about the excellent service provided by this facility. They are always ready to assist with any recycling needs in a smoothly manner.
"Great service and super friendly. Andrew came out to a demo project and gave us a run down on their rates. They delivered a container to the site and picked it up after we finished. Very easy to..."more
99. Cash For Cars - Baltimore East
601 W Patapsco Ave B, Baltimore, MD 21225
30.1 miles 5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts junk car removal towing service
This auto wrecker provides professional and punctual service, ensuring a seamless vehicle pick up. With helpful and efficient staff, this business offers maximum payout for your car, even after it's been totaled. Although there were some issues with the check process, the overall experience was positive and satisfactory.
"The man that came out to us was very punctual and professional. They could not come the initial day we discussed but they were able to explain why and it was completely understandable. The..."more
1010. Ellis Wise Junkyard & Towing
12046 Hall Shop Rd, Clarksville, MD 21029
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Looking to salvage your old or totaled vehicle? This salvage yard offers professional and efficient service, whether your car is in the impound lot or needs to be picked up elsewhere. Customers appreciate the fair deals and prompt response to their salvage needs, making it a reliable option for salvaging your vehicle.
"Professional and friendly! My kid's nanny totaled my car and it sat in impound for a week before I could find it. I got a fair deal for the salvage and they came and picked up the car at the..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in District of Columbia
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in District of Columbia?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in District of Columbia, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the District of Columbia DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the District of Columbia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in District of Columbia?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
What happens to the parts of my car that cannot be sold?
The parts of your car that cannot be sold when you take them to a junkyard will typically be recycled or scrapped.
- Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.
- Scrapping is the process of breaking down metal into smaller pieces so that it can be melted down and reused.
Junkyards have a variety of ways to recycle and scrap car parts. Some have their own recycling and scrapping facilities, while others contract with other companies like auto wreckers to do this work.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
Do they have a return or refund policy?
Yes, many have a return or refund policy, but it can vary from junkyard to junkyard. It is important to ask about their return and refund policy before you purchase a part.
Some may offer a full refund on parts that are returned within a certain period of time, while others may only offer a partial refund or a store credit. Some may also have restrictions on what parts can be returned, such as electrical parts or parts that have been installed.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.